- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Save The Date Ideas
Save The Date Ideas
The Save the Date ideas are only limited to your imagination. There are so many creative ideas ranging from the simple Save the Date postcard or Save the Date photo magnet to the more expensive Save the Date wine bottle. Save The Date balloons, pencils and message in a bottle are also creative ideas. Here's 12 Save the Date ideas as well as Save the Date products.
Save the Date ideas are endless and only limited to your imagination. Whatever Save the Date idea you decide on, just make sure that you have fun creating it and let your personalities shine through!
Here are 12 Save the Date ideas.....
- Save the Date postcards have many options. You can use photo, non-photo, calender style or custom postcards.
- Photo, non-photo or calendar style Save the Date magnets. Most recipients of a Save the Date magnet will put it on their refrigerater, which means they will be reminded day after day of your wedding date. It's hard to forget the date when you see if everyday.
- Save the Date ornaments are nice because they also double as a keepsake that your guests can hang on their Christmas tree and enjoy year after year. This is a great idea for December and Christmas weddings.
- YouTube Video. A viral video is one of the least expense Save the Date ideas. Make a video, post it on YouTube and then send the link to all your family and friends (see sample Save the Date videos below).
- Save the Date balloons are a unique idea. They are easy and inexpensive to mail too. To create a Save the Date balloon, blow up the balloon (don't tie it), write your wedding details on it, let the air out and then put it in an envelop. Add a little note with the balloon that instructs the recipient to inflate the balloon. Once they blow up the balloon, your Save the Date details will be revealed. Use a wedding theme balloon or a balloon that has wedding bells on it. Note: if you don't want to write on the balloon yourself you can order some preprinted balloons online.
- Save The Date pencils are original. Have your names and wedding date printed on pencils. When you mail them add a little note that says something like, "Pencil in the date". You could also add a small notepad with it. Even better, have your names and wedding date printed on the notepad too.
- Save the Date DVD. Transfer photos of the bride and groom on a DVD and write the Save the Date details on the top of it or make a custom DVD cover with the details on it. This makes a great keepsake for family and friends too.
- A Save the Date Message in the bottle is a little more expense but well worth it, especially for a destination or beach wedding. For a beach wedding add sand and mini seashells to the bottle. For other weddings you can add lavender flowers or potpourri. Use your imagination to create a custom bottle, and message, that lets your personalities shine.
- Save the Date custom candies, candy mint tins or chocolate candy bars with custom wrappers are a sweet Save the Date idea. Not only will the recipient receive the Save the Date details but they will also receive a sweet treat to eat too.
- Save the Date wine bottles. Create (or order pre-printed) wine bottle labels and stick them on a bottle of wine. It can be rather expensive to send a bottle of wine to each guest but it's sure to leave a lasting impression.
- Creative photos. Take a unique photo with the Save the Date details in the photo. For example, use Scrabble tiles to spell out the names and date and then take a photo of it. Another example is to take a photo of bride and groom to be holding signs with the Save the Date details written on the posters. For a beach wedding, write the Save the Date details in the sand, decorate it with seashells and then take a photo of it.
- Save the Date snowflakes for winter and Christmas weddings. Add your Save the Date details to snowflake cutouts. You can decorate them with things like rhinestones and glitter. Punch a hole in the top and add a ribbon to turn it into a snowflake ornament.
Save Date Postcards
Save the Date postcards are one of the most popular ideas because they are convenient to mail and the postage is cheaper than a tradition card or a Save the Date magnet, and you can save paper because they don't require envelopes.
You can add text and/or photos to the front and back of these Save the Date Postcards. Customization is free! No minimum order or set up feel. The size of the postcards are 4.25" x 5.6" (portrait) or 5.6" x 4.25" (landscape).
Click on any Save the Date postcard to start customizing with your wedding details.
Design your own Save the Date postcard.
Save The Date Ornamets
These Save the Date ornaments make a wonderful keepsake for the wedding guests who receive them. Your guest can hang them from their Christmas tree and enjoy them year after year. If you have a small wedding budget, you may want to consider sending these ornaments to just the parents and grandparents of the bride and groom or the immediate family.
These ceramic Save the Date Ornaments measure 3 inches in height and 2.8 inches in width. A strand of gold thread makes it easy to display this fantastic keepsake.
Save 10% on 3-9 ornaments, 15% on 10-14 ornaments and 20% on 15+ Save the Date ornaments. Free customization. Orders are processed in 24 hours!
Click on any Save the Date Ornament to start customizing with your wedding details.
Start from scratch and create your own Save the Date ornament.
You can use text and/or your own photos to create a one-of-a-kind
Save the Date or Bride and Groom's First Christmas keepsake.
Click on any ornament to start customizing.
Save the Date Message in a Bottle
Send your Save the Date message in a bottle! This message in a bottle kit includes a glass bottle with real shells and sand, scroll to write a message, and a cork top. It also includes a mailer. If you don't want to use the shells and sand, you can add something like lavender flowers or potpourri.
Photo Save The Date Magnet Ideas
Photo Save The Date Magnets
Save the Date magnets are one of the most popular ideas. Not only do they remind your guests of the wedding date but it also serves as a nice keepsake. You can customize these Save the Date magnets for free. There is no minimum order required. However, the more you buy the more you save. Save 17% on 10-49, 29% on 50-99, and 36% on 100+ Save the Date magnets. Orders processed in just 24 hours! Magnets are 2" x 2" and covered with scratch and UV resistant Mylar.
Click on any Save the Date magnet to start customizing.
Create your own Save the Date magnet.
Vinyl Photo Save The Date Magnets
Flat, vinyl laminated 4" x 6" photo Save the Date magnets. These Save the Date magnets are water and stain resistant and have a flexible vinyl laminate that contours to curved surfaces. These Save the Date photo magnets are larger, and thinner (flatter), than the Save the Date magnets pictured above. They are mailable in any 4' x 6" or larger envelope.
Click on any Save the Date magnet to start customizing with your wedding details.
Calendar Save the Date Magnet
DIY Save the Date Magnets
If you're feeling creative and have the extra time, try making your own Save the Date magnets. Here are a few tutorial videos to get you started.
Save The Date Magnets Kit - pack of 100
This Save the Date magnet kit includes 100 "Save the Date" magnets, 100 envelopes, test printing sheets, instructions and template information size. The Save the Date magnets measure 5 1/2 inches wide by 4 1/4 inches tall.
Save the Date Candy Wrappers
Save the Date custom candies, candy mint tins or chocolate candy bars with custom wrappers are a sweet Save the Date idea. Not only will the recipient receive the Save the Date details but they will also receive a sweet treat to eat too.
101 Fun and Creative Save The Date Ideas For Weddings
This Save the Date guide features 101 fun and creative Save The Date Ideas that will hopefully lead you in the right direction while planning your wedding.
Save The Date Wine / Champagne Bottles
Save the Date wine / champagne bottles. Create (or order pre-printed) Save the Date labels and stick them on a bottle of wine or champagne. It can be rather expensive to mail a bottle of wine / champagne to each guest but it's sure to leave a lasting impression. To save mailing costs you can check with a messenger service to see if they can deliver them for less. Especially if your guests are local. You can also have, or hire, a friend to hand deliver each bottle. I have a couple friends that would jump at the chance of making $100 dollars to deliver 50 wine bottles locally. Maybe you have a friend, or family member, that would do that for you too. If you do have them personally delivered, make sure the person delivering them is over the legal drinking age limit. To cut more costs, use these labels on mini wine / champagne bottles rather than full size bottles.
These Save the Date wine labels are customizable. Customization is free! All you have to do is change the info on the label when you order them and then stick them on the wine / champage bottle when you receive them.
4 labels per sheet
Click on any Save the Date label to purchase/customize.
Save The Date Idea - Make A Save The Date Video
This is a unique "Save the Date" idea. Save the Date YouTube videos are becoming increasingly popular. Making a video will save you money on cards or magnets, and postage. Check out the Save the Date videos these couples made.