- Gender and Relationships
Marriage and Love
Marriage must be a union between two people in love. Marriages not based on love are most likely doomed for failure and divorce. Currently first time marriages have a 50% divorce rate with second and third marriages having rates ranging from 67 - 74%.
Here is a list of reasons married couples choose to divorce:
- Poor communication
- Lack of Intimacy
- Lack of commitment
Marriage is a partnership between two people who love each other. The love allows them to find a level of intimacy which will be the foundation of their marriage. Today's marriages must be based on love to continue the tradition and culture of marriage.
Marriage like life is not perfect. Marriage takes time and work but like in life love is essential.
- Love allows you to find common ground with your spouse
- Love gives you respect for your spouse
- Love gives strength to your marriage
- Love is the single assets which bonds two people together for eternity
Love concurs all if strong. To find true love you must find what allows you to love. Love is not the same for all people. Love must be internal from the heart and mind not just from the eyes. The vision of beauty alone is not enough for two people to marry. Lust transfers from one person to another but love stays for life. Love cures hate and pain.
True love includes:
- The Lust from the eyes
- The constant beat of the heart
- The happiness of the mind
Love in marriage is also respect. When you have respect for your marriage you have respect for yourself and your spouse. Love and respect must be the foundation of your marriage and will be a major factor in determining the success of your marriage.
Lets take a look at the list of reasons marriages fail:
- Poor communication - Talk to your spouse! Remember your spouse must be your best friend. Discuss your issues with your spouse, work it out. The worst thing you can do is discuss your issues with everyone except your spouse.
- Lack of Intimacy - To be honest intimacy in marriage is not discussed enough. A strong marriage must be confirmed in the bedroom! Intimacy brings you closer to your spouse and can re-energize a dull marriage. Remember your spouse is your spouse its appropriate to be as nasty, freaky and experimental as possible. Sex also relaxes the mind and exercise the heart.
- Lack of commitment - If your not going to be committed to your marriage your not being committed to yourself. Remember marriage is the life you are living now. If your not happy address the issue(s) and make it work. If you begin to question your commitment take a time out to remember why you love your spouse and entered into the marriage.
- Infidelity - This is a tough issue only if you allow it! Remember we all have the choice to make our own decisions. You are in control of your individual actions. If you find yourself in a position where infidelity may be a reality for you refocus the energy to your spouse. Infidelity can be physical or emotional. The real impact of infidelity normally is not the act itself but the loss of trust, once trust is lost in any relationship its almost impossible to regain.
Love and respect must be the foundation of marriage. Real love is unconditional and allows marriage to survive the test of time. Stay committed to yourself and your spouse, communicate and make love as much as possible.