Teaching Kids "The Lord's Prayer" and other Bible Truths
Jesus, Teach Me How to Pray
Even in a modern world, some of the greatest lessons you'll teach children will be from "The Lord's Prayer," the 23rd Psalm and the Ten Commandments. That's the goal of this children's curriculum, to help kids learn these Bible basics. These 52 lessons are designed to help you bring them to life for the children in your ministry program.
Below you'll find an overview of the curriculum as well as links to samples and information on how to order the electronic or print version using PayPal.
I really appreciate you stopping by here. And, if you like what you see, there's an "e-mail" button up there. Go ahead and share it with your friends. Have a great day!!!
Scroll down to see the overview, ideas for your ministry and a few more samples.
More Curriculum and Vacation Bible School
- Heroes of the Bible - Children's Curriculum
Children's Curriculum for kids age 4-12 using the Heroes, Heroines, Champs and Chumps of the Bible. Because we can learn as much from the folks who walked away with God as those who were faithful.
- Vacation Bible School
Jesus is Turnin' the Town Upside Down is the Theme of this Brand New VBS. With three original songs, crafts and game ideas and easy to prepare lessons, this VBS is perfect for any children's ministry
52 Week Overview
In a Nutshell
This curriculum will take 52 weeks to explore those three topics: The Lord's Prayer, the 10 Commandments and the 23rd Psalm. Plus from time to time there are bonus lessons designed to help reinforce parts of the church year, like Communion, Advent, Christmas, Lent and Easter.
Addtionally, many of the lessons offer opportunities to share the basic message of salvation. Three have the salvation message written into the curriculum and include a sample prayer to help lead a child to Christ. I've met a lot of adults who think that children are too young to understand salvation. They teach the Bible more as stories rather than a life guidebook and the way to Christ. But fortunately, I've also met a lot of four to twelve year olds who I know beyond a shadow of a doubt have made a commitment to serve our Savior. Even very young children have the capacity to understand the message of salvation. These lessons are built with that philosophy in mind.
This schedule was originally designed to fit a September-August program; however, your sample will include a program calendar that begins with Advent as well as one that starts in January. Additionally, you can start any time of the year and simply plug in the "Bonus" sections at the appropriate times.
Here's a brief overview of the topics:
Unit 1: Our Father in Who Art Heaven
- 3 weeks to explore what it means that God is our Father
Unit 2: Hallowed by thy Name
- 3 weeks of helping kids understand that God's name is Holy
Unit 3: Thy Kingdom Come
- 3 weeks that will help children see what God's Kingdom looks like on earth and in heaven.
Unit 4: Thy Will be done
- 3 weeks - what does it mean to do God's will (include Jesus' baptism)
Unit 5: On Earth as it is in Heaven
- 3 Weeks - how can we do God's will on Earth, just like in heaven
Unit 6: Give us this day our Daily Bread - Also appropriate for Lenten Use
- 3 Weeks - God is our provider
Unit 7: Forgive us our debts as we Forgive Our Debtors -
Also Appropriate for Lenten Use
- 3 Weeks exploring forgiveness
Unit 8: Lead us not into temptation
- 3 weeks - how can we avoid temptation
Unit 9: Deliver Us from Evil
- 3 weeks - tying together temptation, evil and forgiveness.
Unit 10: For Thine is Kingdom, Power & Glory Forever. Amen.
- 3 Weeks learning about the Power and Glory of God
+Unit 11: 23 Psalm
- 3 weeks in the 23rd Psalm
+Unit 12: The 10 Commandments + The Greatest Commandment
- 8 Lessons - 7 weeks in the 10 commandments + the two Greatest Commandments
+Bonus: The Church Year I +
- 7 Lessons - Thanksgiving - Advent (4 lessons) - Christmas - New Year/Wise Men
+Bonus: Communion (appropriate for World Communion Sunday)
+Bonus: The Church Year II
- Includes Palm Sunday, Easter and Pentecost
+Bonus: Back to School Party
See below on how you can create your own custom Quarter! I want this curriculum to work for your church!
+ These lessons can be made available as individual units
Would you like a more detailed Scope and Sequence? Click here
52 weeks - completely reproducible. Even if you have several teachers, you'll only need one book!
Available on Amazon
At Amazon, you may purchase the full year of reproducible curriculum in print version (it's about 300 pages)
The curriculum is also available at My Online Store in print or PDF format. The PDF is available for instant download.
You can also choose to purchase the curriculum by the Quarter in the digital format. You'll find more information about ordering the digital quarters below and at that link to the store.
Do you need a Specialized Quarter?
Some churches take the summer off and others have mid-week programs that meet once or twice each month.
You can create "quarters" that will meet your specific needs.
The cost for any quarter is $15 (just a little over $1 a week)
Here are a few ideas:
FOR CHURCHES WHO TAKE THE SUMMER OFF - 3 Quarters
Choose one of these options
- 10 Units (30 weeks) of "The Lord's Prayer" and 1 Unit (8 weeks) of the 10 Commandments plus one bonus lesson
- 10 Units (30 weeks) of "The Lord's Prayer" and 1 Unit (3 weeks) of 23rd Psalm Plus two bonus units
- 10 Units (30 weeks) of "The Lord's Prayer" and 3 bonus units
FOR CHURCHES WHO MEET MONTHLY OR LESS THAN WEEKLY - Choose one of these options
- 1 lesson from each unit of "The Lord's Prayer" (12 lessons - includes full 10th unit) PLUS one bonus lesson or
- 8 lessons from the Commandments, 3 lessons from the 23rd Psalm, PLUS 2 bonus lessons
or create your own! Mix and match any of the lessons!
These are the "BONUS" Lessons (these make a 4th Quarter)
- Back to School
- Palm Sunday
- 3 Advent
- The Wise Men
Your Children's Ministry
How Many Children are involved in your Kids' Ministry?
Get MORE samples!
Up to four more lessons!
I know how much I hate giving out my info until I'm sure the folks who are asking aren't spammers. So, I've made one lesson available with no strings attached. Just CLICK HERE and the first lesson will pop up for you.
The thing is when I'm evaluating new curriculum, I like to see a few lessons. So, if you'd like to see more than one, I am going to ask for your e-mail address. Almost immediately after you fill in this little form that will pop up, you'll get an e-mail with a password to allow you to open these lessons:
- The Sunday Before Christmas
- The 10 Commandments
- The 23rd Psalm
I try to keep it very simple. (your name and e-mail address are the only "required" fields and you can use a ficticious name if you like). The form will add your name to a list that I use to update folks on new children's ministry resources I have available and coupons for Lulu. No more than 2 e-mails per month is what you can expect.
And if you ever have questions, comments, problems or for some reason you pay for your copy and cyber space doesn't deliver your download, feel free to contact me. I usually respond within 24 hours. If you don't hear from me quickly, please feel free to send a second e-mail. I'm on the computer WAY TOO MUCH! So unless I'm on vacation or having a busy weekend, you'll get a response pretty fast.
What Others Are Saying . . .
We Like your curriculum because:
- It is user-friendly: the overview gives us the highlights so we know what to expect.The craft activity spells out exactly what we will need. The time allowed for each activity is estimated to help us plan for our time.The balance of different kinds of activities keeps the children engaged.
- You give suggestions for the lessons, not exact words to say. I really appreciate this because I can't say someone else's words, but I can learn from you and put biblical ideas into my own words and then the lesson becomes my lesson, its from my heart.
- The questions you ask the children are great. They engage the children and get them thinking.
- The lessons are fresh. What God is showing you now.
We'll be ordering the new curriculum soon
Thank you so much, Lowell & Sarah
Thank you so much for providing this curriculum - i've heard feedback from the other teachers that this has been better than any of the other lessons we've tried :)
Have a great summer