The Girl of My Dreams
YOU try finding a picture without the grand-kids in it!
The girl of my dreams said “Yes”, when I asked her to marry me 43 years ago. I don't know what would have happened if she said no. But, after 43 years married, she is still the girl of my dreams and my love for her is beyond description.
Why was she the girl for me? What qualities did she have that made me know that I could not live without her? What makes her the girl of my dreams?
Let me start at the beginning.
My eyes adore you...
I met my bride to be when we were just kids; I was 11 and she was 9. OMG! This is her...this is the girl I'm going to marry! I'm deadly serious, this was exactly what I thought. I'm not certain how I knew, but I sincerely remember thinking just that on the day we met. It's now 54 years later.
I wanted so hard to make a good impression, but didn’t have a clue what that could be. Somehow, I didn't see myself as the bedazzling Prince Charming.
Then I thought, " well amaze her with stories of my glamorous achievements."
My problem: I couldn't think of any. I would have been lying. But, as Mark Twain once said, “If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.”
So, I shyly introduced myself and as we passed our 43rd anniversary, the rest, as they say, is history.
What Can You Do?
But what about you? Here are a few suggestions to get you started in the right direction.
1) Have an image already forming on what the woman that you’ll spend the rest of your life with will be like. If you don’t know who you are looking for, how will you know when you find her? Yet, nothing is etched in stone and over time, your 'dream girl' might take on a different picture.
2) Get over any fears that you have of talking with her and don't miss what could be the only chance you'll have to meet her. If you don’t go up and introduce yourself, she’ll be in and out of your life faster than a blink of your eye.
3) Be polite, on your best manners and have some interesting things to say to try to start a conversation. Be yourself and be confident. Women will detect when you are being fake and do not like wishy-washy men.
4) Make eye contact and smile. Try and say something funny . A majority of women find that a man who can make them laugh is more attractive in her eyes.
5) Don’t take the first no as a final answer. She may be unsure of your motives, so be clear that you do find her interesting and would just like a chance to get to know her better.
6) Act appropriately and always be a gentleman.
7) Be yourself. Remember, live with no excuses and love with no regrets.
Life is hectic. Opportunities do not always present themselves. And I hope that you too "will know" when you meet your special girl.