Rose Themed Wedding
Best Rose Themed Ideas and Tips
Depending on the kind of roses that you use, you can have eaither a formal or a casual wedding.The rainbow shades of roses would be more caual, while the deep reds and whites would be more formal.Roses make a statement that your wedding guests will long remember.
Meaning Of Rose Colors
The meaning of rose colors is steeped in tradition. The colors that you chose for your wedding in roses can have a message. so you will want to think about the colors you want to select. In differernt cultures the meaning of the colors can vary. We have selected the most common meaning and symbolism for the colors of roses. Yellow, peach, or pink roses lend a friendly, lighthearted feel. Miniature roses can be playful or stately, depending on how they're displayed
- The Red RoseLove, beauty, respect,"I love You", passion
- The Dark Red RoseUnconscious beauty
- The White RoseWhite roses have been symbols of reverence and humility ever since Medieval Christian Europe. In those times, Mary was often represented by a white rose to represent her purity. In Wales, white roses are seen to mean innocence and silence, Meanwhile, some native American cultures see the white rose as representing security and happiness, so this is why they are traditionally worn at weddings.
- The Pink Rose The most prominent interpretation of pink roses in general is grace and gentility.
- The Yellow RoseIn modern culture, yellow roses apparently represent joy, gladness, freedom and contentment
- The Orange Rose represents a blend of pure enthusiasm and passionate desire. Excellent!
- Pale Pink and Yellow RosesPale pink and yellow roses traditionally signify sociability and friendship.
- Red and Yellow Roses TogetherRed roses arranged with yellow is said to represent future joviality and happiness in all areas of your life.
Rose Lantern-Add Romance To Your Wedding
Rose Petals Can Be Added To Any Wedding Theme
Rose Themed Wedding Ideas
Roses are so adaptable to any wedding décor. They can be added as the central theme or as an additional touch to any other theme. Here are a few thoughts how to get more roses into your wedding décor
- Add large buches of silk roses to an archway with ivory. This can be done with almost any color.
- Rose petals for your flower girl to spread in front of the bride.For an indoor wedding, spread freeze-dried petals around the room instead of fresh.
- A single rose given to each mother as the first act of a married couple
- Roses in a vase to remember those who are no longer with us but we want to remember. Add a votive candle or two
- A small silk rose and some tulle tied around the wedding favor of your choice
- Fill handmade organza bags or simple tins with dried scented rose petals and give these as wedding favors
- Add roses as hair decoration, Use white in the brides hair and pastel hues in the bridesmaids
- A perfect outdoor setting would be a rose garden, or any other garden or yard with a rose arbor
- Rose-shaped scented soaps or candles make cute, useful favors
- Tuck a few silk rose petals in with your invitations
- Tuck some rose petals into tulle swags for both your ceremony and reception
Rose Wedding Ceremony
A Special Additional Ceremony
This is a ceremony that you can add to your wedding ceremony. The worlds are spoken by your wedding officient All you need is two roses
"Your gift to each other for your wedding today has been your wedding rings - which shall always be an outward demonstration of your vows of love and respect; and a public showing of your commitment to each other.
You now have what remains the most honorable title which may exist between a man and a woman - the title of "husband" and "wife." For your first gift as husband and wife, that gift will be a single rose.
In the past, the rose was considered a symbol of love and a single rose always meant only one thing - it meant the words "I love you." So it is appropriate that for your first gift - as husband and wife - that gift would be a single rose.
Please exchange your first gift as husband and wife.
(Sometimes a couple will play a special song at this point).
In some ways it seems like you have not done anything at all. Just a moment ago you were holding one small rose - and now you are holding one small rose. In some ways, a marriage ceremony is like this. In some ways, tomorrow is going to seem no different than yesterday. But in fact today, just now, you both have given and received one of the most valuable and precious gifts of life - one I hope you always remember - the gift
of true and abiding love within the devotion of marriage.
_________ and _____________, I would ask that where ever you make your home in the future - whether it be a large and elegant home - or a small and graceful one - that you both pick one very special location for roses; so that on each anniversary of this truly wonderful occasion you both may take a rose to that spot both as a recommitment to your marriage - and a recommitment that THIS will be a marriage based upon love.
In every marriage there are times where it is difficult to find the right words.
It is easiest to hurt who we most love. It is easiest to be most hurt by who we most love.
It might be difficult some time to words to say "I am sorry" or "I forgive you"; "I need you" or "I am hurting". If this should happen, if you simply can not find these words, leave a rose at that spot which both of you have selected - for that rose than says what matters most of all and should overpower all other things and all other words.
That rose says the words: "I still love you."
The other should accept this rose for the words which can not be found, and remember the love and hope that you both share today.
__________ and ________, if there is anything you remember of this marriage ceremony, it is that it was love that brought you here today, it is only love which can make it a glorious union, and it is by love which your marriage shall endure."
Roses At Your Reception
- Start with stark white linen on your table. Sprinkle generously with deep colored rose petals. Scatter them over your reception tables, your gift tables, your cake tables and anywhere you want to add drama and romance
- Place a bunch of roses with a white or colored ribbon near a picture of the bride and groom in an entry way
- As a table centerpieces float rose shaped candles and rose petals in shallow bowls.
- If you are lucky enough to have a water fountain at your wedding scatter some rose petal in for a magnificent look.
- Table décor might include glass bowls or wine glasses filled with rose-scented potpourri, rose-scented pillar candles ringed with rosebuds, or rose-shaped floating candles in glass bowls with layers of gold-glass "stones" covering the bottoms.
- Indoors, a free-standing rose arbor, complete with faux climbing roses, set up over your cake table would make a fantastic background for photographs. Your cake could be rose-pink with white icing, and surrounded by rosebuds. If you can find it, or know someone who could make it, you could set a miniature rose arbor to shelter the couple topping your cake.
Easy To Make DIY Rose Votive Candles
DIY Rose Themed Flower Ideas
The second thought is to use good quality silk flowers. They are less expensive and will not wilt. This is a great idea if you are having an outdoor wedding.
Either way, you can do these projects yourself and have the satisfaction of your efforts to celebrate your special day.
Red Rose Topiary
DIY Rose Wedding Centerpiece
This centerpiece could be used for any part of your ceremony or reception. You can use classic white or any variation of rose. You will need a styrofoam ball, some stryrofoam for the base, a flower pot,some glue or a cold glue gun, silk roses to cover the ball, a thin piece of dowel, moss to cover the base of the pot, some silk ivy, some ribbon.
1.Paint the flower pot in the color you want to use. Either silver or gold would be elegant.Allow it to dry.
2.Paint the dowel green and allow it to dry.
3.Cover the styrofoam ball with the roses. You will snip some of the stem before inserting. Add some glue to the tips to keep them in place.
4.Insert the dowel into the rose ball
5.Place a styrofoam piece into the flower pot and cover with moss.
6.Insert the dowel with the rose ball into the pot
7.Add some ribbon as desired
It's easy to do it yourself
DIY Rose Pomander Ball - Easy To Make
These rose pomanders are a joy at any wedding. They could be created in any color. They are easy to make, even for beginners.
Rose Inspired Wedding Ideas - DIY Rose Themed Ideas
- DIY Flameless Rose Tea Lights - Page 2 of 2 - Smart School House
Easy to make DIY rose tea lights. These are perfect for your reception tables, around your wedding cake or on a dessert table. Anyone can make these
- Bowl Of Roses Centerpieces
A bowl of roses is the perfect way to brighten any bare corner. Bring a bit of color into your rooms with this lovely arrangement. Design by Kim Wakefield. Michaels
- White Rose Centerpiece
Easy and delightful, these centerpieces could be a sweet addition to your wedding
- Storybook Roses
These roses are a recycle project that is a very sweet idea. They can be placed in a vase, used as a centerpiece or in your décor
- Gamnut Rose Wedding Bouquet
Complete tutorial to make this delightful bouquet
DIY Rose Themed Wedding Crafts - Free Rose Themed Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Add a special touch to your Rose themed wedding with these free ideas. Think about adding a personal touch to your wedding by doing it yourself.
- Rose White Terra Cotta Pot Candle Holder
Easy to craft, these votive holders can serve as a wedding favor or as a decorative touch at your reception
Rose Wreath-Easy DIY
Free Rose Themed Clip Art
You can use these free rose clip arts to create and coordinate your wedding theme. Save the date, invitations, programs, menus and more can all be created and coordinated to give your wedding a finished look