What's the worst thing a guy could do on a date to make you take a cab home?
1. Talking demeaning to me or vulgar about wanting sex or my body...flattery and compliments are one thing but grabbing my ass as I bend over to pick up my purse is another.
2. Has no manners and is obnoxious in public
3. Racist and using inappropriate terminology like the N word
4. Says anything about mixed races being together as I have three bi-racial children
5. A bully
6. Treats waitress's or clerks or whoever like he is better than they are
7. Flaunts money
8. Talks non-stop about all his failed relationships or has abusive attributes
Thank you...I don't walk away from people with different religion, diff culture, race, ethinic background, political views etc...I want a man that treats me right, with respect, is honest, is intelligent, is grounded, has a career and maybe college
I really like your list. Hopefully, no one guy will do all of these things, but any of them would have me running out the door. Thanks, Lisa
Oh Lisa, I have the luck to have not only run into someone like this but many and I dated them and they were lying about who they were and ended up having all these traits and more...lol thats why I have been single for two years now
Asking for sex, not wanting to spend any money, or speaking to me in an overly aggressive manner that made me feel like he could possibly become violent with me.
I think its great that you are aware of abusive behavior warning signs.
Yeah I have not dated some men because of their upfront actions.I believe people show you who they are long before the concealment disappears. Yeah, but this would be number 2 Racist and using inappropriate terminology like the N word.
I went out with a guy for a couple months once, but when we were in Georgia (and mind you I may be white but my kids are bi-racial and my closest friend was black) He was saying it a lot. I grew up in Los Angeles cali and its NOT OKAY w/me so bye by
As a guy I will answer this question about women.
1. She has a bunch of kids that she never mentions until the date.
2. Has a victim mentality.
3. Assumes that nothing is required of her just because she is a woman and acts like a guy wanting to have sex with her is vulgar.
4. Does not realize that unless she is intelligent or funny that the only thing keeping him in his seat is whatever else she can offer.
5. Delusional does not face reality and adjust to it. Expects things to be just as easy for her when she is 18 and dating than when she is 38 and dating with three kids.
6. Watches Chelsey Handler,Joy Behar etc.
7. Expects to be accepted for who they are even if obvious massive problems exist in their personality.
Can I be honest, you do not sound like a picnic to date either. I would hope that any future women you date you can figure out if the two of you have enough in common politically before going to out to dinner. I do not think anyone loves abortion.
And sorry, I did not know what you mean by women having a "victim mentality". Why does this sound like sour grapes? Just saying..
I have to point out its actually flattering when you know a man is attracted to you and wants to have sex with you, but there are ways to go about it and there is a flattering way and a vulgar way...
victim mentality in man yeah hate it.
victim mentality for anyone I hate it...I could have chosen to live my life a victim god knows I would have earned the right but WHY? Pity Parties? Attention? lol I take Survivors in my life
Re no. 4. Most women would rather not be a piece of meat. If you only want sex, find a woman who only wants YOU for sex. Maybe this one wants a relationship, and the last thing she needs is a guy who thinks sex is all she's good for.
Ummm hard to choose the one thing. I met a guy once upon a time who, blew his nose into his fingers/hand and then slung it back behind himself-needless to say, didnt' give him a chance to do that again. However, that is so not something we would run into often.
When I was single, if the guy I was with started checking out the other ladies, or drink excessivly, I would take a cab home.
LMAO THAT SNOT situation I would have done it back to him and left!!!!
Oh my - this made me a little sick. Did you stay for the rest of the date or just exit gracefully?
I think if it were me I would have made a scene about what his mother taught him as a child before I ran out the door and far away.
People like that exist. wow That 1st guy was gross the 2nd is common to come by.
Maybe the problem is our culture puts to much emphasis on dating and being in a relationship.
I think in some ways you are right, but what about the fact they don't put any emphasis on actual dating, and jump into relationships instead of building a foundation of friendship, trust, honesty, loyalty first?
I think this observation just appeals to what I have seen. There are some people out there that do not get why some of us think dating is sort of boring and an exercise in futility. I would rather have a friend and then something more with someone.
Treating you so casually and asking silly questions which a girl would never like to reply.
Touching body without a girl's consent or invitation.
Provocation as a result of ugly talks.
Making you feel that girls are easily dated.
Have no sense to behave with a girl on her first date.
Arrogant and has a suspicious mind.
Throwing up on his date, checking out other women too overtly, asking "are we gonna bone?" talking about other chicks he bagged, demonstrating his ability to eat 20 burritos, lighting his farts afire.....all the stuff I usually do.
I never actually took a cab home from a date, but there are some things that made me not want a second date, such as: (from different dates - not all the same guy:)
1. Five minutes into the date, talking about how we would have to find out if we were "sexually compatible."
2. Slagging off his ex-girlfriend. If he'll do it to her, he'll do it to you.
3. Telling me on the first date that he liked hairy women and could not tolerate any female who removed her underarm hair. (That one I actually thought was quite amusing)
4. Inviting me out for a meal at a time when he knew I was unemployed and had no cash, and while I ordered only one course, the cheapest thing on the menu, and drank tap water, he ordered for himself 3 courses, the most expensive on the menu, plus several alcoholic drinks, then demanded I pay 50% of the bill.
5. Inviting me in for coffee to find that he had hundreds of music CDs on shelves in strict alphabetical order. He told me to pick a CD to listen to, and every time I took one out to look at it and put it back, he would dive over to check that I had put it back in the correct alphabetical position. This became infuriating. I reminded him I did know the alphabet, but he still kept doing it.
6. Flying into an anti-semitic rant, suggesting that if Jewish people wanted to live in Britain they should have plastic surgery to change their noses. He also had a go at black people, but it was Jews he really had it in for. I told him he should maybe advertize in a neo-Nazi magazine to meet women.
7. Drinking too much. Guys are usually on their best behavior on a first date. Even taking into account nerves, if he guzzles beer like a man who's spent a week lost in the Sahara, he either can't stand you or he is a big boozer.
8. Saying, "I don't like intelligent women." That means either a) he thinks you're dumb or b) he doesn't like you.
9. Going on and on about his heartbreak when his ex, the love of his life, betrayed him. Dripping in self-pity and grief at the loss of this paragon, he just wants an audience. He's not really interested in you, and you'd never match up to his lost love.
10. Assuming you will find him physically irresistible, because he finds himself physically irresistible.
11. Showing misogyny and hostility towards women. Of course, he doesn't mean you. But he does mean you.
12. Describing his dream woman as Katie Price (In the US, substitute Pamela Anderson).
If I was out on a date with any guy who did any of these things I would run home and forget waiting for the cab. I love your answer. The truth is some guys actually do these things and expect us to stick around. Lisa
I'm a guy and I shouldn't be commenting here but I just wanted to say #4 is a real charmer...
He sure was a charmer - during the meal he explained to me he had finished with his ex-girlfriend because she was a very selfish person
by tequilarosemama4 12 years ago
i wanna know what's the weirdest thing you have ever done on a first date. come on lets not be shy.the weirdest thing i have ever done was to lean in to kiss the guy i was on a first date with and ended up lighting my hair on fire from the candles on our table..
by Rachelle Williams 3 years ago
Would you date a homeless person if you found that you were sincerely attracted to him/her?Not all homeless people look like what you might think...Imagine that you are in a social setting, and you meet a nice guy or girl that you find that you are physically attracted to him/her. You see...
by Lisa Brown 9 years ago
What's the worst thing about adopting a dog?
by Abby Rourk 11 years ago
What is the right thing to do when a single mom of four; 2 on autism spec. date or not to date?When you are divorced a couple times, biological father isn't visiting, stepfather might stay around, both are military fathers...what is the right thing to do regarding dating? If you are on your...
by Audrey Selig 3 years ago
Should young teens date older guys?? For example 14 age girl 18 or over age guy?
by Karli Christine Duran 12 years ago
Name one thing you learned from dating your last partner.For example I started dating a good friend, started doing drugs together, and now we are no longer together after a rocky year long relationship. I don't regret becoming lovers, but lesson learned: Don't do drugs with good friend...
Copyright © 2022 Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. HubPages® is a registered trademark of Maven Coalition, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|