- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Best Wine Themed Wedding Ideas
Tips And Ideas For Wine Themed Wedding
Wine is a traditional beverage served at most weddings. If you are a wine lover, then you can easily incorporate your passion for vino into your wedding theme. From color to dacor, wine is a wonderful theme for your wedding celebration.
You don't have to have a winery nearby to have a wine themed wedding. Your theme can be held in any venue with just a few touches that will add that special ambiance to your event.
Colors For Wine Themed Weddings
The colors for your wine themed wedding comes from the grapes themselves. Think of thr rich color of Merlot, the color of champagne, the purples and variations. Add white to the mix and you have elegance and a theme that is sure to please
Have A Wine Tasting Before Your Reception
Instead of a pre-reception cocktail hour, have a wine tasting before your wedding reception starts. Select a red and a white wine. Depending on your budget make several selections. Either have a waiter circulate with these wines, refilling from trays or have a wine tasting station. Add some crackers and cheese if your budget can do so. This is a great way to start your wine themed wedding
Wine Corks For Your DIY Wedding Crafts
DIY Wine Themed Wedding Ideas - Free Craft Ideas For Your Wine Themed Wedding
- Wine Glass Gel Candles
Use these as wedding favors or as decorative accents. The choice is yours
- Homemade Wine Glass Charms
Any beads could be adapted to this craft. Use your imagination to create themed wedding favors
- Wine Cork Board
Easy to make uses all your old corks,,,,save them up and make this unique display board...put pictures of bride and groom...family photos, or nice signs. You could also display escort cards with ine large enough
- Glitter Wine Stopper Wedding Favors
Oh so easy to make, these glitter wine stoppers are sure to please
Wine Bottle Mood Lights
Create a lovely centerpiece with these mood lights. Made with simple ingredients, these lights are sure to please. They can be used as centerpieces or as dÃ©cor anywhere in your wine themed wedding. Click on the picture for more information
Wine Themed Wedding Favors
Naturally, you will be thinking about giving wine as your wedding favors. You can purchase those individual wine bottle- the small ones. Add a tag with your monogram and /or the date of your wedding. Want to go one step further? Here are my favorite ideas for wine themed wedding favors
Wine and Lace Centerpiece
Free Printables For Wine Themed Weddings
- Wine Themed Placecards
In a purple color, all you have to do is add the names and print it out on cardstock weight paper
You can integrate a wine ceremony into your wedding ceremony instead of the usual unity ceremony. It usually takes place after the exchange of rings. The blending of two wines signifies the joining together.
What you will need:
- Two carafes of wine, one with red wine and one with white wine
- A single wine glass-it can be as simple or as fancy as you wish
- A doily or lace placemat to put them on
Wine is the symbol of joy and celebration.
Throughout history, in nearly all cultures and traditions, the sharing of a cup of wine has been used as a universal, central moment of sharing during significant moments. For many it symbolizes the celebration of the harvest, the changing seasons of life, or the ultimate personal sacrifice which others have made on our behalf.
Wine is, after all, the result of years of hard work, the tender care of the grape, a thoughtful mix of ingredients, the patient fermenting, and the unique flavors of each year.
So it is fitting that _____ and ___ take their first cup of wine as a married couple , to not only celebrate all that has taken pace in their lives to this point, but as an expression of hope and faith in the harvest of their lives, the commitment they make, and the sacrifice of all whom has made this moment possible.
_____ and ___, will you each pick up your glass and bring to mind your promises, the honor and integrity with you have made them and your shared hopes and dreams… and toast to one another?
Couple raises their glasses toast and drink
Wine Themed Guestbook Ideas
Instead of having the traditional wedding guestbook, here are some unique ideas for or instead of guestbooks
- Have a cork container on a table. Have a bowl and some fine tipped felt markers. Ask each guest to sign a cork and place it in the container
- Find a small wine barrel. Have fine tipped permanent markers. Ask each guest to sign your wine barrel
- Have guests sign wine bottles that are labeled I year anniversary, 5 year anniversary ,10 year anniversary, ect. Lay out black and white permanent markers so that the guests can sign the bottles
More Wine Themed Wedding Ideas
- Use wine boxes for your centerpieces
- Make a wine cork candleholder. Use a large glass container. Take a smaller glass container and place inside of the larger one. Next place wine corks between the two containers. Place candle inside the smaller container and you are good to go
- Make a wine cork wreath. Glue wine corks into a wreath form and add a purple ribbon
- Cover a initial letter with wine corks
- Use wine bottles as table markers. Cover a wine bottle with a printed number and place on tables
- Take wine corks and cut a slit with a craft knife. Put your escort card into the slit and place them on a tray
- Take an inexpensive wine glass from the dollar store and turn it upside down. Place a real or a silk flower or two underneath. Pace a small candle on the top
- Glue and wrap twine around empty wine bottles. Group them in fours and place light flowers in each. Place on a tray. Add a few votive candles around each centerpiece
Free Wine Themed Printables
For a simple fall gift, buy a favorite bottle of wine and dress it up with one of our fabulous free labels featuring autumn leaves, pumpkins and more. All you have to do is download, print, cut and wrap!