- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
A BEGINNERS GUIDE TO PRAYER - PRAYING SCRIPTURES
You are new to this and don’t know what to say to God. You can’t find the words and everything feels awkward. Friend, then this page is for YOU!!
I have made it easy and will lead you on a path of scripture prayer, that’s the way I started having a conversation with God. By using scripture prayers, you can’t go wrong, God just loves His own Words being read back to Him. Why? Because, the Word of God comes from God and is pure, powerful and living. I have given a few basic prayers here taken from the Bible, which you can also mark in your own bible. I’ve used a color marker blue for all the prayer scriptures I found in the bible. Thus next time it is so much easier to find a passage, you then just scan your eyes over all the blue passages. So have I also done with other kinds of scripture, like pink for promises, purple for laws, green for spirit stuff, orange for general wisdom and sayings, yellow for fear, red for sin and the devil and so forth.
Now, all you need to do is find a nice place to pray. Pick a few passages that you like or read the whole lot. Read the following out loud as in prayer, then ending your prayer/s with; “IN JESUS NAME, AMEN”
You can do this every day till you feel comfortable to talk to God about everyday problems, struggles, joyful events, and telling Him from your heart that you love Him. Don’t worry. This will come; Rome was not build in a day. These scriptures will be sufficient for the beginning, and to see to all your needs. God is not unintelligent, He knows what you need, and He knows that you are trying your best to communicate with Him. And He loves you for at least trying!!
9. After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven. 11. Give us this day our daily bread. 12. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. (Matt 6:9-13)
29. And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, 30. By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. (Acts 4:29-30)
25. Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26. But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: 27. To God only wise, [be] glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen. (Rom 16:25-27)
10. Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for [your] food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;) 11. Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. (2Cor 9:10-11)
17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19. And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20. Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places], 21. Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22. And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church, 23. Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. (Eph 1:17-23)
16. That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17. That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18. May be able to comprehend with all saints what [is] the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21. Unto him [be] glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (Eph 3:16-21)
9. And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and [in] all judgment; 10. That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; 11. Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God. (Phil 1:9-11)
9. For this cause we also, since the day we heard [it], do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10. That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11. Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; 12. Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: (Col 1:9-12)
2. That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3. In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. (Col 2:2-3)
20. Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21. Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen. (Heb 13:20-21)
5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (Jas 1:5)
10. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle [you]. 11. To him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. (1Pet 5:10-11)
“IN JESUS NAME, AMEN”
OTHER SCRIPTURES ABOUT PRAYER
These are not prayers, but scriptures about prayer. Like for instance Matt 18:19-20 tells you that if you and a friend would pray together and agree wholeheartedly about what you are praying for, then your prayer will most surely be heard by God and Jesus will be right there with you while praying. These are here to give background information about prayer.
19. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. (Matt 18:19-20)
21. Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. 22. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. (Matt 21:21-22)
This tells you that if you believe God to be worthy of being a God and Father, and that He will look after you and do and give what is best for you, then you have faith in God. If you believe God is bad, then you do not have faith in God. If you have faith in God, then God can do even more for you than what you have asked of Him.
13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it]. (John 14:13-14)
This says that you must ask in Jesus Name, meaning, ending your prayer with “In Jesus Name, Amen”
26. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God. (Rom 8:26-27)
This scripture tells you that you could ask Holy Spirit to help you with your prayer and to also pray for you. Just ask “I ask Holy Spirit to intercede for me according to Romans 8:26-27.”
6. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (Phil 4:6)
This tells you that you can ask God for everything that you need and then thank Him.
14. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15. And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. (1John 5:14-15)
This tells you that if you ask for good things, then you will have confidence with God in His presence, but if you ask God to help you rob a bank, then you could just know that He will not listen to you.
THE PRAYER FOR SALVATION
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
If you wish to receive this Love of God and be one of His very own children and want to go to heaven for ever; if you wish to be free; if you wish for Jesus to help you with everything in your life; and if you do not belong to Jesus Christ yet, pray the following saying the words out loud:
Lord Jesus Christ, I welcome You as my Lord and Savior. I invite You to come live in my heart. I ask and thank You for the forgiveness of all my sins. I ask to teach me about You and Your ways. Thank You Lord that I now belong to the Kingdom of Heaven. I receive You now. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Celebrate, you now belong to the Kingdom of Heaven and are a rightful child of God Himself!!
- A BEGINNERS GUIDE TO THE SPIRITUAL WARFARE - HOW TO
A BEGINNERS GUIDE TO CARNAL WARFARE Step by step instruction on how to neutralize enemy strongholds and gain victory over evil and misfortune. Are you under demon attacks? Do you believe you...
- A LIST OF OVER A 100 BIBLE VERSES (SCRIPTURES) FOR THE BEGINNER
Here is a bible verse list of more than 100 scriptures for the beginner Christian to memorize. These bible verses range from God's promises, wisdom, relationship, teaching and some important ones for...
- TOTALLY FREE CHRISTIAN BIBLE SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS
In these days everything is about money, well, good news for Christians, here are some absolutely free programs for download that can assist them greatly in their learning experience and their walk with God....
- HOW TO READ THE BIBLE - THE SPIRITUAL SECRET REVEALED
This is a whole Spiritual Process that has to complete...those verses that you painted all colors are the first phase of your own personal message from God. The bible is multi dimensional and warps time, thus its not subjected to any given time law.