- Religion and Philosophy
20 Angelic Visitations and Encounters in the Bible
- What Makes Christianity a Fun and Thrilling Life
Many people view the Christian life as a life without fun, excitement and happiness. Take a look at what makes the Christian life a thrilling one.
- 20 Things Every Christian Should Know in the Old Testament
How is your bible knowledge? Do we really know the Word of God? Here are some things every Christian should know and need to know about in the Old Testament of the Bible.
- 10 Things to Learn about Leaders from the Old Testament
The Old Testament is a wonderful part of the Bible to study. It has many deep truths. Here are some great principles about leaders from the Old Testament.
Angels are messengers of God. The Bible is filled with many common people who had experience with angels and received the Word from God to them.
1. Two angels came to Sodom at the evening and in the morning these angels hastened Lot and his family to escape for their lives and not to look behind.
2. Hagar was (Sarah’s maid) and she had two encounters with an angel.
In her first encounter, Hagar was by the fountain of water in the wilderness and the Angel of the Lord found her and instructed her to, 'Return to her mistress and submit herself to her, he told her she was pregnant, what she should name her son, and the type of man he will be.'
The Angel also met Hagar again in the wilderness when there was no water and she thought her child would have died, the angel heard her voice, and brought inner strength and hope to her.
3. Angels of God met Jacob on the way after Laban blessed his daughters, departed and went back to his own place.
4. When the Egyptians, their chariots and horsemen were pursuing the people of Israel after Pharaoh let them go, The Angel of God went before the Israel's camp and went behind them with the pillar of cloud.
5. The Angel of the Lord sat under an oak which was in Ophrah and appeared to Gideon when he was threshing wheat by the winepress The angel appeared unto him and said, The LORD is with you, you mighty man of valor.
6. An Angel appeared to Manoah’s wife, who was barren and foretold her that she will conceive and bear a son and that she should not drink not wine nor strong drink and eat not any unclean thing. Her son shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death.
7. An angel spoke to Elijah the Tishbite and said, Arise, go up to meet the messengers of the king of Samaria, and say unto them, Is it not because there is not a God in Israel, that ye go to enquire of Baalzebub the god of Ekron? (II Kings 1:3) AND angel of the Lord instructed Elijah, 'Go down with him: be not afraid of him. And he arose, and went down with him unto the king.' (II Kings 1:15)
8. Hezekiah the king prayed and cried to heaven and the Lord sent an angel who cut of all the mighty men of valour, and the leaders and captains in the camp of the king of Assyria. So he returned with shame of face to his own land. (II Chronicles 32:21)
9. Daniel while he was in prayer, the angel Gabriel touched him about the time of the evening offering and talked with him, and said, I am now come forth to give you skill and understanding. He also experienced the angel (one of the chief princes) Michael helping him when the prince of Persia, Satan withstood him for 21 days.
BIRTH OF JOHN AND JESUS AND HIS DEATH
10. Angel appeared to Zacharias to deliver a message that he will have a son, what his name will be – (John), his calling and what he shall become.
11. Angel Gabriel sent to the Virgin Mary and exhort her that she is highly favored of the Lord and that she will bring forth a son and call his name Jesus.
12. Angel also appeared to Joseph in a dream to confirm that Mary will bring forth a son and call his name Jesus.
13. The angel of the Lord came upon country shepherds who watched over their flock by night, to bring them good tidings and announce the birth of a Savior, Christ the Lord.
14. When Mary Magdalene and other Mary went to see the sepulcher, angel of the Lord descended from heaven and rolled back the stone, and told them that, 'He is not here, he is risen from the dead.'
- 43 One-Liners on How to Pray for Yourself
Although we are to pray for the pressing needs in our nation, family and community, we should not neglect praying for ourselves. Here are some important simple ways to pray for yourself.
- 20 Things Christians should Know about the New Testament
Here are some important things and facts in the Bible every Christian should know, need to know about and should be familiar with in the New Testament.
- 10 Types of Prayer from the New Testament of the Bible
Prayer is absolutely necessary in having a close relationship with God. Take a look at these types of prayer in the New Testament. They are can be used to pray for yourself, others and the church.
BOOK OF ACTS
15. When the Sadducees and high priest put the Apostles in prison, the angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out and told them to go, stand and speak in the temple to the people the words of life.
16. Angel of the Lord spoke to Phillip and told him to go south to the way that goes to Jerusalem to Gaza. When Phillip did go, he meet an Ethiopian eunuch who had come to Jerusalem to worship.
17. Cornelius, a centurion, just man, was instructed by an angel of God in a vision to send men to Joppa and get Simon Peter, who is staying with Simon, the tanner house by the seaside. So Cornelius did as the angel instructed him. (Acts 10:3-6)
18. When Peter was placed in prison, after James the brother of John was killed, the angel of the Lord came upon him and a light shined in the prison, smote Peter on the side and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off his hands. (Acts 12:7)
And the angel said to him, to put his garment on and follow him. The angel took him past the first and the second ward and then the iron gate that leads to the city, which opened and passed on through one street. Then the angel left.
19. Peter realized that the God sent an angel to deliver him out of the hand of Herod and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews (Acts 12)
20. The ship undergo difficulties during a storm and tempestuous wind, and the crew had no hope, An angel stood by Paul the night, and ministered to him, comforted him and told him not to fear.
More Biblical Hubs by This Author
- 20 Questions Every Christian Should Be Prepared to Answer Every Non-Christian
Christians should be always be prepared to defend the faith and answer the questions of unbelievers when the opportunity arises. Here are twenty questions they should always know the answer to.
- 10 Misleading Views and Beliefs from Christians
As a believer in Jesus Christ, I discovered from other Christians, some shocking views and misconceptions about God, the Christian life, faith, prayer, Bible and other issues which is being taught