Capricorn and Virgo: Everything You Need to Know about This Pairing
Virgo + Capricorn
A Virgo and Capricorn couple will naturally come together because both are dominated by the earth element. The problem for this relationship is both of these people tend to have loner tendencies, so they may struggle to start a romance.
Virgo is one of the most independent and single signs of the zodiac. Virgo is the mutable earth sign of summer. The sign works hard and likes to work with his hands. Virgos are often workaholics. They see effort as money earned, so they'll work long and hard shifts, they'll save up their money, and they'll look for ways they can conserve and cut corners.
Virgo is smart, opinionated, and often feels they are right. They excel at learning, and they can have quite the hidden temper that might elude some signs.
Capricorn is the cardinal earth sign of winter. She is focused on survival and having a long life. She will avoid people and hoard objects to survive challenging seasons. She has long term visions and moves slowly. Capricorns are the most family oriented sign of the zodiac. They work hard, so their family can prosper.
Capricorn cares about what is in her inventory and makes sure those close to her have their basic needs met. Capricorn knows how to live in times of trouble or how to live in rough terrains. This is someone who will stay in a committed relationship through sickness and health.
Virgo and Capricorn at a Quick Glance
August 23 to September 22
December 22 to January 19
End of Summer
Beginning of Winter
Hard worker, cerebral, practical, perfectionist, strong etiquette, independent.
Hermit, family oriented, serious, mature, wise, cunning.
Protectors of the Earth
Virgo and Capricorn will get along because they come from a similar mindset. They both want to be practical, they enjoy traditions (though Virgo is a bit of a rebel), and they like working hard.
Virgo has a tendency to keep things clean while Capricorn can be somewhat messy. Virgo is interested in success, but Capricorn is interested in survival. The two move slow and steadily. They're not easily mislead by charms, and they have pretty good control over their impulses.
Together these two would be a powerful force for just about any project. Virgo's perfectionism will guarantee accuracy of details, while Capricorn works hard to get things completed. Sometimes Virgo runs into problems of trying to be perfect and then falling into procrastination. Capricorn sometime gets slow and takes a long time to attack his plans. They're on a similar wavelength with their goals and world outlook, which is ideal in a relationship.
This is a couple who thrives on embracing the physical, outside world. A clean home will do wonders for them, but this won't be easy for Capricorn who tends to hoard and clutter up their space. Resourcefulness can also lead to materialism and an overabundance of items.
Earth Elements Need Time Outside
The two need to be out in nature. They would do well to join a cause that helps the planet, whether challenging global warming, getting into urban farming, building their own garden, or working on energy projects. The two need to work on proper discipline so that their goals materialize. Money as an incentive works exceptionally well for this pair.
Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn are nourished by going outside. They need to hear the birds sing, gardening does their souls wonders, and a hike through the wilderness is refreshing. They like being grounded and taking note of the planet. They believe beauty is in nature, not in technology.
Earth Signs Are Humble
Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn like neutral tones. They do well in environments that are not too flashy. They like for things to be somewhat toned done and logical. They're always looking for the tried and true path. They have a keen eye for success.
Earth signs are very good managers of resources. They add organization into the zodiac. They're smart, but they don't have to brag about it. They want people to feel at ease and comfortable in their midst.
Traditions, Family, and Structure
Capricorn is looking for a family while Virgo is looking for individuality. Capricorn believes having a good family will help you to survive the difficult parts of life. Family is also a traditional way that our species prolongs itself. Virgo puts more focus on the self than the family unit. Virgo sees survival more about one's own individuality and choices.
Capricorn and Virgo both want a relationship that's sustainable, stable, safe, and smart. Virgo is someone who likes to analyze data and make sense of disorganized thoughts. Capricorn likes to take Virgo's findings and apply those to the real world.
This pair can have a long lasting relationship that ends only in death. They're both reasonable people, and they have practical approaches. They're both resilient in times of hardship and can persevere through just about anything.
Tips to Make this Relationship Work
1. Routine is your best friend. You'll find that doing things at home by clockwork, sticking to schedules, and keeping things consistent will bring peace to the relationship. Both of you thrive off consistency and try to make it a real facet of your lives.
2. Stick to budgets, use coupons, look for deals, and clean out clutter in the house. Methods to conserve energy will help you succeed at your goals. When you have too much, be generous and give away. Avoid hoarding items out of fear that you don't have enough.
3. Go on regular dates. It may be the same date on repeat forever, but go on dates to bring energy into the relationship. As earth signs, you have to work a little harder to be vulnerable.
4. Step away from technology and get your hands into the ground. Both of you do well with real, practical work and doing it together makes sense to the both of you. A Virgo and Capricorn garden space will look beautiful.
5. Go on vacations that bring you out into nature. The two of you like exploring and you like having vacations that are practical and don't break the budget.
6. Be considerate of people and don't judge them for their differences. Their perspectives and priorities may carry them in a different way. Those who are highly creative may come off messy and impractical to you, but they offer different solutions to the world that you might not be seeing. Be brave to be open minded.
7. Allow Virgo to flourish to his or her true strength. A strong Virgo can make an incredible academic, thinker, or leader. Virgo should not be held back, but should be allowed to grow. Do not let the routines of life bury the Virgo. Constantly encourage them to push themselves more and reassure them that perfection isn't possible... you can still be on target and have some loose details. Your energy into your work is important even if it isn't at 100%.
8. This couple will flourish by making practical guidelines. Start your 401K early, build up a stock portfolio, have a side hustle that brings in money along your main source of income, and schedule everything.
9. When your family grows in size, remember that your priority first is your partner. Your children need to see that you both love each other, and when you love your spouse first, it will be easier to love your children. Children soak up their parents' romance more than they think. Your children will eventually grow up and leave the house. Your goal is to raise them to be independent adults who can live on their own. Your spouse is for the long haul.
10. Be slow to anger and quick to love. Be careful about your temper and what frustrates you. Do not burden yourself with anger or grudges. Let go and forgive.
Acts of Service
Both of you may communicate love through acts of service: such as taking out the trash, changing car oil, and unloading the dishwasher. Acts of service is a common way that earth elements express love. But remember: there are other ways to express love in a relationship. It's best to mix in those ways to give your relationship a full, rounded feel to it.
Do not forget the power of touch. Your partner needs affection. Give hugs, hold hands, and kiss. When you stop doing these simple things, it can spell trouble in a relationship.
As practical as the Virgo and Capricorn are, a gift can go a long way to letting someone know you care about them. If you are crafty, make them gifts. Give them the prettiest flowers of the garden. Also, buy them something they've always wanted or has special meaning to them.
Couples need affirmation. Use your words to let the other person know you understand them and appreciate the qualities they have. Write messages and leave them around the house about why you care about them. Open up. Be vulnerable.
spending time with someone is an investment. The more time is spent into the relationship, the more value is understood by the other person. This is also a staple of an earth element's needs.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2019 Andrea Lawrence