- Religion and Philosophy»
- Paranormal Beliefs & Experiences
Connecting with Spirits: Tips on How to Connect to the Spirit World Safely
Connecting with Spirits
The paranormal appears to be a popular topic lately. Just turn on the television and find a program where people are trying to find spirits or connect with them. However, this has been an interest of many long before the cameras started rolling. Just do a bit of research and you will be able to find where people have been holding séances and other attempts to connect with the Spirit world for centuries!
Reasons to Connect
What is the reason to connect? Well, there could be several reasons anyone would want to connect. Whether they connect with themselves or through someone else, it can be rewarding to connect to the Spirit world. Let's look deeper into some reasons to connect to the other side.
- There is a loved one you want to connect with that is on the other side. Thus, this reason is probably one of the most common reasons to want to connect. Especially if the loss is recent and you want to know if your loved one is going well.
- Some may feel guided to connect to the other side. Particularly those people that have mediumship tendencies that may not be realized quite yet.
- A person may also be receiving signs from the other side. If there is a spirit that wants your attention, whether they know you or not, they may try to do things to get that attention.
Reasons NOT to Connect
However, just as there are reasons to connect, there are also reasons not to connect. Thanks to shows on television, it could give people the idea to try to connect with the other side on their own. This is can be all fine and well IF it is done correctly and with precautions. Nevertheless, recent television shows aren't to blame for people just jumping into things carelessly. People have been doing things on a whim for centuries, ever play with an Ouija board at a slumber party?? Therefore, what are some reasons you should not connect?
- It is being done on a whim. You just randomly decide it's a good time and you jump right into it without preparation or protection. Make sure you are well and ready before attempting to connect.
- It's being done at a party or gathering as entertainment or a dare. Once again, there is no preparation or protection when participating in this fashion. In fact, with all the energies that could be at that party, you never know what others are thinking, feeling, or if intentions are good. Hence, Ouija boards, séances, and other similar strategies should be avoided in these situations. Yes, it seems like it could be a fun game or good scare, but seriously, these things can be dangerous.
- You are not comfortable with what you are doing or what someone else is doing. If you have a tinge of doubt and not because you aren't trusting what is coming through, but because something feels off, then don't attempt to connect.
Do's and Don'ts: The Do's
Having discussed the reasons, you should or should not connect, let's talk about the do's and don'ts of connecting. There are several things you should do before and during connecting with spirits. First and foremost, it is important to remember is that this is a serious thing, and should not be taken lightly.
- Do protect yourself by inviting Divine spirits, Guides and Angels to join you. Basically, you want your Spirit Team with you for protection and guidance. Any of the mediums you see on television have a spirit team they work with during their sessions.
- Do make sure you are grounded and protected. Visualize yourself as rooted to the floor through your feet to ground. Then you will want to visualize yourself surrounded by a white light that is basically your shield that will protect you during the session.
- Do ask the spirit its name and engage the spirit in conversation. If a spirit wants to connect, make sure it's a two-way conversation and see what information you can obtain from the spirit. Do not just leave them hanging. However, it is not always guaranteed that you are going to get much information or even the information you ask for. The spirit may have its own message they need to get out to someone.
- Do use a tool to connect with the spirit. These can be things such as cards, automatic writing, a pendulum or other divination tools. This will just help you connect better, especially if you are just starting out. A tool is just that, a tool to help you focus on what is coming through, the messages are not necessarily coming through because you are using that tool.
- Do be respectful and patient. Just because this person is in spirit doesn't mean they do not deserve respect. Also, it takes a lot of energy on their part to connect with you, therefore, if you are not getting what you want or when you want it, be patient with that spirit.
Do's and Don'ts: The Don'ts
Now, for the don'ts. These are very important as well. There are spirits and energies you DO NOT want to encounter and need to be prepared so you do not accidently unleash something that shouldn't be released.
- Do not use an Ouija Board or another type of tool that can let all kinds of unwanted things into our world.
- Do not try to contact if you are unprotected. This was discussed a bit earlier in the article. IF you MUST use a tool like this, use it wisely and with protection. If you feel like you do not know how to work with any of this responsibly, don't use it. If you ask most people who connect with the spirit world, they would suggest avoiding the Ouija board altogether.
- Do not continue if it feels uncomfortable. If anything feels off or you feel overwhelmed or out of control with the situation, do not keep going.
- Do not try to connect if you are unsure what you are doing. Please be prepared, protected, and ready.
- Do not tease or challenge a spirit. I see this more and more on television shows and frankly, it is just asking for trouble.
How to Connect
Alright, we have gotten through reasons to connect and not to connect as well as do's and don'ts. Now, we are ready for what to do to connect. Several of the following steps have been mentioned throughout this article, but let's get it all in one place.
- Relax and ground yourself.
- Make sure you are protected, call in your spirit team and surround yourself with white light.
- At this point just try to relax your mind and not force things to come.
- Pay attention to what comes into your mind. Use all your senses: what do you see, feel, smell, hear, taste? Use your tool(s) if felt guided.
- If a spirit should come through ask it their name, see if you can get a sense of who the spirit is and what message they may have to give.
- After you are finished make sure you show gratitude and basically just finish things up so that there is a closure of some sort.
- Do not worry or be disappointed if you cannot connect right away. This takes time, patience, and practice. Just keep trying and practicing.
© 2017 Christy