Date Decorum: When acting like a lady becomes twice as important!
When acting like a lady becomes twice as important!
Going on a date is super exciting and fun, but it's also new territory. You'll need to on your best behavior to make a good impression, and you must act like a lady of you want to be treated like one. Be PDA polite (public display of affection) and always mind your manners, and you'll inspire him to act like a true gentleman himself.
Dos and Don't s
At the mall
- Do: Hold his hand to show your affection. Don't Drape yourself over your guy as if you were his sweater
- Do: Offer to pay for the movie / coffee / meal / once in a while. Don't expect him to pay for everything all the time.
- Do: Allow your date to check out the sports and electronics stores. Don't drag him only to the stores of your choosing, and then make him carry a ton of purchases
At a party
- Do: introduce him to people he hasn't met. Don't exclude him from conversations with your friends
- Do: allow him to mingle with common friends. Don't corner him and stay glued to his entire night.
- Do: Let him dance if wants to (even if he's not good at it!). Don't belittle him and give his reasons to begrudge you.
- Do: hang out in common areas of the house. Don't ignore his family members or household help and be a diva.
- Do: greet his parents if you're at his house, and yours if you chill in your place. Don't make a beeline for his room (or yours) and stay locked in there.
- Do: keep physical relations GP (General Patronage). Don't do anything physical you are not ready for.
* Source: Candy, October 2008