jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Does the color you love, tells the type of person you are?

1. blessedp profile image80
    blessedpposted 5 years ago

Does the color you love, tells the type of person you are?

For instance bright colors depicts a cheerful person.

2. SidKemp profile image93
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I think purple people are special. Everyone I know who loves purple has a certain high energy I enjoy.

3. jhendor profile image81
    jhendorposted 5 years ago

well i don't believe so because two different might like same color but have very contradictory characters.

4. YvetteParker profile image73
    YvetteParkerposted 5 years ago

Blue is not necessarily my favorite color, but the calmness that the color blue represents my personality.

5. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Not in my case. My favorite color is pink, but I might be the biggest tomboy on the planet. I usually am cheerful and generally awesome, though, so maybe it does after all.

6. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Colors usually describe the mood of a person. It is ever changing in times. If a person loves certain color, it is sorts of describing the person type of character.

7. Jaggedfrost profile image78
    Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago

The color's in one's wardrobe might if you had the proper key and frame of reference to understand what you saw.

8. Lisa HW profile image75
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

From what I've read/heard it can (does), but I don't think it's as simple as the example you gave.  I'm, by nature, a pretty cheerful person; but I've always liked light neutrals, pale mauves, a certain shade of pinks, non-primary shades of "subtle" greens, and smoky/dusky lilac.  I like "non-smothering" colors and "fresh-airy" colors because primary colors seem overbearing and "smothery" too me (or else just plain, old, too "loud").  Personality-wise, I'm cheerful but I'm about as far from "the life of the party" as anyone could ever be. 

What I notice about the non-neutral colors I like is that they're the more unusual colors of Nature (the sky at dusk, some flowers).  I really don't like "afternoon-sky blue".  Part of where my happier Nature thrives on are those colors of the more rare things that are in Nature.  They make me feel really light, breezy, and airy.  I don't like the heavier colors in Nature (pine-green and "tree-brown".  I tend to gravitate toward dusk and dawn sky colors, flower colors, Spring foliage (pink where I live), and ocean shades.   Those things tend to change (within a certain range but consistent) and light (rather than un-changing and "heavy").  In a way, with the exception of some flowers and grass/leaves, primary colors tend to be human reproductions of the color/light spectrum; and - I don't know - that kind of goes against my grain, as far as preference goes.  Another possible factor, though:  I'm an auditory processor, so things that are too visually bold make frazzled.  It makes me feel as if it's "visual assault".  (In recent times my cheerfulness has certainly been challenged, but my color preferences have been the same pretty much all my life so events/circumstances haven't impacted my preferences.)

9. jeanniedoe profile image56
    jeanniedoeposted 5 years ago

Color only signifies the mood of the person but not necessarily to the character. I love red but I don't like fighting or war.

10. Yaduvanshi profile image50
    Yaduvanshiposted 5 years ago

may be it is but how do w be sure of it but it certainly may tell us