- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Top Wedding Gift Ideas
Only the Best
This list of the top wedding gift ideas will help you to find the gift that's just right for the soon-to-be-married couple you have in mind.
It's true that many couples have registries nowadays at places ranging from Macy's to The Home Depot to Thingsyouneverknewexisted.com. And buying something from a registry can make life easier. However, if your recipients don't have a registry, or if there just isn't anything on their list that really calls to you, these ideas should give you some inspiration.
A Gift That's Flexible, Portable, Fun, and Useful - Cash Is King
What can I say? People love to get money as a gift, because it gives them the luxury of deciding exactly how to spend it. Money can offset the cost of an expensive wedding, or go towards special splurges during the honeymoon. In many cultures, it's a well-respected wedding tradition to give money gifts (source).
Packaging money in a secret book safe is a great way to trick your recipients. They'll think they're just getting a book, and be confused by the seemingly unrelated nature of the title. After which they'll be thrilled to see the surprise hidden inside!
More Fun Ways to Give Money As a Gift - Be Creative!
Stick the money in a book as a surprise addition to a useful guide.
Give the Gift of Fancy Food - A Great Gift Doesn't Have to Be Permanent
Consumable gifts like coffee or chocolates are great because they don't put a lot of obligation on the recipients; they have an expiration date, so they have to go eventually. Most people have guilty pleasures for extravagant consumable items, whether it's special candy or wine or cigars or something else. Going out shopping together at a local gourmet grocery store is a great way to find out their unique weakness.
More Great Consumable Gifts - Luxurious and Tasty
People who really love coffee can't get enough of good quality beans.
Good cheese is an indulgence that people don't often indulge in for themselves.
Chocolate covered cherries make a terrific treat.
Use Your Gift to Recreate a Story - More Meaning Than Your Average Gift
Maybe your recipients went to the zoo on one of their first dates, and had their first kiss in front of the elephant exhibit. Or maybe they took a road trip together in an old Volkswagen Beetle that refused to drive more than a hundred miles without breaking down. Picking an iconic moment from the couple's life together and representing in gift form is thoughtful and romantic.
More Personal Wedding Gift Ideas - From the Heart
Give a unique framed picture that captures the spirit of the new couple's love.
For the couple who are both allergic to live flowers, or who can't take care of houseplants.
This gift is great for Star Wars fans and Lego loves alike.
Everybody Loves Electronics - A Great Splurge Gift
I know from getting more than 600 votes while running a poll on my Raffle Ideas site that electronics is by far the favorite prize to win. So it makes sense that people like getting electronics as a gift as well. Electronic gifts are especially good for weddings because people are more likely to spend a little extra, because unlike with other holidays, they only have to buy one gift at a time. To make it extra special, consider getting matching his-and-hers items.
For music lovers who haven't had a chance to get the latest in music technology yet.
More Top Wedding Gift Ideas
Gift Ideas You'll Love - Great For the Giver and the Receiver
- Anything monogrammed. You can find ideas at the Pink Monogram, the Red Envelope, and using this search on Etsy.
- Personal services. This is a great gift to give if you're low on cash (and if you have a service that's in demand). If you're a professional, you can offer tax services, website design, or photography. Even pet sitting or taking the couple out to dinner can make good gifts. Just make sure that you're willing to follow through - sometimes this type of gift can blow up in your face if you're not careful.
- Hobby and pastime gifts. Just because it's a wedding gift doesn't mean it has to be a gravy boat or napkin rings. Similar to the "something personal" gift idea, but you don't have to know the couple quite as well. Whatever they enjoy doing together, whether it's going out for dinner and a movie (movie ticket and restaurant gift cards) or playing video games (controllers, new games, accessories), it can give you some ideas for gifts that they'll put to good use.
- Ask them what they want. Similar to the gift of cash, but with the benefit of having a fun time with the couple. Better than buying off of a registry, because the advice is more personalized. Of course, this gift idea involves actually having conversations with your recipients about their tastes and preferences, but you've got the best chance of getting something that really works.
What Is the Best Wedding Gift to Give? - Vote Here!
Anyone can participate :)
I think the best gift to give is...
Or just let us know what you think :)