- Religion and Philosophy»
Dalai Lama Quotes and Sayings About Kindness and Compassion
14th Dalai Lama a spiritual and political leader
The Dalai Lama
The 14thDalai Lama, spiritual leader of the Tibetan people, is an amazing human being. His name means “ocean of wisdom”. He travels around the world lecturing on peace and unity between countries, religions and people. He truly has inspirational words for all people. It is worth looking into this amazing man. There is much information about him on the web and in print, you won’t be disappointed, his story and wisdom is truly enlightening. You can check Youtube.com for videos of interviews, biography, and lectures. You can also find his verified account on Twitter (Dalai Lama @DalaiLama) https://twitter.com/#!/dalailama
- "Perhaps the most significant obstruction to inter-religious harmony is a lack of appreciation of the value of others' faith traditions."
- "My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
- "Through kindness, affection, honesty, truth and justice toward all others we ensure our own benefit – this is a matter of common sense."
- "Compassion is the foundation of a good heart, the heart of one who acts out of a desire to help others."
- "By being inattentive to the needs of others, inevitably we end up harming them."
- "Through developing an attitude of responsibility toward others, we can begin to create the kinder, more compassionate world we all dream of."
- "In the modern world, the interests of a particular community can no longer be considered to lie within the confines of its own boundaries."
- "To the extent that suffering awakens our empathy and causes us to connect with others, it can serve as the basis of compassion and love."
- "Love and compassion are necessities not luxuries, without them humanity cannot survive."
- "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito."
Other Hubs By Kim
- Aldous Huxley Short Bio and Quotes
This is a short bio about the controversial writer and poet Aldous Huxley. He wrote extensively about Utopian societies and the prospect of complete government control in the future. He was possibly best know for his book "Brave New World" and Essay
- Quotes for Happiness By Master Ryuho Okawa of Happy Science
Master Ryuho Okawa of Happy Science, spreads the true science of happiness through his teachings. Here are a few excerpts.
- C.S Lewis Short Bio With Quotes
A short bio about C.S. Lewis and a collection of quotes. Included is a short list of some of his books.
Dalai Lama "Finding a Purpose in Life"
- The Dalai Lama's 18 Rules for Living - YouTube
At the start of the new millennium the Dalai Lama issued eighteen rules for living.
- Dalai Lama Finding Purpose in Life - YouTube
Dalai Lama on the power of compassion. From dalailamadvds.com