How To Clear Your Oracle Cards
We Will Explore Several Ways to Clear your Oracle Cards and Get better Readings as well as How to Store and Protect them
Below you will find four easy methods for cleansing oracle card decks to remove negative energy attained through previous readings or natural causes. If your intuitive readings seem to be off lately this will most likely help. Although I believe this has more to do with our own intuition and blocks, clearing them in this way helps you get tuned in with your cards. Clearing away the cloudy negativity preventing you from achieving the accurate readings you are used to. If you regularly use only one type of clearing or just using a cleansing prayer but feel you could use an extra boost this will most likely help with that. Sometimes it's good to change up and get some help from nature. The moon and her loving Lunar energy are a wondrous power that can lend her energy to your readings helping you become more and more accurate.
- Pendulum Clearing
- Clear Quartz
Storing and Protecting your Cards using Crystals and Stones:
- Black Tourmaline
How to Clear your Cards using a Pendulum
Pendulums are normally known as a divination tool but can be used for all sorts of things such as clearing the Chakras. Pendulums can also be used to clear your Oracle or Tarot decks of negative energy. Using this method is one of the fastest ways to clear your decks before use. A great choice if you are planning to use them right away and want to clear your deck quickly.
To do this I recommend clearing your pendulum first. This helps to clear it of any previous intentions. You can do this with a white sage smudge stick or by saying a cleansing prayer and then setting your intention to clear your deck. It wouldn't hurt to send a little sage smoke over your deck either. Just be careful to never hold the smudge stick over your deck because you could drop a few burning ashes over them and burn your cards. I've done this before I know. It was not a happy moment.
Instructions for Clearing your Oracle Deck:
- Hold your pendulum in your hand over your deck.
- Then allow the pendulum to drop holding the lob.
- Your pendulum will be moving and just allow it to move in any direction only giving the intention to clear your Oracle deck.
- When the pendulum slows and stops your Oracle cards are now clear of negativity and ready for use.
Clearing your Oracle Decks with Sunlight and Clear Quartz
First, lets talk a little bit about why using the Sunlight works. When using the Sun to clear our divination tools we are asking the Sun to clear and energize our tools with its Solar Energy. The Sun's Solar energy is very energizing with its element of fire. Fire element is also known for its cleansing power. Just think about how we purify our drinking water in great need. We boil it using a fire on the stove. So using the Sun to clear our oracle cards will work in a similar way except we are using a safer method, The Sun. The Sun will clear and then also energize our cards hopefully giving us more accurate and sometimes brighter readings in my opinion. Of course, this could just be my own interpretation and intuition getting involved. Oracle cards have many ways of leading us to the answers we seek. Why not the brightest most cheerful way possible? A special note here though, if your readings still appear to be more negative if may have more to do with the subject or person you are reading for. You may want to ask how can you turn this around and see if any solutions are revealed.
Clearing your Oracle cards with Solar Energy, The Sun:
I prefer to do this with my cards exposed face up. I feel leaving the most vulnerable side up is a way of taking the shield off and being ready to be cleansed. I never do this method with my cards still in their protect case. So you may need a weight of some kind if you aren't planning to use a Quartz crystal that is heavy enough to hold them down possibly being blown by the wind. You can also set your cards in your windowsill where they will get plenty of Sun and not exposed to the wind or rain. This will allow your cards to stay protected but still be cleaned from the Solar rays.
- Place your deck face up either on the window sill or outside for at least 2-3 hours.
- Use a Clear Quartz Crystal to place on top. The quartz crystal is known for amplifying energy. In this case, it will amplify the Sun's Solar Energy allowing the cleansing to me magnified and more powerful. (If not using a clear quartz crystal I suggest leaving your cards for about 8 hours or Sunrise to Sunset)
- If you like you can say a cleansing affirmation to give intention to this process.
You can say, "I cleanse and charge you now with the help of the Sun's Solar light releasing you of all negative energy throughout all time and space; The Past, Present, and Future. You are now bright and beautiful once more attuned to our highest good."
Introduction to Oracle Cards and other ways to Cleanse your Deck
Oracle Cards for Beginners
If you are new to Oracle Cards or have mainly used Tarot as your form of divination I believe the video to the right will be a great video to watch. She explains a few of the differences and why you might want to try using oracle decks. She also gives a few other quick ways to cleanse your oracle decks.
Most oracle decks come with an instructional booklet. I highly suggest reading those. They usually give a prayer or cleansing method to use before using your deck. I highly suggest beginning with those and then after you are a little more comfortable, try out a few other methods like using Sage or incense to help keep your deck clear. I know this video will help you and give you some contrast on what types of methods you can use to clear your deck as well as a brief introduction to using Oracle Decks and how to choose the right oracle deck for you.
Clearing your Oracle Deck with the Moon's Lunar Energy
What kind of energy or feeling do you get when you think of the moon? This can be important to think about when deciding which method to choose when clearing your oracle deck. The Sun's Solar Energy is a fire element and therefore I think of fast or instant, whereas the moon I think of as the opposite. The moon to me is a slow calming energy usually thought of at nighttime when it's time to rest or sleep. I also think of slower energy being more accurate where as fast or instant could mean more mistakes.
The Moon's lunar energy is known for her wisdom guiding us in our dreams. Her energy is calming and slow, motherly like. The moon can help clear your Oracle deck just as effectively as the Sun. Since the Moon's energy is slower I recommend at least 3 days to 7 days of clearing your oracle decks. Since the Full Moon is when the Lunar energy is at it's greatest this is the time to put your Oracle cards out for a good long cleansing, helping to invite wisdom and allow your cards to be more accurate. Your cards will absorb her loving wisdom and provide you with confidence in your readings. If these are the attributes you are looking for then you have found the right cleansing for your deck.
Instructions for Clearing your Deck with Lunar Energy:
- The Lunar Energy will be at its strongest during a full moon. So you will want to place your deck on your window sill or outside, protected from the rain of course; at least 3 days before the full moon and 3 days after. The Full Moon's energy is still active and is at its strongest during those days. Take note that if you clear and charge your deck regularly and are working with your deck constantly this method is not necessary. Only when you feel like it could use a long tune-up and some love from the moon.
- Place a Clear Quartz, known for its universal energy, meaning it can be used in place of other crystals with the properties and attributes you desire, on top of your deck. This will help to amplify the moons energy. If you have a Moonstone this will be perfect for help with clearing your deck. The Moonstone stimulates confidence and balances the emotions, encourages intuitiveness and perception and enhances the feminine energy. The Moonstone can be used to also enhance the moon's lunar energy and aid in clearing your deck while also imbuing confidence and intuitiveness that you can draw from while using your deck. It can also help to wear moonstone while doing your readings. Moonstone is great for this.
- Because you will be putting your deck out for 3 or more days it is important that you bring in your decks during the day or at least cover your deck with a cloth to give it a rest. You can also return your cards to their box and then bring them out again the next night when the moon is rising.
Poll: Clearing your Oracle Deck
Which method of these methods is your favorite for clearing your oracle decks?
Try this inexpensive box for storing your oracle cards with Tree of Life carving on the top cover
Storing and Protecting your Oracle Cards
You should definitely pay attention to how you store and handle your oracle cards. Work with them regularly and clear them as often as possible especially when using them to read for others. Taking care of your deck helps you create a relationship with your cards and helps you connect with them more easily each time you do this. Protecting them when not in use is equally as important.
Protection your Oracle Cards
- Always keep them covered when you are away from them and not intending to use them.
- Store them where they won't be harmed by the elements, humidity, wind where they can get blown and damaged, near the fire where they can be burned and especially water.
- Protecting your cards from negative energies or outside influence is also important. When not in use you can store them in their protective case or in a sacred box. You can place protective Crystals and stones either inside the box with your cards, around the outside of the box or even adorn the box with these stones.
Crystals and Stones I recommend:
- Black Tourmaline: known as the protection stone; wards off fear and negativity and protects on all levels. Enhances inspiration and encourages self-confidence and understanding.
- Obsidian: Grounds, protects and shields against negativity. Aids in the understanding and clearing of subconscious blocks
- Clear Quartz: The Energy Stone; Excellent for meditation, amplifies energy and thought. Dispels negativity, receives stores and transmits energy. Aids communication with every dimension.
- Snowflake Obsidian: Brings purity and balance on all levels. Encourages understanding and realignment of thought patterns.
© 2014 Guided Abundance