- Religion and Philosophy»
- Angels & Demons
Angels And Demons Collide
The war for souls is thickening. Am I the only one who sees and feels the war raging harder than ever before? No, there are others that can see it.
I know that God has me in a position deep in the bowels of this warfare. I have felt the attacks of the enemy from many sides. I have felt angels protecting and Jesus guiding my words both written and spoken. I will trust His guiding hand and not my own or any others.
As countries and nations crumble, God's majesty reigns strong. As governments tumble and falter, the people will cry out to Him. It saddens me that it would take such catastrophe to wake mankind up, but it must be.
Why do I write these words? The Holy Spirit has led me to do so.
Lately, both Maria and myself have had attack after attack from unlikely sources. We have questioned my being here, our love, our faith. As we delve deeper into the Words of God, attacks grow stronger.
Why would God have me come to this island to just leave again?
I feel both good and evil forces here and only through prayer can they be defeated. I must keep writing, because the devil doesn't want me writing.
We, as men and women can be too concerned about these Earthly things, when in all actuality, they are just very temporary. Why did God make us lights in this world for us to live in cocoons and hide that light? We are not to do as sinners do, but it is our job to show our light. For it is written:
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Matthew 5:15
Are we hiding from the world or are we showing how Jesus changed us?
Who Is Using You?
I have watched and heard people who claim Christianity actually trying to destroy and stop ministries of people spreading Jesus. It is usually because they think the ministry needs to be done "their" way.
I have discovered God uses many means and ways. He uses people that have been believers all their life and He uses people that have known Him only for days, even hours. Satan tries to copy God and will try to use the same methods.
So how do we fight the forces coming against God and us? Ephesians 6: 10-20 gives us that answer:
10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
What Is A Christian?
The time is short. Army upon army is gathered near the place where Armageddon will occur. Earthquakes under the ocean have happened more frequently than ever before. Children are overruling their parents. Economies of nations are crumbling. These are all prophecies and much of the world just acts as if it's all normal.
Many people believe in God; even the devil believes in God. Saying you believe in God does not make you a Christian. Saying you believe in Jesus doesn't make you a Christian. Following all the laws and being "good" doesn't make you a Christian.
Asking Jesus into your heart and accepting the gift He gave you when He died and rose again; making Him Lord of your life makes you a Christian.
Doing this will save you. I won't say it will make you prosperous; I won't tell you you won't still face stress, trials and tribulations, but I will tell you you will spend eternity in Heaven.
Look at the followers of Christ who are all in Heaven. Following Christ didn't necessarily make life on Earth easier. It may have made it even harder, but Earth is just temporary. Many of them died in very tragic ways, but they are with Jesus and in glory. That is what this is all about.
I am making a list below that tells how many of the followers of Jesus died. Thing is: they are not burning for eternity.
How Each Disciple Died
- Andrew-Andrew preached to the Scythians [modern day Georgia] and Thracians [modern day Bulgaria], and was crucified, suspended on an olive tree, at Patrae, a town of Achaia [Greece]; and there too he was buried.
- Bartholomew-Bartholomew, again, preached to the Indians, to whom he also gave the Gospel according to Matthew, and was crucified with his head downward, and was buried in Allanum, a town of the great Armenia [modern day southern Georgia].
- James son of Alphaeus-And James the son of Alphaeus, when preaching in Jerusalem, was stoned to death by the Jews, and was buried there beside the temple.
- James son of Zebedee-James, his brother, when preaching in Judea, was cut off with the sword by Herod the tetrarch, and was buried there.
- John-John, again, in Asia, was banished by Domitian the king to the isle of Patmos, in which also he wrote his Gospel and saw the apocalyptic vision; and in Trajan's time he fell asleep at Ephesus, where his remains were sought for, but could not be found
- Judas Iscariot-Judas betrayed Jesus and took his own life by hanging himself.
- Matthew-Matthew wrote the Gospel in the Hebrew tongue, and published it at Jerusalem, and fell asleep at Hierees, a town of Parthia.\224 [Parthia is near modern day Tehran]
- Philip-Philip preached in Phrygia, and was crucified in Hierapolis with his head downward in the time of Domitian, and was buried there.
- Simon (who is called Peter)-Peter preached the Gospel in Pontus, and Galatia, and Cappadocia, and Betania, and Italy, and Asia, and was afterwards crucified by Nero in Rome with his head downward, as he had himself desired to suffer in that manner.
- Simon the Zealot-Simon the Zealot, the son of Clopas, who is also called Jude, became bishop of Jerusalem after James the Just, and fell asleep and was buried there at the age of 120 years.
- Thaddaeus(also called Jude)-Jude, who is also called Lebbaeus, preached to the people of Edessa, and to all Mesopotamia, and fell asleep at Berytus, and was buried there.
- Thomas-And Thomas preached to the Parthians, Medes, Persians, Hyrcanians, Bactrians, and Margians, and was thrust through in the four members of his body with a pine spear at Calamene, the city of India, and was buried there.
I know that I will probably get attacked after writing this hub. Not necessarily by other people, but by the evil one. he was hoping I would stop writing, that is why I have had the attacks I have had.
I know God loves me and I am standing on His promises. I pray that the life He has given me will all be done for His glory and not my own or anyone else.
Do you want Jesus in your heart. Here is a very simple prayer. God just wants your attention and worship. He wants you to accept what He has freely given you. This prayer from an honest heart, He will listen to:
I am a sinner and I come to you asking your mercy and grace.
I know I am not worthy, but I beg your forgiveness and I thank you for your love.
Will you please accept me Lord?
Will you please help me Lord?
I thank you and ask your guidance to set my path straight.
In Jesus' name I pray
If you have a Bible, read it. Don't have one, contact me and I will find someone who will get you one quickly.
I pray that many will accept God's grace before it's too late!
© 2011 Greg Boudonck