is Homosexuality Really a Sin
Is Being Gay a Sin?
This has been an ongoing debate throughout the ages. There are arguments for both sides. Below, I will list some arguments for both sides and then I will give a few of my own thoughts and opinions on treating homosexuals, the bible, and what I think about whether homosexuality is a sin or not.
Arguments Stating That Homosexuality IS a Sin
- Homosexuality is not natural; two beings of the same gender can’t reproduce together.
- Homosexuality is a sin according to Leviticus 18:22
- When Jesus condemned “sexual immorality” and “porneia,” he was convicting sex in general outside of marriage, including gay sex.
- Being gay is a choice!
Arguments Stating That Homosexuality is NOT a Sin
- Homosexuality is natural; there are gay animals. Reproduction may be a gift; however, it is not required. No one can control who they’re attracted to.
- Leviticus is of the old testament. Jesus is in the new testament and pointed out flaws in the old testament. Leviticus also says that it is a sin to wear clothing of two different kinds of material according to Leviticus 19:19. God/Jesus would not care about wearing two different kinds of material.
- Gay marriage is currently legal in places such as the United States; therefore, sex within gay marriage could be justified since it’s in marriage and also; what if the gay couple never had sex?
- Being gay is not a choice. Again, no one can control who they are attracted to.
My Thoughts on Treating Those of Different Sexual Orientations
- sin or not, it’s not our place to judge. “Matthew 7:1 – Don’t judge or you to will be judged.”
- We are all supposed to love one another “John 13:34-35 – A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- We are supposed to love one another even if we sin differently from someone else as we all have sinned in one way or another. “Romans 3:23 - for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
My Thoughts on The Bible
- The bible is up for interpretation.
- The bible has also been translated several times and translations were not one hundred percent accurate back then and are still not one hundred percent accurate right now.
- The bible itself was written by a human. God did not write the bible.
- The writer(s) can easily lie and claim that those are God’s words and put anything they wanted into the bible. We don’t know because we were not there.
My Thoughts on Homosexuality being a Sin
- I don’t personally think that homosexuality is a sin but I don’t know for sure.
- I use to have a male dog that was only interested in other male dogs. He was that way since he was born; therefore, causing me to think that you’re either born with homosexuality or you’re not as you cannot have control of what you’re attracted to which makes homosexuality “natural.”
- Why would God make anal sex feel so pleasurable to gay couples? Either way, I’m not going to hate on someone just because of their sexual orientation.