Butterfly Wedding Ideas and Tips
Butterfly themed weddings are perfect for spring and summer events as well as outdoor weddings. But this theme can also be used at other times as well.Almost any color will work with your butterfly wedding.
Colors to consider for your theme would be pastel or bright colors, depending on your taste. Think about pinks, lavenders, blue and yellow or gold.
Flowers should be more of a Springtime or summer flower. Try to incorporate the flowers that a butterfly would naturally favor.
There are plenty of things that you can craft to make your wedding uniquely yours in every sense of the word. But if you are not crafty, there is enough products available to create a beautiful wedding without the fuss.
The butterfly itself has a lot of meaning and symbolism. In many cultures the butterfly means a new start. It also refers to a transition, a celebration and growth.
Wedding Invitations-Butterfly Wedding
Your invitations always should give a hint of your theme to your invited guests. Include butterflies in the design, or include some butterfly confetti within the invite.
Of course you can order invitations that cost hundreds of dollars. However, I have found that these are usually not kept by anyone except the close family. If you do order invites save money by using single sheet invites. You can check with your local office supply store, they often have reasonable prices.
You can also get wedding invite kits from your local craft outlets. These kits come with everything you need. All you have to do is format your information and use your home printer to print them.
Order plain invitations with just the basic information. Take a small butterfly stamp and add your own design in a color close to the ones you have chosen. You can do the same thing with two punched butterflies glued together in the body of the butterfly
Add lace to your invitations. You can punch paper lace or add strips of lace to your invites to create a nostalgic look.
Another idea would be to use butterfly postage stamps on your envelopes
Add a special touch to your wedding with butterfly postage stamps. You can these stamps at your local post office.
Butterfly Wedding Information And Invitation Printables
- DIY Butterfly Wedding Invitations
Tips and ideas to make your own butterfly wedding invitations. Create unique and inexpensive wedding stationery with our DIY ideas and step by step tutorials.
- DIY Butterfly Invitations
These DIY Butterfly Invitations were super simple to make and might inspire your own butterfly themed birthday party.
- Printable Butterfly Wedding Invitation Templates
Print and make your own butterfly wedding invitations with our interactive templates. We have DIY templates available in several summery color palettes with all sorts of stationery pieces from invites and STD's to table number cards and wine labels.
- Free Wedding Border Templates | Butterflies Wedding Invitation - Lavender and Purple | Printable ...
Feb 2, 2019- Free Wedding Border Templates | Butterflies Wedding Invitation - Lavender and Purple | Printable ...
Bridal Party Ideas
You as the bride can make a statement by adding a fancy butterfly clip to a plain veil. If you are not wearing a veil, how about adding a formal butterfly clip to your hair?
There are also rhinestone butterfly clips that can be added to a plain pair of white shoes, These would be delightful as the peek out from below your dress.
Your bride maids can help you carry out your theme and make a lovely statement. Pastel colors would certainly make a light statement. You can also add a butterfly clip to their hair. Have your florist add a butterfly or two to their bouquets.d b
You can also find butterfly rhinestone pins to add over a wrap on your bridesmaids flowers. These pins can double as your bridesmaids gifts.
Speaking of gifts, why not give each mother a pretty butterfly pin to wear on their dress?
Add a bit of sweetness to your flower girl. Add some butterflies to her hair. You can purchase them in any craft store. Add them to a barrette or to a hair band. Instad of flowers, have her throw butterflies that you have punched your self. Take a plain basket and add some flowers to the rim. Add a butterfly or two to the rim arrangement.
Add a butterfly to the corsages for the mother of the bride and groom.
A Butterfly Wedding Toast
May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond.
Butterfly Wedding Decor
Want a really unique centerpiece? Find branches that are about the sake height. Secure them in a vase or flowerpot. Attach paper flowers and butterflies to the branches in your wedding colors.
If you are using tulle sashes, add a butterfly to the bow
You can add butterfly confetti to the tables. If you a butterfly paper punch or an electronic paper cutter, you can make them your self
More Butterfly Wedding Decor Ideas
- Free Printable Beautiful Butterflies
Printable butterflies that you can use on cupcakes or in arrangements. Can also be used on placecards
- DIY Mason Jar Butterfly Terrarium - House of Jade Interiors Blog
Make your own DIY butterfly terrarium. Make these delightful centerpieces with mason jars and little butterflies. You could add a few flowers or ribbons in your theme color
- Fiona's Crafting: Butterfly Wedding Ensemble
Create unique butterfly wedding placecards
Use butterfly wine charms on your wine or water glasses as your guest favors
Free Vintage Butterfly Clip Art
Butterfly Wedding Cake
Butterfly Food Theme Ideas
- Purple Butterfly Wedding Cupcakes – from the sweet kitchen
This last half-term is so hectic - I've had no time to blog at all. I'm conscious of the stack of photos building up with nothing done to them yet. However, a very nice comment about my blog from a friend today prompted me into trying to get somethin
- Butterfly Food Ideas
I created a round-up of butterfly food ideas so that you are well-equipped to throw your own butterfly party with ideas that work for and inspire you.
Butterfly Candy Buffet Idea
Many farms specialize in providing butterflies specifically for special event releases. Search for one that can deliver to you, and make sure you check references and get a guarantee from the vendor you choose to go with.
Butterfly releases can be a bit pricey. And there is always a chance that the butterflies may not arrive alive. Before you purchase, always check with the better business bureau to make sure that the vendor has not had compaints
Here is a list of possible butterfly release farms. Many of them also have unique butterfly wedding accessories also.
Butterfly Release Poems and Readings
- Butterfly Release Poems - funeral butterflies, wedding butterfly butterfly favor butterfly release a
Butterfly Release wedding butterfly butterfly favor butterfly release at wedding butterfly decoration butterfly wedding theme butterfly wedding favor live butterfly unique wedding favor butterfly kit live butterfly kit butterfly party favor releasing
More DIY Easy Butterfly Wedding Decor
Here are the most simple ideas that you can use to v=create your own butterfly wedding decor.
- Butterfly centerpiece- Take a low flat vase. Attach a piece of florists foam to the vase. Arrange as many real branches in your vase. Cover the base with stones. Add punched or cut butterflies with light string. You could also put low artficiall votive lights in the base.
- Use a butterfly shape as a place card. Make a butterfly shape on heavy card stock. It can be white or any color you wish.. Print or write the name of your guest on the shape. If you are using pastel card stock, write or print the name in gold, silver or any other metallic ink. Make a small slit if the place card. Attach the butterfly to a water glass or a champagne glass.
- Make your own seating cards. White card stock with the name and table printed on it. Then add a printed or stamped butterfly to the top of the card. So simple and elegant.
- Make a bubble wedding favor ! Take the standard wedding bubbles. Glue a printed or punched butterfly to the top of the bubble wand.
- Butterfly Swizzle Stick- Cut or punch a butterfly out of heavy printed card stock . Make two slits in the butterfly and slide on the swizzle stick.
- Make A Butterfly Wishes-Make a bunch of butterflies in white. Ask your guests as they come in to write a wish to the bride and groom. Have a basket to place the wishes in. Makes a lovely memory that the couple can enjoy for years.
A butterfly sanctuary would be the perfect choice for your wedding ceremony
Butterfly Kisses-One of the most popular wedding songs
Other Butterfly Themed Wedding Music
- Butterfly Waltz as a processional
- Butterfly by Corrine Bailey Rae
- Butterfly Fly Away
Make It Yourself Butterfly Wedding Crafts
- Recycled Paper Butterflies - Atomic Shrimp
These colourful paper butterflies are great for brightening up a dull wall, or pinning on a gift - they're easy to make, using any colourful paper - even an ad page from a
- Shell-Game How-To: Coquina Butterfly | Martha Stewart
Make sweet butterfly ornaments as decorations or as favors for your butterfly wedding
- 209 best Butterfly Wedding Ideas images on Pinterest | Wedding Anniversary, Butterfly wedding and Bu
Weddings and butterflies always go together! We have compiled a gallery of butterfly details to inspire your wedding day décor. | See more ideas about Wedding Anniversary, Butterfly wedding and Butterflies.
- Butterfly Bouquet | Martha Stewart Weddings
Laura Normandin fashioned her breathtakingly beautiful butterfly bouquet from silk and feather creatures secured on thin wires so that they float and flutter realistically.
DIY Pompom Lanterns
Free Butterfly Printables
- Printable Butterfly Templates and Butterfly Shapes
Brighten up your art crafts with these free printable butterfly templates. Print these butterfly shapes onto colored construction paper.
- Free Butterfly Clipart Images - Distressed Handwriting Overlay | Call Me Victorian
I've created this free collection of butterfly clipart made with distressed vintage handwriting paper overlay and darkened edge. The file is a transparent PNG that can be printed out on letter sized paper, or each image can be used in their digital s
Final Thought On Butterfly Weddings
No matter if you create it yourself, or use professionals to help you create the butterfly wedding theme, you simply cannot go wrong with this. There are so many options with this theme. You simply cannot make a mistake with your decor. This is a theme that is wide open to interpretation in all aspects. We wish you well on your journey.