- Religion and Philosophy
BECOME LITTLE CHILDREN
Jesus in Matthew 18:3 said, "Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
The metaphor of adult Christians as little children submitting peacefully and automatically to God, and not being self willed is of utmost importance. Complete submission to God is required for entry into the heavenly kingdom,
First they must be converted and then become as little children. When they are baptized in the name of Jesus, they are buried unto His death on the cross and become newly born children or newly born Christians emerge from the baptism. Their sins are forgiven and they start afresh. As new babes, they hardly know anything about God and it takes time for babies to mature into full grown Christians.
Jesus emphasized the word "little" and not just children, Why is it so important? When children are little, they are completely dependent on their mothers for their food, shelter and clothing. Children when young do not quarrel, bargain or talk back to their parents. They are absolutely docile, eat what is given, do not choose the colour or style of their clothing and live where their parents live. No tantrums, no stipulation, but complete submission. This is what Christians
should be like. No argument, and no anger but sweet compliance and reliance unto God for everything.
Submission unto God
Young children will cry when hungry and stop when they are fed and satisfied. Then they will probably belch and go back to sleep contently until they go hungry again and start crying for their milk again. The lives of young children are often uncomplicated. All they do is cry for milk and for mothers to be attentive to their need to be satisfied, Just fill them with milk and they are satisfied.
1. James 4:7
- Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
2. Corinthians 16:16
- That ye submit yourselves unto such, and to every one that helpeth with us, and laboureth.
3. Ephesians 5:21, 24
- Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of the Lord,
- Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ,
Milk - Food for Children
Babies and little children depend on milk for their food for they have no teeth and cannot chew any meat or other food that must be chewed into tiny bits and swallowed. Likewise newly baptized Christians also depend on soft food which is easily digestible for little ones, and the best food is mother's milk which is nutritious and easily absorbed into the food canal. No matter how smart or intellectual a new Christian is, he or she must undergo the same process of a child before he or she can absorb the doctrines of Christianity.
1. 1 Corinthians 3:2
- I have fed you with milk, and not meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
2. 1 Peter 2:2
- As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
3. 1 Corinthians 14:20
- Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, in understanding be men.
4. Hebrews 5:13
- For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
Little ones do not have teeth to grind the food so they can swallow and digest their food, but need soft food without chewing at all. They do not talk back to their parents for they cannot talk.
Training A Child
Young children are like young creeping vine plants which must be trained to lean on straight posts so the plants will grow strong and healthy. If parents do not train their young and allow them as they please, the children may grow up not knowing right from wrong and end up in the wrong tracks. They may end up being criminals.
1. Proverbs 22:6
- Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
2. Isaiah 38:19
- ... the father to the children shall make known thy truth.
3. Ephesians 6:4
- And ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath; but bring up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
4. 1 Timothy 3:4
- One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection, with all gravity.
Shelter Dependent on GOD
The young children are dependent on God for their shelter for they cannot decide for themselves what sort of accommodation they should have, whether good or bad. They cannot decide whether it should be a grand mansion, a high rise apartment or a hut in the wilderness. God decides our fate and we should be content with what is given us and we should be thankful for what we receive from God. He knows what is appropriate for us and we should accept it with gratitude and grace from God for He willingly provides us for our immediate needs.
Little children do not fight for prestige and power but accept what is given freely from God. It does not matter in their eyes if the place they live is luxuriously decorated or not. It is just a shelter from the weather and so long as they are comfortable, they do not cry out complaining.
Likewise, Christians should behave like little children whether the accommodation be a palace or a hovel. God knows what to give to all individuals. Children should look up to God for their shelter and God is strong like a rock which can withstand the strong winds, the tornadoes or what circumstance befalls them. God is our Rock.
1. Job 24:8
- They are wet with showers of the mountains, and embrace the rock for want of a shelter.
2. Samuel 22:32
- For who is God, save the Lord? and who is a rock, save our God.
3. 1 Corinthians 3:11
- For other foundation, can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
4. Psalms 94:22
- But the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge,.
5. Psalms 62:2
- He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
White Clothing - Be clothed in Humility
In the beginning when God created Adam and Eve, they were living naked and knew no sin. After they sinned they knew they were naked and tried to make leaves to hide the nakedness. God knew that they needed to hide their shame and made them clothing made of animals. God knows all our needs and according give us our needs. He will supply all our wants. Little children do not soil their clothes and keep their clothing clean. Metaphorically only those whose garments are clean and white are eligible to enter into the kingdom of God. Those with filthy garments are rejected. Young children are fully dependent on God and Christians must do likewise and always be humble and not ask for more than needed.
1. Matthew 6:31
- Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
2. 1 Peter 5:5
- ... and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
3. Job 29:14
- I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
4. Isaiah 61:10
- I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness,
5. Matthew 17:2
- And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
. Revelation 3:5
- He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment: and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Unless Christians become as little children, they have no hope of going into the kingdom of heaven. As young children who are wholly dependent on their parents for their food, shelter and clothing as necessities of life. Children do not worry at all for how they get their food, where they reside and how they are clothed. Our beloved God knows our needs on this temporary abode in the world will provide and equip every little minor details of our well being if only we fully depend on our gracious Lord, Redeemer and Saviour.
Christians must be like little children for they are completely dependent on their parents for they must be absolutely reliant on God for their food, shelter and clothing. Young children do not put on temper tantrums. When they are hungry, they cry for milk. When cold, they only cry and likewise when uncomfortable, all they also cry. Very young ones who are uncomfortable in any way just bawl until their need is satisfied. We must become like little children until the end of our lives in order to be admitted to heaven., Praise the Lord and bless the little ones!
PRIDE GOETH DESTRUCTION
RUN THE RACE WITH PATIENCE
ARE YOU LISTENING TO GOD?
GOD HAS ABSOLUTE POWER
Be Little Children
Christians must be like little children relying only or solely on God for their food, shelter and clothing. Adults do not become eligible to enter into heaven..
© 2013 einron