Do You Misunderstand Your Fellow Christian? What do Christians Really Think?
From a young age, I have always been misunderstood. Yeah. But even more as an adult I think, since I began to VOICE my opinions.
I am misunderstood as a person. What my intentions are. What my thoughts are. What my true feelings are.
But let's talk about my Faith. That's probably even MORE misunderstood!
Hatred for Christianity?
A true believer is someone that should make you FEEL good. Like a light in the darkness. If this is not the case, you are NOT speaking with a true believer.
Of course, true believers are NOT perfect. But let me just dispel some erroneous opinions.
Misconceptions About What Christians Think or Believe
Out of pure love, I risk talking about God on a regular basis. Why? Because I care enough to share my faith. Why? Because if it helped me, it will help some. And it's worth it to me, to help some.
Common misconceptions about Christians:
- A hatred for gays (NOPE) (That's against Jesus' teachings and against ((LOVE)) (Loving your neighbor as yourself--the greatest commandment)
- Boring and never want to have fun
- Judgmental about everything
- Against human rights or woman's rights.....
- What else? They hate sex, and rock and roll?!! HA!I
I guess you get the picture. Well.
What Christians Believe
- Love people. Love helping people. (Remember REAL, TRUE Christians.....)
- Are willing to look foolish to tell the truth. LOL.
- Many are very interesting, vivacious, and charismatic!!!
- They do fun stuff. They go to bars and play pool, sing karaoke
- Love gays. I do. The church does, and God does. (God does not condone homosexuality in the bible, but that doesn't mean he hates PEOPLE. And, that does not mean that gay sex, is more of a sin than other sins. What about fornication, adultery, lustful thoughts, lying, stealing, cheating, taking the Lord's name in vain, or other sins? Who's to say which sin is worse?
- They believe woman should be treated with respect and honored. Says in the bible woman should submit to their husbands (show respect) but it also say in the same paragraph that husbands should LOVE their wives as their own BODIES (as themselves.)
Is It Necessary To Preach?
Jesus told the Apostles to "Go into every nation and preach the gospel and He that is baptized and believeth shall be saved."
Well yes it is. But you can do it by your ACTIONS and not even TALK about it much, really. Is that what I personally want to do? NO! Why? I like to talk because....
- I have been very depressed in my Past. And God/prayer is all that helped me when NO ONE else was there to comfort me. Are there times like this for EVERYONE? YES!!!!!!!!! I have to out of integrity to tell people about God, in case they forgot, or haven't been told in a nice way....(I TRY to be nice!!!!!) that they are loved.....
- I (think) I'm pretty good at explaining it. At least I try to. And some Christians are meant to preach/talk and some not to. Maybe I'm meant to talk.
I believe that many....don't want God because....They think they'll stop having fun! On the contrary do you realize how quickly my depression goes away? What's worth more? Is sin really fun? Does it lead to joy?
Uplifting prayers (some examples) and scriptures
Oh great Passion! O deep wounds! Oh meekness! Oh God of meekness....
Have mercy on me, and grant my request if it be for the salvation of my soul.
My Jesus, pardon and mercy by the merits of thy holy wounds.
Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless, and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly on me, and increase Thy mercy in me, that in Difficult moments we may not despair, nor become despondent, but in great confidence, seek Thy holy will which is love and mercy itself. Amen.
The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want. He maketh me to lay down in green pastures. He restoreth my soul.
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High shall abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my rock and my fortress, my God in Him will I trust.
If someone (like myself) brings up faith as a coping skill for depression does it anger you?
Christian Beliefs Quizview quiz statistics
My book The Road To Mental Health for those with depression....
Thank you for your time. It was a pleasure to have you stop by and read one of my articles.
Have a wonderful day!