- Religion and Philosophy»
- Paranormal Beliefs & Experiences
Are You Ignoring the Psychic Within?
Intuition is Your Sixth Sense
The question is not, are you psychic, but whether or not you have special psychic abilities, often referred to as extra sensory perception (ESP). Science begins as little more than the tedious investigation of human intuition. Hypotheses come from intuition, a hunch or presentiment about something that is as yet unproven. Without intuition, there can be no meaningful hypothesis, no relative insight to pursue.
Intuition plays a strong role in decision making whether one is a homicide detective, card shark or a commercial airline pilot. Perceptive detectives often take a different approach than circumstantial evidence suggests and follow their intuition. A professional poker player reads opponents by sensing their masked emotions. Long before a pilot declares an in-flight emergency, he or she may have a sense – as opposed to any physical or mechanical indication - that something is not right. These folks and all of us have an innate sixth sense. Intuition plays a strong role in our decision making, like when you decide for no apparent reason it’s just not the right time to ask for that overdue raise. Your intuition, also defined as insight, perception or presentiment about people, places and things, past and present, is your sixth sense - a seed of super-consciousness that every legitimate psychic developed over a period of time.
There Are Many Different Types of Paranormal Abilities
The differences between our sixth sense and those of accomplished psychics are twofold. Some psychics are born with higher functioning intuition just as other people are born with a high-performance aptitude for music, math, language and other talents. Still more have discovered ways to tap into hidden realms of existence through the study and practice of parapsychology, the investigation of paranormal and psychic phenomena which include telepathy, precognition, clairvoyance, psycho kinesis, near-death experiences, reincarnation, apparitional experiences, and other paranormal genres. Unfortunately, for reasons that include religious indoctrination, fear and predisposed skepticism, most people never fully develop their intuitive abilities.
How to Tell if You are Psychic
Psychics and mediums may be clairvoyant and possess the ability to see people and events from the past and future and from different realms, according to parapsychologists and experts in the field. However, sometimes confused with clairvoyants, mediums are often limited to connecting with spirit in other realms, including contact from disceased individuals. Another group of people, empaths (“feelers”) are individuals who feel the energy around them, and can tell how you are feeling and purportedly move energies around inside sick people to make them well. While the variations of psychic abilities are virtually endless, there are some rather simple ways to recognize the power of your own intuition or even the paranormal aptitude of people close to you.
- Having déjà vu often or, “flashing”, (visions of future events that come true) are associated with psychic ability.
- Out of body or near-death experiences, according to psychics, can be intense methods that “spirit” uses to prompt one’s interest in the paranormal.
- Feeling inexplicable connections or strong feelings about people you meet could signal natural empath abilities; psychics also believe one may be experiencing a connection to someone from a past life.
- A common early indicator of psychic ability is thinking of someone only to have them call, or to unexpectedly meet up with them.
- An example of a psychic phenomenon known as remote viewing would be slowing down for no apparent reason while driving just before a careless pedestrian walks in front of your car. In other words, having an automatic response to something that has not yet occurred a short time before it happens.
- Having vivid dreams about people who have passed; also, without first thinking of them, smelling a deceased person’s favorite pipe tobacco or the scent of entering their home, may represent paranormal ability.
- Additionally, if you have strong feelings that something good or bad is about to happen and it does, you definitely might want to explore parapsychology and try developing your skills.
Developing your abilities as a psychic often requires a shift in personal beliefs and an acceptance that your psychic abilities are an inherent part of your being as it was created. There is a natural flow of psychic ability in all of us just waiting to be tapped. Still, in some cases, it’s probably best to let sleeping dogs lie.