jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do or can relatives impact cultural, societal and familial values and/customs? H

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 16 months ago

Do or can relatives impact cultural, societal and familial values and/customs? How? Or why not?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13220796_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image57
    Ericdierkerposted 16 months ago

You my friend have gone around the bend. I recommend a chill pill. Do not overly worry, Winston Churchill had episodes along with Einstein, Lincoln and Edison.
    Perhaps you should get a spouse to check your postings.

3. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 16 months ago

I dont know what you exactly mean by the nature of your comment. Is the question I posed here seem too simple? or too obvious?

I put this question foward to see if I could get ideas to discuss in a writing piece focusing on the family unit, the emotional unit focusing on the kinship/relative side rather than say the traditonal family unit of parents, children and siblings.

Thankyou for illustrating to me it is necessary to give context of the said question. Thankyou eric.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 16 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13221271_f260.jpg

Yes, early during our formative years we're likely to adopt the ways of those around us without raising any questions.
    Generally speaking however there comes a point where most of us evolve or craft our own life philosophy based upon our actual experiences. Being able to make your own decisions is adulthood.
    Nevertheless there are some people who do believe they're not entitled to choose (their own) path. In fact some believe it's disrespectful not to fulfill their parents or family wishes.
    It's their way of "thanking them" for giving them life.
    The reality is it's a parent's job to provide for their children!
    Life is a (personal) journey.
    Each of us is responsible for our own happiness.
    Your life is to live as (you) please so there's no one to blame.

5. tamarawilhite profile image93
    tamarawilhiteposted 16 months ago

The family is the first and strongest source of "programming" for the children. This is the first immersion in culture, social roles and family norms children receive. Extended family, if present and involved, reinforce what the parents teach in most cases.

working