Calla Lily Weddings
Best Calla Lilly Wedding Ideas and Tips
The Graceful Calla Lilly has endeared brides for ages. This graceful flower lends itself as a theme to both traditional and contemporary themes.These delightful flowers not only come in bridal white, but several shades of pastels and tones.Create an elegant wedding theme by using the calla lilies in as many aspects of your wedding as possible
Calla Lilies have thick long stems that are three feet long, They are green and smooth. Mini Callas are half that size. The leaves are wide and long.they usually measure 1 to 1 1/2 feet long, and are blotchy green.
Calla lilies sigfnify purity and rebirthThe calla lily was the flower that early Romans used to signify the passing of the winter solstice
The calla lily is associated with rebirth because it can survive up to 10 days as a cut flowerSince the 1800's, the calla lily has symbolized femininity, modesty, and magnificent beauty. The open lipped, cone shaped flowers, with heart-shaped leaves on long 20 to 36 inch stems are a classic, sophisticated wedding flower for bridal bouquets
Calla Lilies are a perennial favorite of spring and summer weddings, but they are also popular with winter brides. They work in complete harmony with winter snow, ice and crystals.
Designing Your Calla Lilly Wedding
Options and Considerations
Congratulations on choosing this classic theme for your wedding. Your good taste will be reflected throughout your ceremony and reception with this classic flower theme. How you use it and what elements to chose is up to you. We have chosen several ideas to help you create a theme that will delight you and your guests.
If you are using classic white lilies, then we suggest that you add another pastel color or lighter tone to compliment your choice. On the opposite side, if you chose one of the colored calla lilies, then you may decide on white as your base color for your linens. You can add as many elements of your theme to your wedding. WE have gathered a collection that will help you put together your theme.
Calla Lilly Wedding Theme Planning Tips
Here are some tips and ideas for your call lily wedding planning.
- Find a venue with calla lilly gardens This is the ultimate statement of your theme
- If you are having a garden wedding, plant calla lilies ahead of your datePlanning your wedding garden makes perfect sense
- Buy or grow potted calla lilies These can be used for a variety of decorations both at your ceremony and reception
- Give calla lilly bulbs as your favor Your guests will remember you every time they see the flower
- Place miniature calla lilies in your bridesmaid's hair
- Light a calla lily shaped unity candle during your wedding ceremony.
- If you are having a formal dinner at your reception, place a single, long-stemmed calla lily on each person's plate.
- Calla Lilies are more reasonably priced during the summer months, so plan accordingly.
Grow Your Own Calla Lilies - Natural Wedding Décor Idea
Why not think about growing your own calla lilies for your wedding? Consider purchasing bulbs and growing them in pots. They can be used as center pieces, They can also be used in entryways, on gift tables, on escort card tables or anywhere you need a touch of elegance. later, you can plant them in the garden of your new home. You will have a living remembrance of your wedding forever.
Add Color To Your Calla Lilly Theme
Why not use white for the bride and a second color for your theme. You can use the second color for bridemaids bouquets,table linens, favors and more. Don't just limit yourself to stark white.
Calla Lilly Wedding Invitations - Your Theme Starts here
The first place to start with your calla lilly wedding theme is to chose your invitations. Your invitations make a statement about your theme and sets the tone for your event. Adding special touches on your invites like a personal monogram and return addresses with calla lilies on them also make an elegant statement
Calla Lilly Wedding Cake
Calla Lilly Wedding Favors
We have chosen several calla lilly wedding favors for your consideration. These favors will briong elegance to your wedding without overpowering your event. If you chose not to place them at place settings, they could be placed on a silver tray with escort cards attached.
Types Of Flowers That Go With Calla Lilies - Tips For Your Wedding Bouquets, Arrangements and Décor
Calla Liilies are enhanced by other flowers. Knowing what to mix with them is very important so that you don't wind up with a confusing mess. Here are some suggestions. You can opt for the colored calla lilies rather than the white. Use silk or livr thr choice is yours
- Roses make a beautiful accompaniment to the gracious calla lilly.Mixing colorful roses with white calla lilies is a good way to add impact to bridal bouquets and other arrangements
- Orchids with calla lilies add a richness and style that makes perfect sense.Orchids can be tied along calla lilies long stems at various points for a spectacular effect.Orchids possess a delicacy that enhances the soft solidity of calla lily bouquets
- Lilacs combined with calla lilies can make a wonderful theme for a spring wedding The tiny flower clusters on lilacs soften the sleek lines of calla lilies
Calla Lilly Bridal Bouquets
To make a simple Calla Lilly Bridal Bouquet fill the stem with tepid water, then plug the bottom of the stem with a cotton ball" to make the bouquet last. Lay decorative grass or greens on a flat surface. Place the first lily on top of the pile with the flower peeking above the grass. Arrange two to five additional lilies around the first with flower tips slightly lower than the first. Gather the assortment in your hands and wrap a rubber band or florist wire to fasten them. Hide the bands with a ribbon. After walking back up the aisle, place the posies in a bowl of water to prevent premature wilting. Display it near the guest book.
The second alternative is to use silk flowers. This option takes away the chance of wilting flowers and gives the option of being able to carry it longer or display it on your heaad table
Do It Yourself Calla Lilly Wedding Projects
- Calla Lilly Wedding Bouquets
This bouquet makes a modern, fresh statement with white Calla Lilies and ribbon-wrapped stems. Designed by Debbie Terrell
- Calla Lilly Wedding Ideas
Great collection of calla lilly ideas and projects
- Calla Lilly Wedding Favors
Easy way to use a chocolate calla lilly wedding favor
- Calla Lilly Trailing Wedding Bouquets
This is a spectacular long flowing bridal bouquet. And it is very easy to make if you just follow the steps. An extra pair of hands is a plus when making this wedding bouquet.