- Gender and Relationships
Love Letters In a Bottle
Fun and Simple Romantic Ideas For Love Letters
The idea of love letters in a bottle reminds me of the romantic idea of being on a remote island. Sometimes its not just the love note you write but how you present it that will always be remembered.
Putting a love letter in a bottle can be a different way to send a valentines letter or a change of pace for sending letters to a long distance love.
As someone who has been in a long distance relationship; texts, phone calls, and video chat can be great but receiving a real letter is very special because you know the other person is thinking about you.
Adding getting a letter and receiving it in a bottle is something that would be extra special. You can add onto the experience by putting a special touch into the packing or by writing a love letter from the heart.
How To Write A Love Letter To Put In A Bottle
There is no rules on what you need to put on your letter. You can go as extravagant or simple as you want. A love letter is nice to receive no matter how long or short.
The important thing is that it comes from your heart, open up and tell your love your feeling for them then send it to them in a bottle for a romantic notion.
Make Your Own Love Letter In A Bottle
What You Wil Need:
- Old looking piece of paper: You can buy one this way or you can take a white piece of paper and age it. The most common way to age a paper is to spray it with tea water and rip the edges. The more tea you use the darker it will get. I suggest to let the tea dry before making it too dark. If making your own paper, make sure it is dry before you start writing.
- Pen, a black pen that glides over paper well or a calligraphy pen works well.
- Bottle with Cork (wine bottle with removable cork works well.)
- Ribbon. A simple thin ribbon works best.
- Hand write your love letter onto an old looking piece of paper. Handwriting a message is a lot better then typing it. It is more personable even if you have bad handwriting. Just take the time to make sure handwriting is legible. I would avoid having someone else write it because you want to show them you not hide behind something.
- Once ink is fully dry on paper, roll up paper and tie it with your ribbon. You can do any ribbon but a thin simple ribbon usually works best. Tie it in a bow or just use a simple knot.
- Place love note into bottle then put any other things you may want to add. Some may add a little sand others may add confetti or dry rose petals.
- Replace cork back into bottle.
Ideas For Simple Love Letters for Long Distance Relationships - Love Letters In a Bottle
Below are a few simple ways to start a love letter that would be perfect to send in bottle for one that is in a long distance relationship.
- Dreaming of having you with me again, I sit here longing for you to be by my side, feeling like I am lost at sea without you.........
- We may live hours away but my heart will always find my way to you..................
- I feel as though I have drifted out to sea but your heart is pulling me in. As I am apart from you don't forget about me........................
- You are my Lover, My Life, My Love, I Love You.....................
Packing Ideas For Sending A Love Letter In A Bottle
If sending your gift long distance you will need to send it through the mail. Make sure you pack it well, it will not be so romantic if the bottle is broken. You can get a shipping box at the UPS or Fed-Ex Store, but you may want dress up what is in side a little or just leave it plain and simple for a more rustic appeal.
DO NOT FORGET TO MARK FRAGILE ON BOX.
- Use sand for a lost a sea appeal. Before you do this know that sand is heavy and this will probably increase shipping costs if paying per weight. You could also just put it in a box around
- Put your love letter bottle in a rustic box. Kind of like a treasure chest you would open up after finding it at sea.