Bible Trivia on Good Looking Women in the Old Testament
The Bible Trivia has two sections. In the first section, you are required to name the good looking woman who is referred to in a statement quoted from the New King James Version (unless otherwise noted) of the Bible. Some statements are edited to prevent disclosure of the answer.
Get a notepad and pencil to jot down the answers you select from the multiple choices provided. Check for the correct answers at the end of the page.
However you do the quiz, alone or with a group, have fun remembering or learning for the first time! (See also Good Looking Men in the Old Testament.)
Section One: Name the Good Looking Woman
(1) She was a woman of good understanding and beautiful appearance; but the man was harsh and evil in his doings.
(a) Abigail | (b) Dinah | (c) Rechab
(2) Her sister’s eyes were delicate, but she was beautiful of form and appearance.
(a) Leah | (b) Rachel | (c) Ruth
(3) When he was close to entering Egypt, . . . he said to . . . his wife, “Indeed I know that you are a woman of beautiful countenance. Therefore . . . when the Egyptians see you, they will say, ‘This is his wife’; and they will kill me.”
(a) Bilha | (b) Rachel | (c) Sarah
(4) In all the land were found no women so beautiful as the daughters of Job; and he called the name of the first . . .
(a) Idala | (b) Jemima | (c) Keziah
(5) The young woman was very beautiful to behold, a virgin; no man had known her. And she went down to the well, filled her pitcher, and came up.
(a) Adina | (b) Rebekah | (c) Tamar
(6) From the roof he saw a woman bathing, and the woman was very beautiful to behold.
(a) Bathsheba | (b) Deborah | (c) Tabitha
(7) To Absalom were born three sons, and one daughter who . . . was a woman of beautiful appearance.
(a) Beulah | (b) Candace | (c) Tamar
(8) The girl was stunningly beautiful; she stayed at his side and looked after the king, but the king did not have sex with her (The Message Translation).
(a) Abishag | (b) Candace | (c) Paruah
(9) The young woman was lovely and beautiful. When her father and mother died, her cousin took her as his own daughter.
(a) Esther | (b) Delilah | (c) Priscilla
(10) I made you thrive like a plant in the field; and you grew, matured, and became very beautiful. Your breasts were formed, your hair grew, but you were naked and bare.
(a) Eve in the Garden of Eden
(b) The beloved in the Song of Solomon
(c) Jerusalem personified as God’s woman
Bible Trivia Answers - Section One
(1) a (1 Samuel 25:3)
(2) b (Genesis 29: 17)
(3) c (Genesis 12:10-12)
(4) b (Job 42:14)
(5) b (Genesis 24: 16, 27)
(6) a (2 Samuel 11:2)
(7) c (2 Samuel 14: 27)
(8) a (1 Kings 1:3, 4)
(9) a (Esther 2:7)
(10) c (Ezekiel 16:7)
Section Two: Complete the Sentence
Section Two may be a little more difficult. You are required to complete a statement about good looking women.
(1) In the love story in the Song of Solomon, the lover describes his beautiful beloved as having:
(a) eyes like an eagle’s | (b) hair like a flock of goats | (c) teeth like ivory towers
(2) The beloved in the Song of Solomon describes herself as “dark but lovely”—dark because:
(a) dark skin runs in her family | (b) her skin is bruised | (c) she has a tan
(3) King Ahasuerus commanded seven of his eunuchs to bring Queen Vashti before him, in order to show her beauty to the people. Queen Vashti refused to come, therefore:
(a) She was beheaded | (b) She was dethroned | (c) She was exiled
(4) Beautiful young women were called in, and one was to be selected to replace Vashti as Queen. Before meeting the king, each one had to be treated with oils and perfumes for a period of:
(a) Three months | (b) Six months | (c) Twelve months
(5) The men of Israel were instructed that if a man takes a good looking woman as a prisoner of war, she should mourn for one month before she could:
(a) Become his wife | (b) Change her clothes | (c) Cut her hair and nails
(6) Isaac dwelt in Gerar. And the men of the place asked about his wife. He was afraid to say, “She is my wife,” because he thought, “lest the men of the place kill me . . . because she is beautiful to behold.” Therefore he told the men:
(a) She’s my sister | (b) She’s my servant | (c) We’re not here together.
(7) The parents of Samson’s first wife gave her to Samson’s best man. Her father said he thought that Samson did not like her; but he had someone else “more beautiful” (The Message Translation) to offer to Samson. The woman the father offered was:
(a) A friend of Samson’s bride | (b) A sister of Samson’s bride | (c) One of the father’s wives
(8) In his description of a virtuous woman, the wise man says that beauty is:
(a) passing | (b) perfect | (c) precious
(9) According to the proverb, a lovely woman who lacks discretion is like:
(a) a rose bush in muddy soil | (b) a gold ring is a pig’s snout | (c) fresh water in filthy cistern
(10) In Job's latter days, his three beautiful daughters had:
(a) three brothers | (b) five brothers | (c) seven brothers
Bible Trivia Answers - Section Two
(1) b (Song of Solomon 4: 1)
(2) c (Song of Solomon 1: 5, 6)
(3) b (Esther 1: 10-12, 19)
(4) c (Esther 2: 12)
(5) a (Deuteronomy 21: 10-12)
(6) a (Genesis 26: 6, 7)
(7) b (Judges 15: 1, 2)
(8) a (Proverbs 31: 30)
(9) b (Proverbs 11:22)
(10) c (Job 42:13)
© 2013 Dora Weithers