Inspirational Bible Verses About Forgiveness
Bible Verses on Forgiving | Bible Verses on Being Forgiven
Are you looking for Bible Verses about Forgiveness? Then you've come to the right place.
Here Christians will find verses to reassure of God's offer of forgiveness, verses to celebrate God's Grace and verses to remind us of our responsibility to forgive others.
Many thanks to Melissa for making this image available: Bible Study by .:[ Melissa ]:.
God's Offer of Forgiveness
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9
- "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
- You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.
- if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14
God's Amazing Grace
Celebrating God's Grace
- as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
- Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! For if, while we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!
- He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us
2 Corinthians 1:10
Learning to Forgive
How to Forgive Those that Have Wronged You
- For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?"
Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.
- But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
Matthew 5:44, 46-47
- Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
- On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
- When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”