- Gender and Relationships»
Free Ways to Say, "I Love You"
Little Things That Make a Big Impact
One thing that my husband does that I absolutely adore, is that he’ll leave me an occasional “I love you” note under one of my wind shield wipers. It’s such a pleasant surprise that sometimes I like to return the favor. It’s a cute memento that reminds a person how much you care about them and it does not even cost a dime. Notes under wind shield wipers aren’t the only way to leave your significant other a sweet surprise….
Here are a few other ideas…
- If he packs a lunch for work, bake him something sweet and hide it in his lunch box. When his lunch break comes around, both him and his sweet tooth will thank you. As they say, a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
- Find or print a cute wallet sized picture of the two of you and put it in his wallet when he’s not looking. Next time he opens that wallet, he won’t be able to close it. Oh, and make sure it’s a picture where both of you look great, men are sensitive about their image as well, you know.
- Buy some heart shaped Post It notes, and write something loving on about 20 of them. Think about some of the places your man always goes to, whether it’s the box of Cheez-Its or the remote control. Then just have fun and start stickin’!
- Got a Grocery list? Next time you’re writing up this weekly list, add something a little out of the ordinary. Whether you want to add something cute or sexy, he’s sure to take a second look! It’s just one way to make Grocery shopping a little more enjoyable.
- Snatch his cell phone when he’s not looking. In the category called tools, you should find a schedule organizer. Type in a cute little message and set it for a time he’ll have his phone on him. He’ll be pleasantly surprised by all your clever tactics.
I think this is a very nice and positive thing to do to keep things moving in a marriage. Many men and women feel left behind or left out of the life of their spouse. I think that must be one of the loneliest feelings, and something as simple as a note can really fix that problem. Nothing is better than putting in 4 hours of an 8 hour day and finding a little note from your wife in your lunch that makes you feel like she is thinking about you right at that moment. It’s very important to keep a relationship moving forward; it doesn’t just stop at marriage.