- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Eco Friendly Centerpiece Ideas for Your Wedding
Vintage Centerpiece Ideas = Eco Friendly
Centerpieces are a top priority when planning a wedding or event. Coming up with eco friendly centerpiece ideas is fun and easy! The brides I worked with through the years always had a sense or feeling of what they wanted but not necessarily the exact physical description of a centerpiece.
They needed inspiration, suggestions and ideas. That's where I came in -- showing them photos or physical items they could incorporate into a centerpiece. It was so great to see their eyes light up when I hit upon the right combination.
Vintage weddings (and events) are hot right now but did you know you can also be environmentally conscious by making eco friendly centerpieces? This is very appealing to a lot of couples out there.
So, how do you make a vintage centerpiece?
Let's look at some ideas...
Image Credit: MorgueFile.com
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Reduce -- Reduce the consumption of the earth's raw materials thereby reducing the energy used to process those materials into consumer products. This step of processing/manufacturing can also create air and water pollution and add to the greenhouse effect.
- Reuse -- Reuse items to elongate their lifespan reducing waste that ends up in landfills. You can reuse the items for their original, intended use or repurpose them for new uses.
- Recycling -- The concept of returning recyclable goods (paper, glass, metal, aluminum, plastic, electronics, etc...) to be broken down and reused in making those same goods over again.
Learn about Eco Friendly Wedding Ideas with this Book - The Everything Green Wedding Book
Truly ideas for everything you need at your wedding while keeping an eco friendly theme. Decorations, attire, favors, flowers, invitations, locations and more!
This is my bible for green weddings!
Shopping vintage can be so much fun! The concept is simple.
By reusing items that have already been produced, you are reducing waste and the pollution that is created by manufacturing new items.
You can reuse the items for their original intended purpose or repurpose them for a new use or simply use them as decor -- a reminder of vintage times.
Let's say you are using a Vintage Travel theme for your wedding or event. One centerpiece could reuse a globe in your centerpiece for its' intended purpose -- as a globe. Then, you could add an small, vintage suitcase and fill it with some floral or greenery. This would be using the suitcase as a planter or vase for your centerpiece. -- repurposing it from its' original use.
Finally, to the grouping you could add a compass, a travel brochure or vintage postcard reusing them in a purely decorative fashion.
Public Domain Image
~ To give a new purpose or use to something; To use or convert for use in another format
Ideas for Vintage Weddings
Eco Friendly Centerpiece Ideas
A vintage theme can be brought to life by utilizing old items in a grouping or centerpiece for your event. You can stick with a specific vintage theme or just use the concept of vintage in general.
The general definition of vintage is:
Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal; classic
Virtually, anything that is old or vintage and follows your theme could be used as a centerpiece (remembering centerpiece guidelines of course).
Image: DecoratingforEvents - Mandee
General Vintage Theme Idea -- Use phrases for each table that depict the couple, marriage or old sayings.
Find vintage items that personify or evoke the feelings of these chosen mini-themes. Tag/Name each of the tables with the quote.
- Love makes the World go 'round -- a globe or map
- You hold the key to my heart -- keys
- Sew in Love -- thread, needles, pin cushions, small sewing box
- Love at First Sight -- old spectacles or glass
- The Art of Love -- artist's palette, small easel or beret
- Two of a Kind -- a pair of love birds or other pair of items that go together...
Image Credit: The Shabby Nest Blog
Vintage Shopping - for Vintage Centerpieces
Online auctions, local thrift stores, antique or vintage booths, yard sales and flea markets are awesome places to look for just the right item to incorporate into your vintage theme.
Vintage centerpieces are not that hard to design and can save you lots of budget money.
The average cost of floral wedding centerpieces is $55 with more elaborate florals running $100+ each. Vintage centerpieces (eco centerpieces) save you money and be economically responsible at the same time.
- True love stories never have endings -- Books or fairytale items like glass slipper or pumpkin carriage
- A time for us -- Clocks, pocket watches
- Love is a journey not a destination -- Postcards, vintage luggage, luggage tags, anything travel related.
- Love is a flower that is made to bloom by two gardeners -- Vintage watering can, gardening tools, flowers, planter...
- Our love is picture perfect -- vintage cameras, film
- Our love is immeasurable -- Vintage tape measures, yard sticks, scales, Lady Justice (with scales)...
- How Sweet it is (to be loved by you) -- candy!
Photo Credit: UofSLibrary
Eco Friendly Centerpiece Ideas are Everywhere!
Garage sales, yard sales, estate sales, flea markets, eBay, local auctions and thrift stores are all a great places to find items you can reuse in your centerpiece designs.
Look at things with a new eye. Will that small stool make a great riser for the 6" Eiffel Tower you found? Can you make a chalkboard insert for the vintage frame you found at Goodwill for $1 and use it as a program for your wedding? Will the vintage picnic basket fit perfectly on your cake table with some greenery peeking out?
Enjoy the hunt and then putting things together in a new way to create your own vintage, eco friendly centerpieces!
Image: DecoratingforEvents - Mandee
Vintage Centerpiece Article Resources - More Ideas and Suggestions
- Wedding | Do It Yourself Centerpieces
Creating wedding do it yourself centerpieces is simple when following a few design guidelines. Make your wedding or event memorable through your decor.
- Vintage Centerpieces | Centerpiece for a Wedding | Wedding & Event Decorating
Vintage weddings | themes with a vintage flair deserve equally vintage centerpieces. But, what can you use to make vintage centerpieces?
- Vintage Weddings | Themes
Vintage weddings are all the rage right now. Everything from centerpieces to fashion can have that romantic, vintage theme. What direction will you go with a vintage wedding?
Boxes, Tins, Bottles, Brooches -- So much to choose from - when creating a vintage centerpiece
Flowers are wonderful for the guest tables but have some fun with the containers. Use vintage containers like watering cans, tins cans, hat boxes, tins, tins cans, bottles and more.
Fancy them up some fabric in your color scheme and attach a vintage brooch for a bit of bling. There really are so many different options for a vintage style centerpiece. Don't limit yourself. Make every table different and really have a one of a kind wedding celebration!
Tip: After you are through with it, resell it on eBay, at a yard sale or in a vintage booth. Or, donate it to a thrift store to keep the cycle going!
Squidoo is a FREE format that offers you the opportunity to write about your favorite niche topic and make an income or donate to charity at the same time! What could be better?
Click the Squid for more information...
Creative Ideas for Vintage Weddings
Eco Friendly Centerpieces
I hope you have been inspired by some of these ideas for vintage weddings to create your own eco friendly centerpieces!