- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
20 Bible Proverbs for Spiritual Health
- A woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands. And let her own works praise her in the gates.
- Do not let your heart envy sinners, but be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day; for surely there is a hereafter, and your hope will not be cut off.
- Do not be envious of evil men, nor desire to be with them; for their heart devises violence, and their lips talk of trouble-making.
- Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; lest the Lord see it, and it displease Him, and He turn away His wrath from him.
- Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
- Make no friendship with an angry man, and with a furious man do not go, lest you learn his ways and set a snare for your soul.
- Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; the rod of correction will drive it far from him.
- For the Lord gives wisdom, from His mouth come knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly; He guards the path of the justice, and preserves the way of His Saints.
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
- The curse of the Lord is on the house of the wicked, but He blesses the home of the just.
11. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
12. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones.
13. Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the first fruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.
14. For whom the Lord loves He corrects, just as a father the son in whom he delights.
15. Whoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding; he who does so destroys his own soul.
16. I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasures.
17. He who has a slack hand becomes poor, but the hand of the diligent make rich.
18. Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all sins.
19. As a ring of gold in a swine's snout , so is a lovely woman who lacks discretion.
20. A man shall eat well by the fruit of his mouth, but the soul of the unfaithful feeds on violence.
The Book of Proverbs