Christmas Wishes and Quotes to Write in a Christmas Card
Tis' the Season to Write in Christmas Cards
After Thanksgiving, the countdown begins. My wife immediately starts listening to strictly Christmas music. People in the neighborhood put up Christmas lights. The stores get busy, and I know it's time to start getting Christmas cards in the mail.
Most Christmas cards have a warm message and a little update about the family which sent the card. There are no rules that you have to follow, but looking over the following examples may help you decide what you want to say.
Christmas Wishes for Friends
We usually see family for the holidays, but friends can make Christmas a lot of fun. Here are some examples of things to write in cards you send to friends.
- I always find myself feeling grateful as I sit down to write in my Christmas cards. Mostly I'm thankful for great friends like you.
- Friends like you make Christmas extra fun!
- We're glad to have great friends like you to send our Christmas cards. We hope this card finds you enjoying the holiday season!
- Your presence is the only present I want from you this year.
- Although there are many things to be grateful for in my life this holiday season, your friendship is one of my favorites.
- No matter how many Christmases go by, you'll always be my friend. And that means you get a card.
- I hope this card finds you in good spirits. I am grateful to be able to wish you a merry Christmas, because you are such a good friend.
- What would Christmas be without friends like you and me?
- Stay cool my friend, but don't get too cold.
- You're the type of friend who can warm my heart during the frigid holiday season.
- I'm grateful to have people like you to send Christmas cards.
- This is the time to celebrate with love and joy for all the blessings we've been given.
- Friends are the spice of life at Christmas.
- This is the most wonderful time of the year to be with the ones you love. I'm looking forward to seeing you.
- Some things in life can't be replaced because they are a gift from above. Friends like you are a great example.
Short Christmas Sayings
Sometimes a short Christmas message is appropriate. This is true when you are sharing a card at work, or if you are creating the saying for a customized family card. I have been creating Christmas cards using online tools with my wife for the past few years. We always need a short saying to write alongside the pictures to wish our friends and family a Merry Christmas.
- "Christmas is a great time of the year to say 'I love you.'"
- "Know that you are loved this holiday season."
- "I'm grateful to have great friends like you."
- "Find time to do the most important things this Christmas."
- "The best gifts of Christmas aren't found under the tree."
- "Peace to you and your family this Christmas."
- "We're wishing you a blessed holiday season."
- "Tis' the Season to wish my friends a Merry Christmas."
- "Sending you warm Christmas wishes!"
- "May your Christmas be warm and bright."
- "It's Christmas, so it's time to celebrate His birth."
- "We hope your experience a little Christmas magic this year."
- "Peace on earth. Merry Christmas to all!"
- "Have a Happy Holiday!"
- "Let's celebrate the greatest gift ever given. Merry Christmas!"
- "Love, joy, and peace to you."
- "Hope is born at Christmas."
- "I'm wishing you an extra scoop of Christmas magic this year."
- "Christmas is a time of wonder and amazement."
- "I love Christmas almost as much as I love you."
Religious Christmas Wishes
Christmas is a perfect opportunity to spread your faith about who Jesus is to you. Writing an inspirational Christmas wish is a great way to spread the good news to those who you care about. Since your Christmas message should represent you, you can write a meaningful christian message.
- "The Lord bless you and keep you this Christmas."
- "May you find yourself basking in the love of Christ this Christmas."
- "God is good all the time because of the Christmas story."
- "The light of the world shines bright at Christmas time."
- "We have hope because of Christmas!"
- "Jesus is the reason!"
- "Christmas is about love, sacrifice, and victory!"
- "2000 years ago we were given a great gift, and no gift has ever been given since that can compare."
- "Christmas is a time all Christians can celebrate together no matter what denomination."
- "Let's celebrate the birth of our Savior!"
Quotes about Christmas
Including a quote is a great way to spice up a Christmas card. These are some of the more funny and/or inspirational quotes you'll find.
- "Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little more." -The Grinch
- "Don't get your tinsel in a tangle." -unknown
- "This is the message of Christmas: We are never alone." -Taylor Caldwell
- "First we'll make snow angels for two hours. Then we'll go ice-skating. Then we'll eat a whole roll of toll-house cookie dough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle." -Buddy the Elf
- "And the angel said to them. Fear not; for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, that shall be to all people. For, this day, is born to you a savior, who is Christ the Lord." -Luke 2:10-11
- "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." -Charles Dickens
- "When you stop believing in Santa, you get underwear." -unknown
- "Is your house on fire, Clark? ...No aunt Betty, those are the Christmas lights." -Clark Griswold
- "The best Christmas trees come very close to exceeding nature." -Andy Rooney
- "Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas." Dale Evans Rogers
- "Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love." -Hamilton Wright Mabie
- "Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves." -Eric Sevareid
- "One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day." -Andy Rooney
How to Get in the Mood to Write in Christmas Cards
Writing in a Christmas Card takes inspiration. My wife is better than I am at getting the Christmas spirit, so I consulted her for ideas. She quickly made suggestions of things she likes to do to celebrate the holiday. These are some creative ideas to get your juices flowing and write a perfect Christmas wish.
- Listen to Christmas music
- Watch Christmas movies
- Read the Christmas story in the Bible or read another Christmas book.
- Read some of your old Christmas cards that you have received.
- Bake cookies
- Light a Christmas candle
- Buy Christmas stamps at the post office
- Put up Christmas decorations
- Look at old Christmas photos or videos
- Sit by a fireplace or a t.v. with a fireplace video playing
- Read through the nice Christmas quotes and messages found here.