- Religion and Philosophy
A Call to Boldness: Christians are Not Called to Be like Mice
There was a time where Christianity came with claws. We stood for what we believed. We were bold about the truth and were fearless in living it out. But, as time has worn on, our boldness has worn off. We are afraid of the persecution Jesus promised we would suffer. We are too nice and we let a sin filled world call the shots. If we see something we don't agree with, we simply talk about it. And our actions remain in words alone. Except, words only go so far.
The Modern Day Christian
The problem with modern day Christianity is the failure to take action. And as my generation transitions into the next, I see a world that wants nothing to do with God. Do you know why? The wrong voices are taking action; and the right voices aren't saying a thing. Let me back up this claim with some examples.
If you can, name a show that makes fun of homosexuality without consequences. Hard to do? The reason is action. I do not condone the homosexual agenda and I stand strong on my beliefs. But, I have to say that the L.G.B.T does a fantastic job of defending their beliefs: we will not be mocked! And they aren't.
- Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty loses his job after his comments. He is only brought back because his family threatens to quit the show.
- CEO of Chick-Fil-A is immediately labelled a close minded bigot after standing against gay marriage.
- The Benham brothers HGTV show Flip It Forward gets cancelled before ever airing because they are anti-gay activists.
In all honesty, the satanist movement has baffled me the most. I never thought I would see the day. But, the day has come:
- In Florida public schools, the satanist movement has actually created a coloring book, with connect the dots to form a pentagram and all. And they are working very hard to implement them into public schools.
- In Oklahoma, in opposition to The Ten Commandments statue that sits outside of city hall, the satanist movement has been trying to erect a statue of their own: satan sits on a throne with a child on each side gazing up at him in admiration. The argument for this travesty? Religious freedom should not just apply to Christians. If you can have The Ten Commandments, we can have a statue too.
- In Oklahoma City at the civic center a black mass was held. Dozens attended.
Atheism has risen in popularity over the years, primarily in America. I think it has something to do with a country where you are given the illusion of control. And the atheist movement has worked very hard to strip this country of God. Their favorite argument is Church and State:
- Enough atheist parents have made enough noise that crosses are being taken down all over the country. In schools, in city halls, in all public places.
- Outrage over the pledge of allegiance has helped raised the question if it should be taken out of schools altogether. They claim it is against their freedom of religion to even have it offered in schools. To paraphrase: 'god isn't something we should be forced to acknowledge.'
There is a Lion in Us All
These are just a handful of examples. More and more are popping up daily. And my point is this. Every single one of these groups fight for what they believe in. When are we going to fight for what we believe in?
Jesus is my passion. He suffered incomprehensibly so that I wouldn't have to. He came to earth from the place of Highest Royalty to die a sinners death. He is the sacrificial Lamb Who washes us clean as snow. No other name causes me to well up when I think about what He's done for me. He is the name above all names, King of kings, and Lord of lords. It's time we start defending him as such.
If a program makes fun of our King, don't uncomfortably reposition as everyone else laughs. Make noise: Jesus Christ will not be mocked! Make noise! Start a fire and it will only spread.
We are not called to be mice, friends, but lions, because the Lion of Judah lives inside of us. 2nd Timothy 1: 7 says, "Jesus has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
Be bold and things will start to change. Let's take back this world for The King.