jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

What do you hate about your gender?

1. mediawizard profile image66
    mediawizardposted 6 years ago

What do you hate about your gender?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5900652_f260.jpg

2. inaniLoquence profile image70
    inaniLoquenceposted 6 years ago

To undergo menstruation once every 28 days can be tiring... I could live without it... smile

3. stars439 profile image74
    stars439posted 6 years ago

Good question. I am a man. I like being a man, and I think both men, and women are wonderful in many ways. Unfortunately I never liked seeing myself nude.  I think women look much better nude than men do. I always thought I was handsome, and I truly believe women thought I was very handsome too, but I am very self conscious about my body.

Of course I know it is no big deal because Adam, and Eve were kind of bashfull too.

God Bless You, and Merry Christmas to You, and Your Sweet Family.

4. Moon Willow Lake profile image75
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 6 years ago

I am one of the writers for Moon Willow Lake, and I am female. I am not the feminine type at all and I really dislike it when people want to "judge" based on that. I really dislike pink, don't own a dress or skirt, don't care for office attire type clothing (I'm a jeans and T-shirt/sweatshirt type of person), and don't see the point of wasting money on cosmetics that are harmful to us anyway. Plus, when it comes to needing to looking nice because of societal pressures with certain events, it's really challenging; all men need to do is throw on a tux or simple shirt and slacks (lucky!). I'm also just not in to the "typical" female things and am always more comfortable being with, around and talking with men most of the time. Don't get me wrong as I enjoyed the experience of being pregnant despite and other than my unusual medical issues that I wrote a hub about, but there are times when I just do not at all enjoy being female. Sure, I'm "odd" and unique in that sense. That all said, I would never change it, though, and I sure am strongly attracted to men (smiles). Thanks for the fun question!

5. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I don't really "hate" anything about my gender.  I will say that in the working world, I much prefer to work with men. I know all men and all women are not the same--but GENERALLY speaking when working with a man, I always knew where I stood.  He was not likely to tell me one thing and then behind my back something else.  Unfortunately, I have not always found that to be true of the women I have worked with over the years.

So I guess what I dislike is the passive aggressiveness I see in many of the women I have worked with.

I have tried really hard to state this not to offend anyone--we'll see how that works out!  LOL

6. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Women are held accountable as being the bearers of life..........

WE are expected to understand and to deal with, male insecurities, egos, and weaknesses.   These things are seen and witnessed, first in our Dads, Grandpas, then in our brothers and finally in our chosen husbands and our sons.

We are EXPECTED to know of, deal with, and see our menfolk through various ordeals and trials, walking on eggshells in the process...................we stand up and do these things.......

Just to have the men of our lives  dismiss our needs as,  " women" issues. and to tell us, " that is what your girlfriends are for".

We are there for the menfolk, but the men toss us to the flock of our sisters, in our time of need.

Thank you God, for my sisters...........you are there, when there are no men to be found at my table.

It takes a "MAN" to cause me to question those of my own gender.

Yes, Dad, Grandpa, Brother, Husband and Son...........I resent you for failing my needs, when I have been so devoted to yours.

I hate that this self sacrifice has been written into the female gender.

Come now..........dinner is ready.

7. Hubpage Gal profile image60
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

Women often fall in love more easily than men and are often noted for being nourishing instead of strong and able bodied as a man.  These are two good qualities of women to easily fall in love and to be nourishing but such a disposition often causes heartbreak and a summation to be not up for the challenge when the opposite is true.

8. iviskei profile image73
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

Periods are by far the worst. The insane hormones are a close second.

9. That Grrl profile image61
    That Grrlposted 6 years ago

To hate anything takes a lot of time and energy. There isn't anything I care about enough to truly hate. There are many things I love however.

Doesn't that sound pretty flakey. big_smile But, still true.

10. engelfantasydream profile image59
    engelfantasydreamposted 6 years ago

mmm..how about ..you can't pee anywhere when you are badly needed to peeeeeee hahaha lol

11. capricornrising profile image61
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

Hate's a strong word, but probably the one thing I wish were not true as often as it's true: women tend to compete with each other over really dumb things, such as the attention of men. We could take over the world if we weren't so focused on having what each other has. :-)

12. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Hatred is a strong word, and not one that I'll use here.  My biggest pet peeve is definitely females playing dumb when all their close friends know they're super intelligent.  Playing that barbie doll role pisses me off.

13. Blond Logic profile image99
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

I hate the fact that some women feel it is okay to flirt with all men. I feel this cheapens all women into a sexual unintelligent object.

14. THEHuG5 profile image61
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

I hate that most girls will lets guys treat them any kind of way. It doesn't matter how tough or "independent" the girl is. 9 times out of 10 she'll let a guy drag her through the dirt and she won't listen to any advice from her friends or family.

15. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Honestly I can't think of a single reason to "hate" being a man.
    However I do dislike some of the expectations that some women have of men. Even in this day and age there are women who expect men to be nothing more than human ATM machines or a knight in shining armor who rides in to sweep them off their feet to help them escape a humdrum life. There are others who believe it is their mission in life to "compete" with the men they date.
    Sometimes I just want to call a truce to the whole "battle of the sexes" and just accept that men and women are different. They always will be so stop expecting each to think like the other. It's having unrealistic expectations that leads to frustration, resentment, and disappointment on both sides. One man's opinion! :-)

working