A Book of Remembrance Will Be Written, Before God, in Honor of Those Who Fear Him
Those Who Fear God.
I was blessed when I read this scripture: Malachi 3:13 - 16, especially verse 16 – so much, that I have decided to write a Hub Page about it.
Firstly, do you know that the Word of God, the Bible speaks about the book of life? All of God's children should know about the Lamb's book of life; If your name is not written in it, you are lost.
The Bible also mentions another book, the book of Remembrance.
Malachi - 13: Your words have been harsh against Me, Says the LORD, Yet you say, what have we spoken against You?
Verse 14: You have said, It is useless to serve God; What profit is it that we have kept His ordinance, And that we have walked as mourners Before the LORD of hosts?
Verse 15: So now we call the proud blessed, for those who do wickedness are raised up; They even tempt God and go free.
Verse 16: Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, And the LORD listened and heard them; So a book of remembrance was written before Him For those who fear the LORD And who meditate on His name.
Verse 13: "Your words have been harsh against Me, says the LORD."
God accuses them of calling Him into account for what was happening within the World, their personal lives and in their families’ lives. They are experiencing difficult times, Recession, all kinds of natural disasters, wars and Covird 19 and sicknesses.
These are times when we cry out to God, "Why, God"? Why are you allowing this to happen to me?
When are you going to intervene?
But He does not seem to be listening at us.
verses 14 and 15 "Yet you say, what have we spoken against You?"
They did not feel that their accusations were against God, but He gives them an example in verses 14-15.
The faithful can see that these others are not very godly. Maybe they see that "the proud" are sinning openly, breaking the commandments of God. They see them practicing false religion or following man made traditions, but yet they accuse God of doing wrong, not seeing themselves as the perpetrators. Maybe the proud do not have a submissive, teachable, quiet, and gentle spirit. Maybe they are aggressive and assertive, and they have maneuvered themselves into a position of priority. And they seemed to be getting away with it!
Most people have lost hope in these last days because it seems useless to serve God and all his binding and demanding Laws.
It is not easy to serve God and to do all that God is asking us, turning away from following the World and its ways, to turn from traditional feasts and holidays that are in contradiction to God’s word.
Many people want to live their lives as they please, but also have the benefits of God’s blessings. They do not know God and therefore they are accusing Him of everything that is wrong in their lives. They are speaking against God because they do not know Him personally, but only have heard of Him!
The Ekklesia - Called Out Ones.
Notice that the faithful people, as part of the ekklesia, reacted differently to the difficult times they were enduring . All of God's faithful people today should be doing the same:
- They feared God. They respected and revered Him. They looked for the truth about God and stood in awe of Him, and even felt a measure of holy terror.
- They thought on His name. They meditated on His true names. It can suggest that they esteemed His name. They spoke highly of it. They honored Him. His name, of course, stands for everything that He is. He does not have just one name, He has many names. They showed, or advertised, what He is, what He will do, and what He requires from us.
- They proclaimed the true name of God’s Son, our Saviour - Yeshua the Messiah. They fellowshipped together and drew closer to one another on the Sabbath. No doubt they spoke of the truth that God has shown them, their trials and their blessings, about the things that were going on in the ekklesia, of their studies into God's Word, of their plans, of their expectations of the Kingdom of God! God watched and responded, maybe not when they would have liked Him to respond, but God did respond in His time, when it was right for His purposes.
- They triumphed over Satan by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of their Testimony, they did not love their lives unto death.
The Book of Remembrance.
So will He respond to us!
Then God makes a wonderful promise to those who fear Him: A Book of remembrance will be written because of those listening and doing God's will. "They shall be Mine," says the LORD of hosts, on that day that I make them My jewels [special treasure].
And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him" (verse 17).
The world can scream, rant and rave, but we, the blood-washed children of God, must make a stand for God’s truth, a stand for His true Word, exposing the lies of the enemy and telling people to wait upon the Lord for salvation.
We must show His love, His compassion, His glory, HIs mercy and His grace through the lives that we lead. We must proclaim His Holy name, not only in Churches, but at every opportunity.
Did this Bible study helped you in any way?
Links to go Study.
- What Hindrances or Blockages Are There in Your Praye...
Have you ever felt that sometimes when you pray; it feels as though your prayer is not heard? Have you ever felt that it does not help to pray because you are praying against the ceiling?
- Where do we stand with tithing in the New Testament
I was just like the millions of other people in church who never even stops to consider whether we were taught the True doctrines of God. Come let's look for the truth in Tithes.
- Breaking down ungodly altars by casting out demons!
Deliverance of a young demon possessed woman. We began ministering to her and found out that she had been involved in satanism as a teenager.
- Stop Mixing Gods Word with Hollywoods lies!
There are two ways of knowing the Bible, namely; the true unpolluted Word of God and the Hollywood way of half truths and lies.
- The Christian battle, see how and what is going on i...
There is a battle going on in the spiritual realm and you are a part of it, wether you like it or not. The Christian battle, come see what is going on in the Spiritual Realm.
© 2010 Louis Fourie