- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Funny Wedding Pranks and Gags
Funny Wedding Pranks and Gags
Nothing cures the stiffness of a wedding faster than a good wedding prank. Here are some classic and not so classic wedding pranks and gags. Pull a prank your guests will be talking about for years to come. Here are some really fun ideas for wedding pranks and gags to be played by the bride and groom, bridesmaids, groomsmen, best man, or other members of the wedding party.
Use an unloaded gun for this prank. I repeat: unloaded!
Anyone walking the bride down the isle, including Mom, can pull this prank. Carry a gun as you walk her down the aisle, and watch as people begin to notice!
Warning: Remember, this is the bride's day, so if you think this prank could in any way spoil it, please get her approval first.
I repeat, an unloaded gun. :)
Wrap your bridesmaid gifts in duct tape, so your bridesmaids spend hours opening them, thereby building the anticipation.
Warning: Put the gifts in boxes first.
Boxed Bridesmaid Gifts
Put your bridesmaid gifts inside several boxes, each one smaller than the last. This is a classic prank and works well with small bridesmaid gifts like bridesmaid jewelry.
Present your bridesmaids with a fake contract that says they shall not gain weight or dye their hair before the wedding. Tell them they must sign or they will be removed from the wedding planning activities and will not receive any bridesmaid gifts.
The True Meaning of Frigid
Freeze their bras and undies after the bachelorette party. It's a classic trick that brings you back to your sleepover days.
This is another classic prank. When the first bridesmaid falls asleep at the bachelorette party, break out those new cosmetic bags and decorate her face like a clown. Then take a picture with all the girls standing around her and put it in a bridesmaid frame.
Let Them Eat Cake
At the reception, when it's time to cut the cake, have the DJ request that the best man and maid of honor partake in the cutting of the cake. On the count of three, instead of smashing a cake into your groom's face, get the maid of honor and best man. This is the perfect revenge if they already pulled a prank on you.
Green with Envy
Got a jealous bridesmaid? At the bachelorette party, make her turn green with envy. Put green Kool Aid (in powder form) on her while she's sleeping. It seeps into the pores and when she wakes up, she'll be green with envy. Temporarily of course.
A Powered Wig
Place a small amount of baby powder in your maid of honor's hair dryer. (Not too much; it could short out.) When she turns it on, watch her freak as her glossy strands are covered in powder.
When the first bridesmaid passes out at the bachelorette party, place cups filled to the brim with water all around her and out as far as possible. When she wakes up, she'll have to either drink or spill water to escape.
Best Man Wedding Jokes and Stories
A friend got married and I, being the best man, decided a humorous practical joke was in order. One of the duties of the best man is to make arrangements to pick up and return the groom's tux, which opens up the possibility for the following prank:
After final fitting, rent an extra coat jacket that is either 3 or 4 sizes smaller or larger than the groom's. Explain to the tux shop what you're up to. Pick up the groom's fitted coat, switch with the extra rented coat, and deliver it to the groom only when it becomes time to actually get dressed. The friend of mine wore a 42 long, but the one I provided was a 38 short. Pretend for as long as possible that you don't know anything.
A man was surprised when an old school friend asked if he would be the best man at his soon-to-be-held wedding. They had not seen each other for a while, and he did not really know that much about the bridegroom-to-be; all he remembered about him from school was that he was a great practical joker.
With this in mind, on the day of the wedding the best man got hold of the bridegroom's lottery ticket and noted down the numbers. As he was starting his best man's speech, he said that he as well as many others followed the lottery, and if nobody minded, he was going to read out the winning numbers, which had been called a few minutes ago. Everyone duly took out his or her ticket and checked the numbers as he called them out. He could see the bridegroom becoming more and more excited as he read out the numbers. At the end, up jumped the bridegroom yelling out that he won the lottery, he was rich! He ran around, showing the ticket to all.
His new bride said, "How wonderful," as they were now rich.
"What do you mean we?" laughed the bridegroom. "This is my ticket! I am rich! And now's probably a good time to tell you I have been sleeping with your sister for the last two months."
So saying, he grabbed the sister's hand and left, never to be seen again.
Collect a lot of keys from the wedding friends in the wedding party without the bride and groom's knowledge. Pass them out to as many women as possible (swearing them to secrecy).
During your speech, announce, "The bride realizes that the groom has had a lot of girlfriends over the years. She would appreciate it if any of them who have keys to his place could please return them."
This is the cue for all the women to bring their keys to the wedding party table. Try to get a couple of pregnant women in the group and maybe somebody's grandma.
Forever Hold Your Peace
During the wedding ceremony, when the minister/preacher/priest comes to the part where he says something to the effect of, "If anyone has any reason that these two people should not marry, speak up now or forever hold your peace..." have a four-to-six-year-old boy run up the aisle yelling, "Daddy, Daddy!" I understand from a friend who played this joke on a relative that it took almost an hour to get the wedding started again.
When the groom asks the best man for the ring have him turn nervously and say he doesn't have it. Each groomsmen should turn to the other and ask where the ring is. The last person in line grabs a giant box of Cracker Jacks with the wedding ring inside.
For her wedding, my cousin decided she wanted to describe what a typical day was like for her husband. So she arranged for the groom to stand behind a sheet pulled up to his neck. His clothes were painted onto the sheet, and there were two holes for arms. Then the best man stood behind the groom and put his arms through the holes so that they appeared as though they belonged to the groom. There was a table in front of the sheet with tons of everyday things on it, like toothpaste, shaving cream, food, etc. As the bride described what the groom did during the average day, the best man made a mess on the groom's face and head.
The Bathtub Jello prank is harmless, but amusing. I've heard about couples returning from their honeymoon to find nothing out of the ordinary—until they go to take a shower/bath, when they find that their bathtub is full of Jello. It's easy to do. Just run hot water, dump in lots of jello and lots of ice cubes, then stir. You can do it all at once, although I think it's better to make in layers if you have the time—that way, you can ensure that each layer sets.
It's somewhat of a mess to get rid of, though (you have to scoop it out or melt it a little bit at a time).
Warning: Be sure to put it in the tub no more than a day before it will be discovered. My fiancé filled the tub a week before the honeymooners got home, and it went moldy.
The best man bought a number of condoms and passed them around to the groom's closest friends before the wedding. Immediately after the ceremony, each person cupped it in his right hand right before he shook the groom's hand (while passing through the reception line) so that it would end up in the groom's hand during the handshake. No one else (even the bride, who was standing right next to the groom) could tell what was going on. That is, at first—the bride found out after a few handshakes, because the groom kept sticking his hand in his pocket and was turning bright red.
The last wedding I was at, there was a priest and a minister present.
When a waiter came around to offer drinks for the toast, the minister said, "I'll have a large whisky."
The priest replied, "No alcohol for me, I'd rather go with a scarlet woman."
So the minister put his drink back and said, "Sorry, I didn't know there was a choice."
Now, I don't want to offend anyone, so if there is a priest or a minister present, I apologize, and if there is a scarlet woman here, I'll meet you at the bar in ten minutes!
Bachelor Party Oath of Secrecy
Print out this "Bachelor Oath of Secrecy" and include it in the bachelor party invitation or have all the men sign before the evening starts!
Bachelor Oath of Secrecy
In the contract/oath below, you must adhere to all guidelines and procedures in a strict fashion. When the document refers to the Bachelor, it is indicating the poor soul about to be incarcerated for the next 60 years with the same woman! The guys consisting of the bachelor party are described as Bachelor Brethren and are the ones who should make the Bachelor's party a success by following the regulations below. Please take the following document as seriously (seriously funny) as possible, since it will provide hours of fun and memories.
I _____________________ solemnly swear that on the weekend of ______________, in celebration of ___________________'s bachelor party, I will abide by the following rules and regulations:
1) I will not, in any way, take pictures with people of the opposite sex, those who appear to be, dress as, or identify with the opposite sex, or any animals while the bachelor party is in progress. Failure to follow this rule will automatically make me exiled from the party.
2) I will act like I am five years old and promote immature behavior the whole weekend. With every alcoholic shot purchased for the group or for the Bachelor by the Bachelor Brethren, I will participate in loud, obnoxious outbursts.
3) I will consume alcoholic beverages and promote drunken misconduct in the safest and most appropriate fashion. If I am a designated driver or have a note from a doctor, I am excused from drinking but must still promote animalistic behavior.
4) I will back up my fellow Bachelor Brethren and always provide wingman-ship, even if it means hanging with an ugly, fat bearded lady for a few hours!
5) A Bachelor Brother who is displaying either drunken or natural poor taste, as evidenced by speaking with fat, ugly chicks for more than one minute apiece, must be escorted back to the group of Bachelor Brethren for protection from himself and from the embarrassment which may have occurred the following morning.
6) I must embarrass the Bachelor at least once per hour. Embarrassment can only take the form of attracting attention toward the poor soul getting married, and includes, but is not limited to finding women who will do body shots with the Bachelor, making the Bachelor sing to women, dressing the Bachelor in silly clothes such as prison attire, hand-cuffing the Bachelor to a blow-up doll, and any other creative behavior!
7) In case of the emergency (i.e. a Bachelor Brother needing to pray to the porcelain goddess or visit Mr. Tidy Bowl Man), it is essential that I make sure one Bachelor Brother goes with the other Brother In Need (BIN).
8) It is my responsibility to commute to a more exciting atmosphere when group energy is dwindling. When I sense the energy is low, I must interact with other Bachelor Brethren to form a plan to move to a more exciting environment.
9) I will not, at any time, think of work-related matters. If work does consume my mind, I will forfeit party status and be seen as an outcast by the Bachelor Brethren.
10) Before signing the document below, I will say out loud, "What happens at the bachelor party STAYS at the bachelor party!"
(Signature of Bachelor Brother)_______________________________________ Date_________________
(Signature of best man) ____________________________________________ Date__________________
Advice for the Bachelor (poor soul) about marriage: ____________________________________________
It's time for the bridesmaids to get their vengeance. Don't do these pranks unless the bride has an exceptional sense of humor. Weddings tend to be stressful and the last thing the bride needs is her wedding ruined by a poorly pulled-off prank. That said, some of these are almost too good not to do. Brides, treat your bridesmaids to top-notch bridesmaids' gifts or you're subject to trickery.
Put confetti in the heating/air-conditioning vents of the getaway car. Make sure to set the knob for the air in the car on full blast. When the bride and groom start the car, the confetti will come rushing out!
If it's a church wedding, write "Help Me" on the bottom of the groom's shoes, so all the guests see it when he kneels at the altar. Make sure you leave enough time for the paint to dry and write it so it reads left to right.
Who Has the Key?
A good trick to embarrass the groom. Give all the male guests and the oldest lady guest a door key. When it comes time for speeches, say, "Now that the couple is happily married, we ask all the men from previous relationships to stand up and return the bride's key." All the men will stand up and return the key, one-by-one. Then ask all the ladies to do the same, return their keys from their previous relationships with the groom. The oldest lady will stand up—garnering chuckles from the guests.
Jiffy Pop Getaway
Fill the getaway car with air-popped popcorn. It's messy, yet shouldn't do any real damage to the car. Plus, if the bride and groom get hungry, they'll have something to snack on.
Dress Up Their Cars!
The night before the wedding, dress up their cars! They will be so surprised when they walk out the door to get to the wedding.
A Perfect 10
After the first kiss, have the bridesmaids and groomsmen hold up score cards. Nothing less than 9.5. Funny and cute at the same time.
Mr. Plastic Man
At the bachelorette party, put a blow-up doll in the bachelorette's bed. Then tell her the groom couldn't stand to be away from her and is waiting for her in the bed. Keep a camera on hand. Her reaction to what is really under the covers will be priceless.
Two Sizes Too Small
In the middle of the night, replace the bachelorette's undies with a pair that's two sizes too small. When she wakes up in the morning, completely hungover and groggily puts them on, she'll wonder if she has gained weight or is going crazy.
When the minister states, "If anyone has a good reason that these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace," have a pregnant lady stand up hesitantly, then say, "Oh, never mind, I'll just call my lawyer."
Hire a Surprise Guest
Hire some male performers to attend the reception. Following the first dance and the father-daughter dance, the male performers, preferably shirtless, can come out and sweep the bride off of her feet.
Marriage and Wedding Jokes
- Marriage is not a word. It's a sentence—a life sentence!
- Marriage is a three-ring circus—it begins with an engagement ring, culminates in a wedding ring, and and ends in suffering.
- A happy marriage is a matter of give and take; the husband gives and the wife takes.
- A woman was telling her friend, "It was I who made my husband a millionaire."
"And what was he before you married him?" asked the friend.
The woman replied, "A multi-millionaire."
- A woman had an artist paint a portrait of her wearing the most amazingly beautiful and expensive jewels. Her explanation: "If I die and my husband re-marries, I want his next wife to go crazy looking for the jewels."
- Getting married is very much like going to a restaurant with friends. You order what you want, and when you see what the other fellow has, you wish you had ordered that.
- Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock.
- Q: Why are husbands like lawn mowers?
A: They're hard to get started, emit foul odors, and don't work half of the time!
- Husband to wife: Why do you keep reading our marriage license?
Wife to husband: I'm looking for a loophole
- The definition of a perfect wife? One who helps the husband with the dishes.
- The minister noticed the bride was in distress, so he asked what was wrong. She replied that she was awfully nervous and afraid she would not remember what to do. The minister told her that she only needed to remember three things:
First, the aisle, because that is what she would be walking down.
Secondly, the altar, because that is where she would arrive.
Finally, the hymn, because that is the type of song she would sing during the service.
While the bride was walking in step with the wedding march, family and friends of the groom were horrified to hear her repeating these three words:
"Aisle, altar, hymn" (I'll alter him).
- A little kid asks his dad, "Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?"
"No idea," replied the father, "I'm still paying for it."
- There was this lover who said that he would go through hell for her. So they got married—and now he is going through hell!
- I've got a good friend who married a doctor. One day he told her, "You need to do something to spice up our love-making." Soon thereafter, he came home and found her in bed with another man who, as it turned out, was also an M.D.
"Why?" asked her husband.
"You said I needed to do something to spice up our love-making; I just wanted to get a second opinion", she replied.
- Q: Why do brides wear white?
A: To blend in with everything else in the kitchen.
- One day a man inserted an advert in the local classifieds: "Wife wanted."
The next day he received a hundred letters. They all said the same thing: "You can have mine."
- Q: What makes men chase women they have no intention of marrying?
A: Well, it's the same urge that makes dogs chase cars they have no intention of driving.
- Marriage: an institution in which a man loses his bachelor's degree and the woman gets her master's.
- After a lengthy quarrel, a wife said to her husband, "You know, I was a fool when I married you."
The husband replied: "Yes, dear, but I was in love and didn't notice it."
"Welcome Back from Your Honeymoon" Office Prank
As a post-wedding prank, decorate the bride or groom's office while they are away on their honeymoon. Cover everything with foil, plastic wrap, or Post-It notes.