- Gender and Relationships
The Power of a Praying Wife
The Power of a Praying Wife a Prayer Devotional for Married Women
The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian is a powerful devotional book for wives. It is filled with prayers of protection you can pray daily over your marriage. The prayers are beautifully worded, Omartian truly has the gift of prayer, but more importantly they are written with scriptures throughout. The bible tells us that prayers are more powerful when we pray in the scriptures. That makes The Power of a Praying Wife a wonderful tool in protecting and nurturing your marriage.
Whether you are a Christian women who is wanting to protect and preserve your marriage or you're finding your marriage already full of problems, you will find prayers in this book to meet your needs and help your marriage.
*Image available at AllPosters.com.
The Power of a Praying Wife Review
My personal book review of A Praying Wife
I loved the book immediately. I first sat down to read it while my little ones were napping. I ended up finding myself deeply engrossed in the book for the entire two hours.
The prayers in The Power of a Praying Wife were exactly what I needed. The prayers are very specific to the main problems in most marriages and the common conflicts that occur between husband and wife. The prayers don't just protect and preserve your marriage, they also focus on your husband and help his walk with God.
God intended man and woman to come together in marriage, forsaking all others to fulfill their duties as husbands and wives. God intended women to be the heart of the home while men are to be the head of the home. The prayers in this book help your husband to rise up and be the head of the household as a godly man, which will benefit you both and help your marriage to flourish.
The Prayers Found in A Praying Wife - There are 30 prayers in The Power of a Praying Wife
Here is a list of the amazing prayers found in this book, along with a brief excerpt from each prayer (the full length prayers are about a page and a half each).
- His Wife - "Make me a tool of reconciliation, peace, and healing in this marriage. Enable us to communicate well and rescue us from the threshold of separation where the realities of divorce begin."
- His Work - "Bless the work of my husband's hands. May his labor bring not only favor, success, and prosperity, but a great fulfillment as well."
- His Finances - "I pray that we will learn to live free of burdensome debt. Where we have not been wise, bring restoration and give us guidance."
- His Sexuality - "Protect us from apathy, disappointment, criticism, busyness, unforgiveness, deadness, or disinterest."
- His Affection - "Remind us throughout each day to affectionately touch one another in some way. Help us to not be cold, undemonstrative, uninterested, or remote."
- His Temptations - "I pray that You would strengthen my husband to resist any temptation that comes his way. Stamp it out of his mind before it ever reaches his heart or personal experience."
- His Mind - "Where the enemy's lies have already invaded his thoughts, I push them back by inviting the power of the Holy Spirit to cleanse his mind. Lord, You have given me authority 'over all the power of the enemy' (Luke 10:19). By the authority given to me in Jesus Christ, I command all lying spirits away from my husband's mind."
- His Fears - "I pray in the name of Jesus that fear will not rule over my husband."
- His Purpose - "Lift his eyes above the circumstances of the moment so he can see the purpose for which You created him. Give him the patience to wait for Your perfect timing."
- His Choices - "Help him to make godly choices and keep him from doing anything foolish. Take foolishness out of his heart and enable him to quickly recognize error and avoid it."
- His Health - "Strengthen his body to successfully endure his workload, and when he sleeps may he wake up completely rested, rejuvenated and refreshed."
- His Protection - "Keep him safe, especially in cars and planes. Hide him from violence and the plans of evil people."
- His Trials - "I come before Your throne and ask for grace for my husband. Strengthen his heart for this battle and give him patience to wait on You (Psalm 27:1-4)."
- His Integrity - "Enable him to stand for what he knows is right and not waver under pressure from the world."
- His Reputation - "May the fruits of honesty, trustworthiness, and humility sweeten all his dealings so that his reputation will never be spoiled."
- His Priorities - "I pray for my husband's priorities to be in perfect order as well. Be Lord and Ruler over his heart."
- His Relationships - "I pray for my husband to have good, godly male friends with whom he can openly share his heart."
- His Fatherhood - "Show him when to discipline and how."
- His Past - "When he hears those old voices, enable him to rise up and shut them down with the truth of Your Word."
- His Attitude - "Give him a spirit of joy and keep him from growing into a grumpy old man."
- His Marriage - "I pray You would protect our marriage from anything that would harm or destroy it. Shield it from our own selfishness and neglect, from the evil plans and desires of others, and from unhealthy or dangerous situations."
- His Emotions - "Help me to not be pulled down with him when he struggles. Enable me instead to understand and have words to say that will bring life."
- His Walk - "Lead him in Your light, teach him Your way, so he will walk in Your truth."
- His Talk - "I pray the Holy Spirit would guard my husband's mouth so that he will speak only words that edify and bring life."
- His Repentance - "Cleanse him from any secret sins and teach him to be a person who is quick to confess when he is wrong."
- His Deliverance - "Bring him to a place of understanding where he can recognize the work of evil and cry out to You for help."
- His Obedience - "I pray that You would give my husband a desire to live in obedience to Your laws and Your ways."
- His Self-Image - "Help him to understand his worth through Your eyes and by Your standards."
- His Faith - "Enlarge his ability to believe in You, Your Word, Your promises, Your Ways, and Your power."
- His Future - "May he live with leading from the Holy Spirit and not walk in doubt and fear of what may happen."
Eloquent prayers that are masterfully written with scriptures throughout.
The Power Of A Praying Wife
Every women who wishes to protect, preserve, and nurture her marriage will appreciate the prayers, advice, and stories found in this book.
Bestselling author Stormie Omartian inspires women to develop a deeper relationship with their husbands by praying for them. This encouraging resource is packed with practical advice on praying for specific areas of a husband's life including his:
*role as father, leader
*faith and future
Praying Wife Makes a Great Gift - Give The Power of a Praying Wife as a gift.
I received The Power of a Praying Wife from a girlfriend of mine when my marriage was going through some challenges. I really appreciated her concern and support. I now give The Power of a Praying Wife as a gift to friends and family.
This book makes a great gift for:
- Friends or family as a wedding gift.
- Friends or family that are dealing with marital problems.
- Women in your bible study group.
- Any wife whose husband is going through a difficult time.
The Power of Prayer - Do you believe?
Do you believe in prayer? Have you had your own prayers answered? If so, then please share you experience with prayer here.
Do you believe in the power of prayer?
Stormie Omartian - More of Her Best Selling Books - More Books by Stormie Omartian.
Stormie Omartian has written many inspirational Christian books. Her best sellers are those in the Power of Prayer series. Below are her most popular books. Vote for your favorite.
I Also Recommend These Books - You might also enjoy these related books...
I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. I also believe that marriage takes a lot of work. I enjoy reading marital advice books. They help me better understand my husband and also help me to see myself and my actions more from his point of view. I've learned a lot by reading books on improving marriage and have also reaped the rewards of diligent prayer.
If you like The Power of a Praying Wife then you may also like my other recommendations:
Are you a praying wife? Do you want to become a praying wife?