50 Kindness Quotes from the Holy Bible
There are some acts of kindness which everyone can do. Because we are not always aware of the people in our presence who are aching for a show of kindness, it is wise to show kindness to everyone we can, in any way we can.
Kindness Even to Animals
Summary of Kindness Quotes
Shade of Meaning
Following are 50 kindness quotes all extracted from the Old and New Testaments in the New Living Translation of the Bible, unless noted otherwise. They are equally divided under 5 sub-headings which are all synonyms for kindness.
- We prove ourselves by … our kindness (2 Corinthians 6: 6).
- She [the virtuous woman] gives instructions with kindness (Proverbs 31: 26).
- Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder (Proverbs 3:3).
- Love is patient and kind (1 Corinthians 13:4).
- Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with ... kindness (Colossians 3:12).
- Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you (Ephesians 4:32).
- Sympathize with each other… Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude (1 Peter 3:8).
- A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone (2 Timothy 2:24).
- If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? (Matthew 5:47)
- Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor! The Lord rescues them when they are in trouble (Psalm 41:1).
- If you come upon your enemy’s ox or donkey that has strayed away, take it back to its owner (Exodus 23:4).
- If you search for good, you will find favor; but if you search for evil, it will find you! (Proverbs 11:27)
- If you favor some people over others, you are committing a sin (James 2:9).
- Do not twist justice in legal matters by favoring the poor or being partial to the rich and powerful. Always judge people fairly (Leviticus 19:15).
- [Joseph to the butler in prison] Please remember me and do me a favor when things go well for you (Genesis 40:14).
- If you give special attention and a good seat to the rich person, but you say to the poor one, “You can stand over there, or else sit on the floor”—well, doesn’t this discrimination show that your judgments are guided by evil motives? (James 2:3).
- Many seek favors from a ruler; everyone is the friend of a person who gives gifts! (Proverbs 19:6)
- But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners (Romans 5;8).
- Jesus ... said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you? ... Neither do I. Go and sin no more.” (John 8: 10, 11)
- May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace (Numbers 6: 26).
- Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more (Luke 6:38).
- Give generously to the poor, not grudgingly, for the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do (Deuteronomy 15: 10).
- Generous people plan to do what is generous, and they stand firm in their generosity (Isaiah 32: 8).
- If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously (Romans 12: 8).
- He helps the poor, does not lend money at interest … Such a person will not die because of his father’s sins; he will surely live (Ezekiel 18:17).
- Give your gifts in private, and your Father, who sees everything, will reward you (Matthew 6:4).
- They share freely and give generously to the poor. Their good deeds will be remembered forever (2 Corinthians 9:9).
- Give to those who ask, and don’t turn away from those who want to borrow (Matthew 5:42).
- Don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves a person who gives cheerfully. (2 Corinthians 9:7).
- The materials donated by the people of Israel as sacred offerings for the completion of the sanctuary... were more than enough to complete the whole project (Exodus 36: 3, 7).
- Don’t forget to be kind to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it! (Hebrews 13:2 the Living Bible)
- Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay (1 Peter 4: 9).
- [Boaz to Ruth] I have warned the young men not to treat you roughly. And when you are thirsty, help yourself to the water they have drawn from the well (Ruth 2:9).
- Abraham ... looked up and noticed three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran to meet them and welcomed them, bowing low to the ground (Genesis 18:1).
- When she [Rebekah] had given him [Isaac’s servant] a drink, she said, “I’ll draw water for your camels, too, until they have had enough to drink.” (Genesis 24:19)
- When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality (Romans 12: 13).
- Don’t hesitate to accept hospitality, because those who work deserve to be fed (Matthew 10:10).
- Whenever you enter someone’s home, first say, ‘May God’s peace be on this house (Luke 10:5).
- Samuel took Saul up to the roof of the house and prepared a bed for him there (1 Samuel 9:25).
- The king will say, "I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink...When you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’ (Matthew 25: 34-40)
- If your enemies are hungry, give them food to eat. If they are thirsty, give them water to drink (Proverbs 25: 21).
- She (the virtuous woman) extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy (Proverbs 31: 20).
- Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do? (James 2:15)
- Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows (Isaiah 1:17).
- When the boy was older, his mother brought him back to Pharaoh’s daughter, who adopted him as her own son. The princess named him Moses (Exodus 2:10).
- Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help (Isaiah 58:7).
- Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him (Acts 10:38).
- There was a believer in Joppa named Tabitha (which in Greek is Dorcas). She was always doing kind things for others and helping the poor (Acts 9:36).
- A Jewish man was … attacked by bandits. They … left him half dead beside the road. Then a despised Samaritan came along … soothed his wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them (Luke 10: 30-34).
- Mary took a twelve-ounce jar of expensive perfume made from essence of nard, and she anointed Jesus’ feet with it, wiping his feet with her hair. (John 12:3).
- Kindness Ideas | Random Acts of Kindness
A collection of ideas that will help you do kindness every day of your life.
© 2015 Dora Weithers