- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Wedding Unity Sand Ceremony
The Beauty of the Wedding Unity Sand Ceremony
A Wedding Unity Ceremony is a lovely way to celebrate the joining of two families through marriage.
The unity sand ceremony, which is similar to the unity candle ceremony, takes place as part of the overall wedding ceremony. The Unity Sand Ceremony itself consists of the bride and groom each pouring a vial of colored sand into a decorative container. The blending of the colors of sand represent the blending of the two families.
In addition, I'll point you to informative tidbits and pointers to articles (read blue boxes) on the Unity Sand Ceremony for additional details. Just look for them!
Couple Side by Side Moving Toward a Wedding Ceremony by Maxfield Parrish
You may purchase this fine premium poster from allposters.com
A Simple and Personalized Clear Wedding Unity Sand Set - These vases are curvy
This one of a kind 4 piece clear glass sand ceremony vase set is both a wedding ceremony essential and an after the wedding conversation piece. A large featured vase and three smaller vases comprise this curvy set. It's a perfect way to involve children from a previous marriage, another family member or cherished religious leader in your ceremony.
* Large vase measures 10" tall with a 2 5/8" opening across the top and a 2 inch base, holding up to 18 ounces.
* Smaller vases measure 6 3/4" tall with a 1 3/4" opening across the top and a 1 3/8 inch base. Each holds up to 5 1/2 ounces.
* your set may be personalized/engraved with two custom lines on the large vase at No Additional Cost
* Please Note: Sand is not included.
Did You Know?
3 vessels and 2 colors of sand are needed for the Unity Sand Ceremony. These are typically sold in sets such as the ones I suggest below:
--> 2 small vessels for sand, usually of clear glass - some sets come with a 3rd small vessel
--> 2 pouches of sand, each of a different color (you will need to buy this separately - I offer some colors of sand below)
--> 1 larger, more ornate clear glass vessel for the blending, to be kept as a family keepsake.
A Heart Sand Unity Ceremony Set with Pedestal
The heart unity sand ceremony is another way to make a sand ceremony even more meaningful. A third small vase lets you add another symbolic element to this event. Incorporate your child, priest, or have the third vase represent your shared spiritual beliefs. Create a beautiful reminder to preserve the moment for years to come. This 6 piece set includes
* an engravable heart shaped bottle with glass stopper - 7" H
* 2 large heart vases - 9 3/4" H
* 1 small heart vase - 8 1/2" H
* 1 metal display stand. - 4 1/2" H
* Note - Sand in your choice of color is sold separately.
Unity Sand Ceremony Set in 3 Hearts
* Gorgeous clear Italian glass
* 2 Beautiful classic 3.5 oz side heart bottles
* 7 oz tall double heart bottle with cork closure
* Made in Italy
Did You Know?
The Unity Sand Ceremony is often performed when the couple wishes to symbolize their unity:
--> At a Beach Wedding, Of Course!
--> At an outdoor wedding with winds that may not allow a Unity Candle Ceremony
--> In a wedding venue such as a chapel that does not allow a lit flame
--> When they just want the grains of sand to symbolize their union
The Perfect Wedding Unity Sand Set for Your Beach Wedding
This beautiful beach-themed unity sand set includes:
* one base for glass vase (4.25" x 3.5")
* one glass cylinder vase (3" x 7"),
* one tealight cork top
* 3 tubes of sand: white, tan - 10 oz each, ivory - 9.35 oz
* base and cork are made of resin and designed to look like beach sand and seashells.
* Note - Tealight candle is not included for the cork top.
Have You Experienced a Wedding Unity Sand Ceremony ?
Did You Know?
After their sands are poured, the bride and groom's vessels can be used as flower vases on their Table at the Wedding Reception
"Together Forever" Unity Sand Vase Set with White and Ivory Sand - Includes a Silver Charm
The Together Forever Unity Vase Sand Set exhibits a silver chain wrapping around the large vase and holding the charm, which is silver-plated with white epoxy. The words "Together Forever" and the icon below it are raised and shine with the surrounding light. This elegant unity sand set includes:
* one 10" tall glass vase with hanging charm and white rubber cap
* two 6.75" glass pouring vases
* white sand and ivory sand.
3 Piece Nesting Vases for Wedding Unity Sand Ceremony
With the addition of fresh flowers, these distinctive sand ceremony vases in this 3 piece set will make an intriguing addition to a home's decor. Coordinating miniature nesting vases and contrasting colors of sand allow children or others to take part in a "Family Sand Ceremony". Standard vase requires 2 lbs of sand.
* personalization and sand are not included - may be ordered for added charge
* flowers are not included
Did You Know?
The Unity Sand Ceremony is great for blending the families of couples where either the bride or groom or both already have children
Additional vessels may be use with other colors of sand that allow the children to partake in the symbolic blending of the sands
Silver Love Heart with Raffia Tie Wedding Unity Sand Set - This set is Personalized
This Personalized 3 piece unity sand ceremony set includes
* one 7 1/2" tall 12 oz. jar with a cork stopper
* two 5" tall 6 oz side pouring vases
* a silver heart charm attached with a raffia ribbon to the center vase.
* free etching includes First names, date of the event and a short message on the center vase plus one first name on each of the side pouring vases. Email your etching instructions or leave this information in the "Gift message" section when ordering
Hearts Sand Ceremony Set
This Sand Pouring Ceremony Kit which creates a unique keepsake to treasure, includes 4 containers, 1 large decorated, keepsake and 3 smaller ones for pouring. The large keepsake cylinder has a glazed resin base and removable lid carved with hearts and featuring rhinestone accents.
* with base and lid, large cylinder is 11-3/4-Inch tall and 4-1/2-Inch diameter
* the 3 small cylinders are each 7-1/2-Inch tall and 1-3/4-Inch diameter
* Hortense B. Hewitt has been a leader in top-quality wedding supplies for more than 60 years
Read about the Unity Sand and Unity Candle Ceremony
Did You Know?
The sand colors used in the Unity Sand Ceremony should be two colors or types of sand that are important to the bride and the groom
They may also be the two most prominent colors of the couple's wedding theme
They may be sand from the beach where you met