jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why do so many people unwisely refuse to acknowledge that money, success, and ed

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Why do so many people unwisely refuse to acknowledge that money, success, and educational level

are THE MOST IMPORTANT components in a relationship whether it is dating, committal, or marriage?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12142074_f260.jpg

2. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

If this were the case why are so many celebrities divorcing or breaking up cheating ext.A very common occurrence.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 2 years ago

If love and respect are not the most important aspects of a relationship, then there is no relationship. My wife and I have been married 35 years. She worked as a teacher in the Catholic school system--low pay. I was a reporter for 12 years--low pay and moved into public relations—better pay. We both have BA degrees. We adopted our son, who came with a host of issues caused by his birth mother not realizing she was pregnant and doing everything wrong that a woman can do in the first trimester. I had a near-death experience, experience,near-death experience,near-death experience,and have faced a dozen surgeries in the past 15 years, some  out-patient with little risk, some in the hospital with a higher risk.

It was my wife's love and devotion to our marriage that kept us together, even after I lost my last job of 23 years at age 59 and could not find work or buy insurance because of my age and prior health. The ACA solved the insurance issue. I was expecting to work untilI was 62, retire, and continue havingaccess tothe company's grouppolicy, as has been the practice. It did not work out that way. I wantedto take my wife to Paris and Rome. Unless I winthe lottery (I buy a lottery ticket about 3 times a year) that is not going to happen. Regardless, our marrage will continue and grow even stronger.

1. chuckandus6 profile image75
      chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

A great example of many ,that is it what makes Lasting Love, not money or fancy things.Cherish eachother

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12570148_f260.jpg

We've been taught if you have a loving partner you not only can be happy but you can build upon that to have a wonderful life.
    The old adage: "Money isn't everything" is designed to pacify us.
    There are also those that have a "sour grapes" mentality when it comes to money. If they don't have it they'll tell you it's because it's not important. If a person admits they want more out of life and yet they don't have it they feel like a failure.
    Therefore they act like they don't care/have much need for it.
    "All I require is enough money to put a roof over my head, food to eat and clothes to wear."
    It's easy to turn one's nose up at money until the bills roll in.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, live in LALALAland until homelessness SETS IN, now that is the time that money is important!

working