1 The Struggle for Power
The Word of God in 1 Kings Chapter 1, it reminds us of basic truths in man’s existence:
1 Kings 1:1 “Now King David was old, advanced in years, and they put covers on him, but could not get warm.”
· Declines in health, verses 1 - 4. just like David in his old age being in the end of his seventieth year no heat - which is not strange in a person who had been exercised with so many hardships in war, and with such tormenting cares, and fears, and sorrows, for his own sins (as divers of his Psalms witness) and for the sins and miseries of his children and people.
It is the same with you and me there will come a time that we will come to the inevitable where we have to join in our Father’s hand. Are we ready for that? Are we going through the refiner’s fire at this point in time?
Adonijah aspires to be King verses. 5 – 10.He sets himself up as King and ended up self-exalted and self-defeated.
- We need to develop humility: Humility refuses to promote or exalt itself rather trusting the Lord advancement. It quickly acknowledges the Lord when anything it does is recognized, knowing that all accomplishments are realized through God.
David even to the point of death kept his promise….verse 29 “And the king took an oath and said, “as the Lord lives, who has redeemed my life from every distress.”
· Remember and carry out vows and promises you make.
· Be assured the Lord has heard and will enable you to do so.
· He prospers and grants success to those who walk in His ways.
Let us remember then that godly person has confidence that God cares about his character, faithfulness, and integrity and that He rewards those who walk faithfully with Him. No matter what situation we are in …. keep trusting, obeying and enduring in HIS love. For in HIS perfect time things will be done more than our expectations if we patiently wait upon the Lord. All for HIS GLORY!
1 Kings 1 invites us to remember: “And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.” Matt 23:12
Amazed by HIS GRACE.