3 Powerful Rewards & Benefits of Reading Surah Mulk
Quick Facts about Surah Mulk
- Surah Mulk is the 67th Surah/Chapter of the Quran.
- Surah Mulk contains 30 ayahs/verses.
- It is a Makki Surah, i.e. revealed in Mecca.
- Meccan surahs emphasize man's relationship with God and as a result, Surah Mulk greatly improves ones Iman/Faith.
- Al-Mulk means "the Kingdom" or "the Dominion" of Almighty Allah.
- Surah Mulk starts out by praising Allah, to Whom belongs ALL dominion. Everything in the universe/multiverses belongs to Him Alone.
- The Surah reveals many key facts about the Kingdom of Allah, including the seven heavens and how the lowest heaven is adorned with meteors which act to drive away shayateen.
- It gives glad tidings to those who believe and warns those who rebel of a terrible chastisement.
- Surah Mulk poses many rhetoric and sparking questions to the disbelievers and to mankind in general such as, " Who is he that can provide for you if He should withhold His provision?" (67:21) and, "Should not He Who has created know [what is in your hearts]?" (67:14)
- It also poses a dialogue of rebellious questions that the disbelievers ask such as, "When will this promise (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) come to pass? if you are telling the truth." and the suitable answers that Allah gives.
- Translations of Surah Mulk above were extracted from noblequran.com
Let's find out the benefits of reading Surah Mulk:
1. Surah Mulk will be your Companion in the Grave
2. Surah Mulk Protects the reciter and saves a person from the punishment of Allah
3. Surah Mulk Intercedes for your Forgiveness
Action Steps for Gaining the Blessings of Surah Mulk
Now that we know the amazing benefits of Surah Mulk, we cannot just sit there and let these blessings pass us. Here are action steps that you can take:
1. Memorize Surah Mulk
Surah Mulk only has 30 verses. If you memorize one ayah a day, you can complete memorizing this jewel of a surah in just 1 month!
2. Read Surah Mulk Every Day
Set a routine for yourself, either after fajr or before bed time to take wudhu, pick up your Quran and recite Surah Mulk. If you can do this every day, you will be invoking the mercy of Allah and you have a good chance to be saved from his punishment.
3. Understand the Meanings
At the end of the day, if you're just reading Surah Mulk robotically without understanding the meaning, it won't do you much good. Take the time and effort to understand the meaning of each verse. Allah did not send down the Quran for us to just read in a melodious voice every now and then. No! He sent us the Quran such that we may reflect and understand. (12:2)
You can buy a tafsir (explanation) of the Quran or you can even watch explanations of Surah Mulk on YouTube. When you understand the profound meanings of Surah Mulk, your imaan will be strengthened and your taqwa in Allah will increase beyond bounds, in sha Allah.
Share your story!
Do you recite Surah Mulk everyday?
Watch this Beautiful Recital of Surah Mulk by Sheikh Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy
Don't miss this Amazing Explanation of Surah Mulk in Cambridge by Sheikh Akram Nadwi
- The Rewards and Benefits of Reading Surah Yaseen
Surah Yaseen is known as the "Heart of the Quran". Learn the benefits of reading Surah Yaseen everyday and let it motivate you to read and memorize this blessed Surah for more rewards in your life.