- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
20 Things Every Christian Should and Need to Pray For
The Holy Bible: King James Version, World Bible Publishers, Inc.
The Holy Bible: New King James Version
The Amplified Bible, Zondervan Publishing, 1995
- 10 Misleading Views and Beliefs from Christians
As a believer in Jesus Christ, I discovered from other Christians, some shocking views and misconceptions about God, the Christian life, faith, prayer, Bible and other issues which is being taught
Prayer is simply conversation with God that expresses our dependence and help in Him for anything. When we pray, we are permitting God to come into any problem, situation and work on them. Prayer changes things, changes people, changes cities and any situation.
What sort of things should believers in Christ include in their prayer life. From a biblical viewpoint, I have compiled things to pray for.
1. Pray for Wisdom
'James 1:5 says- If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.'
- Pray for godly wisdom daily in handling issues in our lives
- Pray for wisdom to choose a career and the places to apply to get a job
- Pray for wisdom in finding a spouse, choosing the right friends, wisdom in sharing our faith with coworkers,wisdom in raising children
- Pray for wisdom with your finances, wisdom in budgeting, spending money so you do not impulsively buy things, wisdom in locating deals
- Pray for wisdom with circumstances in our lives and other relationships as well, even with strangers and people God puts in our path.
2. Pray for your friends.
Job 42:10- And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.
This is an amazing verse- because Job prayed for his friends, he got back more than he ever lost. Can praying for our friends bring restoration, blessing and favor in our lives?
3. Pray and ask for the heathen in every nation of the world to be saved and know Jesus as Lord and Savior as stated in Psalm 2:8
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
4. Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem- in the hebrew the word for ‘peace’ is shalown, which means safe, well, happy, prosperity- Pray for peace in Jerusalem in the homes, streets, government and that Jerusalem will prosper and be safe.
5. Pray for God’s kingdom to come and His will to be done on the earth, as it is in heaven. (Matt. 6:9-10)
6. Pray that your faith in God will not fail and others faith in God's plan, power, purpose will not fail.
But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. (Luke 22:32
7. Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. (Matt. 9:38) Pray that God will send His labourers in the government, schools, businesses, entertainment industry, fashion industry, music industry to testify of His love, share the message of the gospel and bring for a harvest of souls.
8. Pray for all that are in Authority.
This includes the President, Leaders in Government, leaders in the church, School Principals, Police officers, Military officials, Mayor, Teachers, etc. I Timothy 2:1-4 gives us some pointers on what to pray for those in Authority.
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
As Sons and daughters of God, we should take our rightful place and pray for these specific people so new things can spring forth.
More Hubs on Prayer
- Prayer in the Home/Family can make a Difference: Ho...
Prayer in the Home and in the family is crucial to building a spiritual foundation that will lead us to God's path and protects and sustains our kids. Here are key ways to build the altar of prayer.
- 15 Ways to Pray for Teens
More praying for teenagers can accomplish a great deal in their lives and make them a better person for God's glory. Here are some important points to pray that will forever change teenagers.
- 10 Types of Prayer From the New Testament of the Bib...
Prayer is absolutely necessary in having a close relationship with God. Take a look at these types of prayer in the New Testament. They are can be used to pray for yourself, others and any issue.
9. Pray for your children and the children of others, orphans, fatherless children, motherless children, homeless children, children with only one parent, hungry children.
Every parent, leader should follow the words of Christ and lay hands on children and pray for them.
Matt. 19:13- Then were there brought unto Jesus little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray.
10. Pray that God will open doors to speak about the gospel of Jesus CHRIST-
praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ. (Colossians 4:3)
11 Pray that God will give us boldness to speak His Word and as we stretch our hands out, healings will take place and signs and wonders will follow in the Name of Jesus.
.And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, 30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus
12. Pray one for another, that you may be healed. that your spirits, soul, heart, body be healed, be healed physically, emotionally, mentally, that our relationships be healed.
James 5:16 says, Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
13. Pray for Christians to be united and to be one.
John 17:19-21- And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
14. Pray for fellow believers in Christ and young disciples to be kept from evil and for the truth in God's Word to sanctify them.
John 17:15, 17pray not that you should take them out of the world, but that you should keep them from the evil.
Sanctify them in the truth [set them apart for Your purposes, make them holy]; Your word is truth
15. Pray for opportunities to pray for the sick, dying and go to places and pray for those who are ill.
Mark 5:22-23 (KJV)
22 And, behold, there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name; and when he saw him, he fell at his feet,
And besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live.
16. Pray for other Christians, evangelists, ministers of the faith -What can we pray for? According to II Thessalonians 3:1-2 these are some things we can ask God to do.
Finally, brethen pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course and be glorified, even as it is with you and And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men for all men have not the faith.
17. Pray the Prayer of Jabez - I Chronicles 4:10
And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
18. Pray that God will put the right person as leaders in the church-
Acts 14:24- 'And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.'
In this verse, praying and fasting played a big role in choosing and ordaining the elders of the church.
19. Pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you (Matt. 5:44)- In our workplace, within our family circle and in this world, people can use us or persecute us for our faith. We must pray for God to change the hearts of those who intentions is to use us.
Why should we pray for them. Matthew 5:45 tells us why:
"That we may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."
20. Pray that your Love for God and love for others will abound. As Philippians 1:9-11 states:
9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.