20 Facts Every Christian Should Know about the Gospels of The Bible
Other Helpful Articles
- 20 Things Christians should Know about the New Testament in the Bible
The Bible is a wonderful book. Here are some basic facts every Christian should know and need to know about the New Testament of the Bible.
- 10 Things to Learn about Leaders from the Old Testament
The Old Testament is a wonderful part of the Bible to study. It has many deep truths. Here are some great principles about leaders from the Old Testament.
- 20 Things Christians Should Know in the Old Testament of the Bible
- Summary of the New Testament Bible Books
- Why was the New Testament Written part I
The Gospels are the first four books of the New Testament, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. How well do you know important events and facts of these books of the Bible? Here are some important things to know about the gospels of the bible.
1. Facts about the Virgin Birth of Jesus- Mary’s angelic visitation, Joseph's angelic visitation, Birth of Jesus, Three Wise men, Mary and Joseph in Egypt
2. Facts about John’s Birth- These include how the angel of God appeared to Zacharias the priest, John the Baptist Birth, John's Purpose and ministry, and the beheading of John the Baptist.
3. Baptism of Jesus & The Temptation of Jesus- How John the Baptist Baptized Jesus and how Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness
4. Names of Jesus disciples and how they each came to follow Christ- Simon, his brother, Andrew, James, John, Phillip, Nathaniel, Matthew, Thomas, James, son of Alphaeus, Simon the zealot, Judas son of James and Judas Iscariot.
5.The Sending Out of the Twelve Disciples- to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out evil spirits and power against unclean spirits. (Matthew 10)
6. Specific People Jesus healed, delivered, and raised from the dead. – the woman with the issue of blood, Jairus daughter and Lazarus raised back to life, cleansing of leper, woman bound by spirit of infirmity for eighteen years, Peter mother in law healed of a fever, etc.
7. Sermon on the Mount- taken from Matthew 5, 6, 7- shows the teachings, principles of how Jesus wants us to live.
8. The Prayers in the Gospels- The Lord’s Prayer, Jesus praying in Gethsemane, Jesus praying for his disciples (John 17)
9. The Pharisees, scribes, Sanhedrin and Sadducees- their beliefs, laws, traditions, and perspective of Jesus
10. Miracles of Jesus- Turning water into water, healing the nobleman’s son, healing of the man at the pool, feeding 5000 people with 12 loaves and two fishes, Jesus walking on water, a man born blind sight restored,
11. Parables – Seed and the sower, Parable of the Tares lost sheep, Lost coin, Prodigal Son, Wedding feast, The wise and foolish Virgins, the rich man and Lazarus, the Good Samaritan, Parable of the Great Supper, The unjust steward, etc
12. The Transfiguration of Jesus
13. The Two Great Commandments- Love Your God with all your heart, and with all your soul and with all your mind. The Second commandment- Love Your neighbor as yourself.
14. Signs of the Coming of the Lord – Matthew 24:6-14, famines, pestilences, earthquakes, wars, offending and betraying one another, love of many growing cold.
15. Jesus Washing the disciples feet- teaching serving one another
16. The triumphal entry of Christ- entering Jerusalem riding on a donkey.
17 The Last Supper- The Lord's Supper with His disciples
18. The betrayal and denial of Jesus- Peter denied him three times and Judas Iscariot betrayed.
19. Facts about Jesus Crucifixion, death, Burial and Resurrection- Jesus and Pilate, details of his crucifixion, Jesus death, The empty tomb, Jesus appearing to the Disciples
20. The Great Commission- Matthew 28:19-20- Go therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost; Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.