- Gender and Relationships
What Defines a Heart of Love?
A Heart Filled with Love
Relationships, in general, require hearts to be filled with love; it is the foundation from which everything else takes place.
When a person truly loves another, steps will be taken to maintain a relationship; otherwise, those relationships - which had held much potential - soon fall by the wayside.
This lens is aimed at showing just how successful a relationship can be when a heart of love is in place. However, one person cannot do it alone; both parties to any relationship require hearts filled with love. In fact, a relationship cannot survive without this emotion - known as love - embedded deeply inside.
Take a journey with me into the deeper recesses of the human soul.
Photo credit: Grand Profile
A Heart of Love - What does it mean?
Love is experienced in so many relationships, in varying degrees. The love a mother feels for her child is different than the love she feels for her child's father. The love a child feels for his mother is different than the love he feels for his father. Bring friendships and relatives into the situation and a real mixture occurs because the love a woman feels for her son or daughter is different, again, from what she feels for her grandchild.
Friends love each other and so do married couples. Parents love their children whether they are single or part of a union. In fact, every relationship ever formed has an element of love to it - the need to nurture and protect - the need to feel part of a greater whole.
Below you will discover my innermost thoughts and feelings where a heart of love is concerned. These factors can be part of any type of relationship but imagine if your heart and soul was able to live each day, in your marriage, while enjoying the benefits of real love? A divorce may never take place again.
- Love doesn't focus on the length of time which has been spent suffering. Instead, it is focused on the joy which comes from being healed in spirit and thought.
- Love is kind. It doesn't seek to belittle another or to hurl spiteful words and actions toward another.
- Love doesn't wish to have what someone else has. Love means being content with what one has and appreciating life as it is.
- Love doesn't boast or brag about itself. It knows the truth and sets about proving it. It doesn't waiver in the face of adversity.
- Love doesn't behave improperly, and never seeks to try to better itself. Love knows it is best. Its focus in on protecting the relationship.
- Love isn't provoked to anger easily. Love endures and always finds a way to forgive, even if it takes time to work some things out.
- Love doesn't think evil about others. Instead, it tries to find the best in each person.
- Love walks away from sin, rejoicing only in being true. Love knows, firsthand, how sin can destroy relationships and wants no part of such sinful behavior.
- Love bears anything, believes (because of hope) that things will improve, and endures everything because of that same hope for improvement.
- Love doesn't fail, while everything else around it will crumble, even faith and hope (when time has ended) for there will be no further need of this pair.
Love ~ embedded in the heart
Emotional Impact - by Norma Budden
This book demonstrates what love is. Through the twists and turns in the lives of the characters, you will want to keep turning pages to see how this story unfolds. Each time I pick it up, I still lose sleep because I want to keep turning the pages.
Unconditional Love - Does it exist?
As stated earlier, love comes in a variety of forms and varies in its degree of intensity, depending upon the type of relationships involved. However, in any of those earthly relationships I am wondering about your thoughts on this all-important question:
Can unconditional love be present in human relationships?
Yes, it can! I've experienced it!
What does it mean to have a heart of love? What are some of the benefits people receive when they are loved unconditionally? Did you enjoy this lens? I would enjoy it if you took a few moments to share your thoughts.