21 Vastu Tips for Kitchen
Vastu Shastra- Its Significance
Vastu Shastra is ancient Indian Science which aims at improving the quality of life by construction of homes & offices in compliance with the rules of Vastu Shastra. It aims at drawing and concentrating positive cosmic energy in people's lives for their betterment. Just by doing minor changes in our home according to principles can bring a lot of positive changes and materialistic & spiritual benefits in the atmosphere of the house. Vastu
Vastu Advice For The Kitchen
Kitchen is a very important part of any house.The first thing that comes to our mind when we think of kitchen is food. Lovingly prepared, hygienic, home cooked food benefits the whole family. Kitchen is an important area of the house where food is cooked and thus it can be considered as the source for ensuring health and well being of the natives of the house. It is important therefore to have a well-appointed, clean and uncluttered kitchen according to Vastu principles. Use of Vastu Principles in kitchen is essential to enhance the aura of kitchen and ensure that the family stays happy and healthy.
21 Vastu tips for Kitchen
1. Element Fire governs the direction South-East and for this reason, the ideal location of kitchen is the South-East corner of the house. An alternative choice can be the North-West corner of the house but any other direction should be avoided.
2. The cooking gas should be placed in the South-East direction in such a way that the person who is cooking should be facing East only.
3. Sinks with taps should be constructed in the North-East direction away from the cooking range as fire and water are contradictory elements and repel each other.
4. Refrigerator must be placed in the South-West direction and at least a foot away from the corner. North-East direction in the kitchen should be avoided for placing the refrigerator.
5. Adequate provision for cross-ventilation should be made in the kitchen.There should be one or two windows in the East direction of the kitchen. Larger windows in the kitchen should be in East side while small ventilators should be constructed in South. An exhaust fan should be fitted in the East.
6. Heaters, conventional ovens, micro-waves ovens and other such electronic gadgets should be placed in South-East or South side of the kitchen but never in North-East area.
7. The over head cupboards should always be on the South and the West walls and not on the North and the East walls. Construction of over head cupboards above the cooking range should be avoided both for Vastu reasons and for the convenience purposes.
8. The drinking water source including pitcher, water filter, etc. should be in North-East.
9. It is advisable to have a lot of green colour in the kitchen as green colour symbolizes life and growth. For example green granite can be used for flooring or green pictures or green colour on the walls as this helps to improve the appetite of the family members.
10. The color scheme for walls should be green, yellow, orange, rose, chocolate or red. Black colour should not be used.
11. The kitchen must never be constructed below the bathroom or toilet. It should never even share a common wall with the bathroom or toilet to avoid the negative energy.
12. A dishwasher can be placed in the North West of the kitchen.
13. The door of the kitchen should never face the door of the toilet. The reason is to avoid the stale and negative energy of the toilet.
14. Food should never be served in the center of the kitchen and for this reason, dining table should not be kept in the center of the kitchen. If you want to keep dining table in the kitchen then it should be in North-West direction.
15. Clocks in the kitchen should always be placed on the south or the southwest walls.
16. The women should be facing the East while doing their cooking. This is good for health.
17. There should be no leaking taps in the kitchen as this may adversely affect the money flow. Actually water should not be wasted at any place in the home.
18. The cooking stove should not be visible from the outside.
19. Storage space and racks for storage of items used in cooking, grain, spices, pulses, oil, flour and other eatables, utensils, crockery etc should be in West or South direction.
20. Place of worship or keeping deities in kitchen is not recommended. The right place for the deities is the Puja room.
21. There should be no medicine cabinet in the kitchen as it is considered bad for the health of the family members.
• The kitchen should appear welcoming and should be well-lit & airy.
• The person doing the cooking should not have his/her back towards the entrance of the kitchen and should be able to see anybody coming into the kitchen without turning her head very far.
• There should be sufficient room around the stove for the person to work. If the cook feels cramped and confined then it can affect the quality of food.
• It is important to keep the kitchen uncluttered and clean. Things should be kept in order.
• Care should be taken to check stocks from time to time and any food items beyond the expiry dates should be discarded.
• The gas stove should be kept clean as it represents the finances of the family. The burners should be kept unblocked and regularly in use.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Shaloo Walia