Wedding Planner or Do it Yourself?
One Year Before the Wedding
There is so much to do and so little time, to coin a phrase. If you are
going to hire a wedding planner, now is the time to do it.
Why do I need a wedding planner or bridal consultant, you may ask?
Wedding planning is more complicated today than it was when your parents married. Couples marry across ethnic, cultural, religious and racial backgrounds. Some couples have been married more than once.
Proper wedding etiquette can be confusing, and some feel more secure having a professional, who knows how to do it.
Couples have jobs and their parents have jobs and this does not leave much time for planning all the details required to plan a wedding.
Sometimes the bride lives too far away from where the wedding takes place and needs someone locally that can plan the details.
What are the services provided by the Wedding Planner?
1. Planning that is time-efficient, cost-effective and worry-free.
2. Resolution of conflicts with third-party objectivity.
3. Working within a budget and eliminating costly mistakes.
4. Bringing fresh ideas of trends and styles in the bridal world.
5. Having the vendor contacts that you would have to research and interview.
6. Letting the couple and their families enjoy their Big Day, while the wedding planner manages
the details of the event.
7. Having the answers to the bride and groom's questions or finding out the answer quickly.
What if I Want to Plan My Wedding Myself?
It is perfectly all right to "do it yourself." That's what my whole series of blogs is about. I am a Certified Bridal Consultant and I will try to walk you through planning your wedding step by step. Sorry I can't be there with you, but if you have any questions, please ask me in the comments section. I look forward to hearing from you.
More Wedding Hubs by judydianne
- Popular Wedding Invitation Card Designs
Ordering invitations to your wedding requires a good deal of thought and the ability to make appropriate decisions. Choosing the stationer is the first decision. Look for a variety of styles and prices....
- Bridal Accessories.....The Bride's Headpiece
1. It must be flattering. 2. It needs to feel secure. 3. It must be easy to wear. 4. It must be the same shade as the wedding gown. (Compare in natural light to make sure) There are a variety of...