10 things to Pray for Yourself Daily
More Prayer Hubs
- 11 Important Keys to Get Your Prayers Answered
Are you interested in knowing how to get your prayers answered? Well this Hub contains vital information to help you if your prayers are not answered as yet. Take a look.
- Understanding God the Father's Love for Us
It is very important to know who God the Father is, his nature and the lack of understanding that can affect our lives tremendously. Take a look at this Hub that will change your life.
- 15 Ways and Things to Pray for Teens
More praying for teenagers can accomplish a great deal in their lives and make them a better person for God's glory. Here are some important points to pray that will forever change teenagers.
Prayer is absolutely vital in our relationship with God. Although praying for unsaved loved ones, nations, leaders, our country is vitally necessary, we should not neglect praying for ourselves. Here are some important ways to pray for yourselves daily.
1. Pray for Wisdom-
As the Proverbs states, Wisdom is the principal thing, therefore get wisdom and in all your getting, get understanding.
Psalm 111:10- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever. We should pray for wisdom in these areas of our lives:
- Pray for godly wisdom daily in handling issues in our lives,
- Pray for wisdom to choose a career and where to get a job, where to live
- Pray for wisdom in communicating to our spouse, friends, coworkers, children,
- Pray for wisdom in handling finances,budgeting, spending money, finding deals
- Pray for wisdom circumstances in our lives and other relationships as well, even with strangers and people God puts in our path.
Wisdom takes the present and moves it to the future as Dr. Henry Wright states. So ask the Lord for wisdom.
James 1:5- If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Proverbs 2:6- For the Lord gives wisdom: out of his mouth comes knowledge and understanding.
2. Pray for Your Eyes to Be Opened- our eyes would be opened to see what God is doing in our lives, to see His faithfulness and goodness in spite of what we are facing, to see the impossible, to see beyond the natural realm, to see what the enemy is doing as well, to see the needs of others, to see the pain of others, to see people’s hearts, to see the lost, to see the sin in our hearts
- What Makes Christianity a Fun and Thrilling Life
Many people view the Christian life as a life without fun, excitement and happiness. Take a look at what makes the Christian life a thrilling life.
- 43 One-Liners on How to Pray for Yourself
Although we are to pray for the pressing needs in our nation, family and community, we should not neglect praying for ourselves. Here are some important simple ways to pray for yourself.
3. Pray for Love
- Pray that we understand the love of God more and more differently everyday, that we pursue God passionately and the things of this world, cares of this life, title, fame, wealth, position, praise of others would not be permitted to lessen our Love for God.
What does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all your heart and with all your soul,To keep the commandments of the Lord, and his statutes, which I command you this day for your good? (Deuteronomy 10:12-13)
- We should also pray for a love for God’s Word and to be able to love yourself. This is not an unrighteous, selfish love, but a love for yourself in spite of mistakes made yesterday and today.
If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.He that loves me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. (John 14:23-24)
And you shall love the Lord thy God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, You shall love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. (Mark 12:30-31)
- Pray for God to place a love in your heart for your enemies and those who wronged and betrayed you and the unsaved people in your lives.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (Matthew 5:44)
4. Pray for Discernment- to discern between good and evil, deception and truth, light from darkness, righteousness from unrighteousness, to discern the will of God in our lives, in a situation, to discern God's voice and Spirit, to discern the heart of God.
- How to Incorporate Prayer in the Family and in Your Home
Prayer in the Home and in the family is crucial to building a spiritual foundation that will lead us to God's path and protects and sustains our kids. Here are key ways to build the altar of prayer.
- 20 Things Every Christian Should and Need to Pray For
Prayer is vitally important and is talking to God. Aside from praying for ourselves and family needs, here are some things from the Bible to include in your prayer time as much as possible.
5. Pray for your Heart- Pray for your heart to be changed to be more like Christ, that your heart would not grow cold, be apathetic, bitter, anger, selfish, proud, envious, doubtful in God’s Promises. When these things in our hearts are recognized, we would pray for God to change us to be more obedient, loving, forgiving, patient, faithful and surrendered to the will, plan and purpose of God.
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:20 These are the things which defile a man, (Matthew 15:18-20a)
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26)
6. Pray for your mouth- May our mouths praise God and others, that we will always attempt to speak positive, uplifting words to others, ourselves and God.
May our tongues not participate in gossip, tearing down another to build one’s self up. lie and deceive others, (Psalm 120:2), but know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary, (Isaiah 50:4)
7. Perseverance- In spite of pressing circumstances, whatever they may be, pray for a persevering spirit, to not give up and serve God faithfully daily in prayer, studying the Word, worshipping Him.
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1-2)
8. Pray for Favor- unbelieveable and uncommon favor with strangers, leaders, bosses, and people everywhere.
PRAY FOR FAVOR WITH EVERYONE AND ANYONE
- 11 Things to Pray for Police Officers Daily
Let us not take for granted the Police Officers in our cities and other cities, in states and countries. Here are some ways to pray for the Police Department.
9. Pray for Courage-
- Courage to always do the right thing, in the midst of opposition
- Courage to make wise decisions and not compromise your values and biblical principles
- Courage to share Christ's love when opportunities arises
- Courage to step out where God leads us to do when we do not understand
- Courage to address things in our friendships and relationships.
10. Pray for Continual Strength and Increase in Your Faith- Pray for physical, supernatural strength daily to accomplish God's will and the tasks of the day and also for an increase in faith in the Word of God, the power of God and God's character.
More Prayer Hubs
- 17 Unique Ministry Ideas To Start in Your City
This Hub shows the many great ways to serve and help different types of people in our churches and community. Each person has a unique set of gifts, personalities that can aid someone.
- Leave the Past Behind Teaching in Churches: Is it Effective in Helping Those With a Traumatic Past
Here is a different outlook of the 'forget the past teaching' that is regularly taught in churches as stated in Philippians 3:13-14. Here are the positives and negatives.
- 10 Types of Prayer from the New Testament of the Bible
Prayer is absolutely necessary in having a close relationship with God. Take a look at these types of prayer in the New Testament. They are can be used to pray for yourself, others and the church.