- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice
How to get (harmless) revenge on a cheater ex-boyfriend
Cheating happens. Unfortunately I am one of the many people in this world that was betrayed by someone I loved and thought loved me. In a nutshell, after dating my boyfriend for 3 years, I discovered (via MySpace) that he had recently met a girl and started having a relationship with her. Needless to say, I was devastated, angry, sad, embarrassed...you name it.
After meeting with "the other woman", we realized that neither of us did anything wrong and that he was the jerk in the situation. Instead of turning our energy against each other, we came up with several ideas on how to get some harmless revenge on a jerk who we knew needed to be taught a lesson. Enjoy!
Great Revenge Product Ideas!
Five Ideas for Harmless Revenge
- Sell all jewelry he gave you - What better way to get revenge than to get money for the jewelry he gave you. You most likely aren't going to wear it and it will just be sitting in a drawer somewhere. Letting go of the jewelry can be therapeutic and help you move on. Sell what you can and then donate the rest. Someone should enjoy it! Check out this site to get started. Sell Gold Online
- Post flyers in your local party area - Most likely the guy is going to feel the need to find someone new now that both women in his life are gone. Make sure the innocent girls out there know who he is! Use a recent picture, use his real name, perhaps a few choice adjectives and print on bright paper. Find the most populated bar or club in your area and post away!
- Go on the air - After everything went down, I sent an email to a local radio station telling them what happened. They were very interested in the story and wanted to make a morning skit out of it. I didn't go through with it because I was still very hurt, but for those who are in full anger mode, this could be great!
- Rent a Mobile Billboard - I'm sure you've seen them, the trucks that drive around the city with a billboard attached to the back. These are an effective way to make sure that nobody misses your message. It's a step up from posting flyers, but a little expensive. I got an estimate of $1200 for one weekend and I could use a picture and say whatever I wanted as long as there was no profanity or adult content.
- Warn new love interests - With online social networks, it is very easy to know who the ex might be involved with. Don't be afraid to send that person (whether you know them or not) a message letting them know what happpened. Chances are they have been lied to as well and should know what they are getting themselves into.