How To Raise Children
Thinking About Starting a Family?
What were we thinking, some might ask my husband and I. Did we know fully what we were getting ourselves into? Growing up the oldest of seven, I thought I fully knew what it would be like raising a family. Now I see what stress and concerns my parents must have faced. I have no regrets I just think parents should adequately prepare themselves as best as possible for the ends and outs of parenting children.
I have a four year old, an almost two year old and a newborn child. I adore them all and love watching them grow and develop. There are days when it seems like I have a perfect routine for them, and then there are days I have to ask myself what could I do better.
Before They are Born
1) Make sure you and your spouse are in agreements about having children
2) Know that the both of you will be committed and will equally share parenting responsibilities
3) Set up a supplemental form of income to manage unforseen expenses having kids creates
4) Have a mentor you can trust to give you good advice
5) Setup a safe childcare plan (even if you are a stay at home mom, you will need a sitter every now and then)
After Having a Baby
1) Stay strong and keep a positive attitude
2) Mode your child's character by establishing a nurturing environment where they can learn excellent behavior
3) Promote Early Literacy, read daily
4) Take advantage of every teachable moment
5) Make time for yourself