jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What if you found out your girl friend already have a Boy friend and is leaving

1. profile image62
    peter565posted 2 years ago

What if you found out your girl friend already have a Boy friend and is leaving him for you?

When I was in collage, I just started dating this girl, then I realized she got a 6 years BF, that love her and treat her well and she only dumped him for me. I don't like the idea of stealing people's girl friend, despite I never had a girl stolen from me before, I can understand how it felt, so I broke up with this girl.  If it is you, what would you do?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

You didn't "steal her" she chose you.
    It wasn't as if you knew she was in a relationship when you met her.
    Having said that it would be understandable for someone to breakup with someone who deceived them into thinking they were single when they were supposedly in an exclusive relationship or married to someone else.
    The general feeling is if they cheated on their ex with you they probably will at some point cheat on you with someone else.
    Nevertheless I have never known anyone to dump someone they were "in love" with and they were being treated well.
    In fact if one is "in love" the last thing on their mind is spending time with someone else.
    Six years is a long time to be in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship and depending on how old you were in college this girl may have been with this one boy since they were age 13 or 14.
    It's somewhat unrealistic to believe they were "soul-mates".
    It's also unrealistic for high school teenage sweethearts to go off to separate colleges expecting to maintain a long distance relationship for the next 4-6 years! (They're too immature to know this though.)
    It's not uncommon for students to get to college and make new friends on campus, socialize, pledge fraternities/sororities, participate in on campus activities, and eventually date people who they can be with regularly. Few students simply go to class and study in the dorm.
    She probably should have notified her boyfriend that she didn't believe they should attempt to maintain a long distance relationship and let him know she wanted to date and spend time with someone at her school.
    Generally speaking college campus sweethearts trumps the high school sweetheart experience where both people were living with their parents.
    Personally I would not held against a girl who ended her relationship with her high school long distance boyfriend to be with me  who she can see daily.  As I noted this happens all the time when students go away to college. Immaturity and unrealistic expectations meet reality.

1. profile image62
      peter565posted 2 years agoin reply to this

All 3 of us live in the same city smile

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Well it goes back to the 6 years thing.
      If they met when they were still kids at age 14 or 15 odds are they never seriously dated other people. Odds were against them being lifetime soul-mates.
      People evolve regarding what is their ideal mate.

3. profile image62

smile

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I'd be afraid of retaliation from the BF..................

1. profile image62

I'm not too worried about it, compare to me, he is small/weak, not cop, soldier, have 0 combat training. I have martial art black belt, bashed up gangsters who tried to bully my cousin in bar once. Although, I only fight, if forced to defend myself.

working